Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I've submitted the Sigs to the Save SG-1 site, but they are not official until they are on My Sig Blog and/or are on the Save SG-1 site.

However, I'll let you know when you can use them.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
      Well, I've submitted the Sigs to the Save SG-1 site, but they are not official until they are on My Sig Blog and/or are on the Save SG-1 site.

However, I'll let you know when you can use them.
      I'll put them on the SaveStaragteSG1 site in the next 10 minutes

Comment

I'm surprised we haven't heard any news about a new show or how SG-1 will be continuing.
        Last edited by HirogenGater; 03 October 2006, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nathanaus
          I'll put them on the SaveStaragteSG1 site in the next 10 minutes
          And you forgot mine too

Gilles
          http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
          Ben Browder interview
          Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Okay they are now official. They'll be on my sig blog by the end of the day, I hope.
            sigpic

Comment

The only ones that made the show get cancled are the writters.Stories got crappier by the season and some shows were absolutely horrible...the stories are getting dry.Biggest mistake was the loss of "link" with the other seasons imo(characters,races,etc).

Comment

I made this, anyone can use it:

sigpic
                "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Wallpaperman
                  And you forgot mine too

I haven't forgotten. I have quite a few to put up as well as a few other things. I'm getting there

Comment

Ok, before i start, just remember i LOVE stargate...its sooo much better than Babylon 5, more beliveable than star trek and just THE BEST SHOW ON TV!!
                    BUT....
                    I do understand why the ratings have dropped. I found it soo difficult to get into season 9...season 10 i have just started watching (yes i know its not on british tv yet, but i still have it!)
                    Same story lines...same problems...Ok, so the goa'uld changed to the Ori..and the ori possess even greater powers than the goa'uld...but come on.
                    The Stargate SG-1 has had such a good run...its popularity is high, even people who dont like Sci-Fi shows watch it!
                    Time has come to say goodbye to this show...its lost its momentum...with Richard Dean Anderson and Don S Davis no longer in the show...the chemistry between the actors has gone. Ben Brower is too smart to be in command of SG-1, RDA was just right for the part...acted dumb but showed inteligence when needed. Im sorry there arent anymore going to be made but the time has come to end the show..just remember Friends called it a day and that was even more popular than SG-1.
                    Stargate Atlantis i believe still has a lot of story lines left to run...so hopefully that will have a life almost as long as SG-1...maybe the next series they come up with could be Stargate Chronicles...who says the stories have to be based on how the gate is used in our time, cant we see how the gate was developed by the ancients and how and why they used it and put it on various planets. What good did it do? how did they get with the Asgard, Nox and the other races...
                    Things like that.
                    Stargate will be a phenomenon that will last for generations.
                    Come on MGM...put ur thinking cap on...Stargate saga has only just begun...i personally could thing of at least 10 episodes that could be written for Stargate Chronicles.

Oh well..i've babbled on enough

Please reply to this and let me know what u think.

Kind Regards James

Comment

While SG1 may have lost a few ratings it is still one of Sci-fi's top 10 shows (stated on Sci-fi's own website). I literally cannot think of a logical reason for why a network would cancel one of its best and most popular shows? It makes no sense to meeeee! Particularly when the actors all had continuing contracts!

The reason i'm here is to ask why is the season break in the states 6 months this year rather than the usual 3? Was that Sci-fi's decision?

I'm just wondering as with the break being so long do you think that both SG1and SGA will lose some casual viewers because of the extended break?

It is possible this is a ploy to lower ratings to justify their canceling of SG1? And maybe for SGA to soon follow? I'm sure casual views must make up the numbers for ratings! What do you think?

Sorry if this has already been asked. I didnt have time to read all 97 pages!

Nutx

Comment

I think SG-1 is still strong. I agree with some of the other posters that they should resolve many of the story arc out there (i.e. Jonas, Crystal Skull aliens, Furlings, etc.) but it is still a great show in spite of that. I would watch it for another 10 seasons no problemo, although I would hope that they would resolve all the arcs still out there by then.

Comment

quick question

yes i do no about the news...those SCIFI..B..F...A...i am going to hold a personal grudge against them until the day i die...!

anyway as for the cancellation what do they mean by minieseries? like how long are the episodes are going to last? how are they going to turn it inot a miniseries
                          DAM YOU SCI FI.....DAM U TO SCI HELL arghhhh.....

Comment

Originally posted by Nutty_One111
                            While SG1 may have lost a few ratings it is still one of Sci-fi's top 10 shows (stated on Sci-fi's own website). I literally cannot think of a logical reason for why a network would cancel one of its best and most popular shows? It makes no sense to meeeee! Particularly when the actors all had continuing contracts!

The reason i'm here is to ask why is the season break in the states 6 months this year rather than the usual 3? Was that Sci-fi's decision?

I'm just wondering as with the break being so long do you think that both SG1and SGA will lose some casual viewers because of the extended break?

It is possible this is a ploy to lower ratings to justify their canceling of SG1? And maybe for SGA to soon follow? I'm sure casual views must make up the numbers for ratings! What do you think?

Sorry if this has already been asked. I didnt have time to read all 97 pages!

Nutx

I think that's what they're counting on so they can make the excuse of low ratings again. Last year was a time change, this year will be an extended break.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                            Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

is there any new info on the show's return?
                              C. Edmund

Comment

Complaints about our complaint letters are now starting to surface (at least at SciFi):

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/letters/index.html

Keep writing to [email protected]! And keep writing to the shyster firm of Hammer and Stern (addresses at www.savestargatesg1.com). They are probably sick of us too.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Working...
                                X