This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MB.Eddie
    Are we watching the same shows? So far season 10's stories are on track to becoming one of the best seasons ever imo. Atlantis is improving, but still no where near the quality of SG1 yet imo...
    I was thinking the same thing lol. Season 2 of Atlantis was the worst season of an SG show ever (and that includes the atrocious season 1 of SG-1!) Season 3 is a complete 180 though so I won't hold it against the show. However, season 10 is amazing! And season 9 was great too, although I know there are some who disagree there, I do not see how anyone can do the same with 10 since it has been one of the best seasons ever (minus Uninvited and Insiders of course )

Comment

Originally posted by chayharley
      IMO, it went downhill the minute they put in Ben Brown'er (sic) and Claudia Black.

<snip criticisms>

Anyway, I'm curious (at least) to see the rest of the season, so if they put it up for download, I'm there.
      Well, if you were hoping for help from Ben and Claudia fans in your effort to "save" the show, you just alienated them.

A lot of people are sitting this "save our show" effort out because of this kind of thing.

Note to the organizers of "save our show" efforts: have an open door policy and avoid alienating people you might want help from.

Comment

Originally posted by chayharley
        IMO, it went downhill the minute they put in Ben Brown'er (sic) and Claudia Black.

Ben, because he has as much facial expression as a sow (and cannot do a "Jack" joke to save himself), and Claudia because she plays an airheaded prat that's simply annoying.
        You know, don't expect any help in saving "your show" from this Claudia/Vala fan.
        T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant
          Well, if you were hoping for help from Ben and Claudia fans in your effort to "save" the show, you just alienated them.

A lot of people are sitting this "save our show" effort out because of this kind of thing.

Note to the organizers of "save our show" efforts: have an open door policy and avoid alienating people you might want help from.
          Just head on over to www.savestargatesg1.com. They not only have an open door policy but even cite the new changes/additions as reason why the show deserves a season 11 (which is something I agree with)

Comment

I read somewhere that you plan to do a second ad for a magazine.
            If you need someone to make the graphic part of that ad, just ask!
            Gilles
            http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
            Ben Browder interview
            Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Something new about the campaign:
              Read that article: http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6379001.html

And new poll on http://www.savestargatesg1.com :
              "If there really is no chance of an 11th season on TV, I'd prefer:"

-An 11th season through online pay-per-download services
              -A couple of strong TV movies to take SG1 out on a high
              -Development of the rumoured new Stargate spinoff
              -An 11th season direct-to-DVD
              I've chosen "Direct to DVD"
              Gilles
              http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
              Ben Browder interview
              Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Originally posted by Wallpaperman

Thanks for the article, Direct to DVD is another great option.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallpaperman

Me too
                  T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

I would prefer direct to DVD but decided to go for digital distribution because that has a better chance of actually happening.

Comment

I guess we won.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Davis View Post
                        I guess we won.
                        How so?
                        Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
                          How so?
                          Well we have gotten 2 straight to DVD movies. And we most likley will get more.

Comment

Well we have gotten 2 straight to DVD movies. And we most likley will get more.
                            Thats a mini victory at best imo. I think a season 11 or mini series > Movies, and still believe its possible.

Dont get me wrong, id take the movies if that was our only chance, but i think we can do better...
                            Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
                              Thats a mini victory at best imo. I think a season 11 or mini series > Movies, and still believe its possible.

Dont get me wrong, id take the movies if that was our only chance, but i think we can do better...
                              Well MGM will get the cash from the DVD's and with over 2 million watching SG-1 now, it is safe to assume that those viewers will buy the DVD's and make money for MGM. And then MGM will make more movies and or season 11 to make more of that sweet sweet cash.

Comment

Well MGM will get the cash from the DVD's and with over 2 million watching SG-1 now, it is safe to assume that those viewers will buy the DVD's and make money for MGM. And then MGM will make more movies and or season 11 to make more of that sweet sweet cash.
                                The problem with that is that the cast most likely will not wait for MGM to be ready to make a season 11 after the dvd movies, and may seek other employment, and then may not be available when MGM say they are ready...

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Working...
                                X