Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What DVD movies!? When will they be out!? What will be the storyline!?

Comment

Originally posted by aaronwt View Post
      What DVD movies!? When will they be out!? What will be the storyline!?
      http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/1...oming_to.shtml
      Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
        The problem with that is that the cast most likely will not wait for MGM to be ready to make a season 11 after the dvd movies, and may seek other employment, and then may not be available when MGM say they are ready...

Well, then they could make a few more movies. Beggars can't be Choosers. Be happy that we have some movies.

Comment

Just ending the show is so very wrong. It is also a bad business practice. I can understand having to cancel a show due to lower ratings and such, but lets get real. If you are going to run a series then run it to an end. SG-1 is like reading a book as many of series shows are; this is why people watch them. To end it without finishing the current story is ludicrous. An example of another Sci-Fi folly was Crusade. It had no end and was abruptly stopped due to ratings.

If they are going to cancel the series then end it with a closing chapter. Right now I think the Ori have taken over at least in the commonsense and caring department. If Sci-Fi wants to keep its rating base they need to end a series with a final chapter. If an author of a book consistently published books that abruptly ended leaving the reader to guess at what happened next. I doubt he would be writing very long.

Comment

I think that the movies will clear up all the lose ends and hopefuly make some new ones. We couls see season 11 on another network for the 2007-2008 season if the movies are a hit. So stop griping and buy 12 copies of those movies.

Comment

MY PLEA TO SCI FI.
              So let me get this straight, SCI FI fixes a problem that isnt a problem by changing the friday night line up, and then when it affects them negatively in ratings (and thats what this is all about) then all of a sudden they cancel the show, and then feed us tidbit garbage like straight to dvd movies or big screens outlets. FRAK THAT! i seriously would boycott sci fi, SGA and maybe even BSG because of this bonehead decision. Just completely ignore the fans. I went through this once before with Deep Space 9. I just serious wish i could comprehend why they are doing this. There is just too much to do with SG1 and i dont think that SGA will fly without its counterpart, simply due to the way Sg1 will end. WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS? WHY DO IT TO US? People will pay for these episodes. give them what they want. if you dont feel like you CAN, THEN FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN. G4 is a great outlet. Spike TV is a great outlet. Hell USA is a good outlet. Dont do this to us. I will hurt SCI FI CHANNEL ALOT MORE THAN ITS GOING TO HURT US. WE WILL remember this for a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY long time. Dont do this to us.
              What is it that sci fi channel would want us to do, and IM PRETTY SURE THE FANS WILL DO IT. or at least try to make it happen, but at the very least allow US the FANS to determine the fate of one of the greatest TV shows in entainment history. One of the greatest assembly of casts that has EVER seen the small screen. I dont know what else to say. I dont know how else to plead. I speak for every single fan, in every single genre, of every single form of entertainment...ALLOW US, THE FANS TO DETERMINE THE FATE OF THIS MASTERPIECE. Please...

Comment

For all those who want to see Sci-Fi return for more seasons of Stargate SG-1 this message is for you.

The President of Sci-Fi Ms. Bonnie Hammer is compiling a database from the calls that her office receives asking that SG-1 not be cancelled.
                They are compiling this database to find out how many and from where the people are calling. This is your chance to make a difference! EVERY call will be statistically relevant to their study of this issue. Every call will give Ms. Hammer another round of ammunition to go to MGM/Universal with and fight for the shows renewal. If you want the show to be renewed it is very important that you call her office.

They are extremely nice to talk to about the cancellation and sincerely want to hear from you the viewers. The phone call will take less than five minutes and anyone interested in seeing SG-1 continue can make time for the call. Ms Hammers offices are in New York so for most people it will be a toll call.

Again, EVERY call counts! It means a lot to their statistics and gives them viable information to take to their advertisers and producers. If you do anything along the 'Save Stargate SG-1' realm, this call is important. They are counting these calls and doing their numbers from them! This is a great chance! Make it a family project and have everyone call!

Here is her information.

Ms. Bonnie Hammer
                President, SciFi Channel
                New York City, New York
                212-664-4444
                From outside of the US: (001) 212-664-4444

Call and Be Counted!

Thanks to Patrick M. Moffatt for the tip!
                Let's see what happens. I hope this is true.
                But in any case, that doesn't cost so much to call, 5 minutes from your time and a few money (depending where you are living), but the future of the show deserves it, right?
                Last edited by Wallpaperman; 10 December 2006, 01:33 AM.
                Gilles
                http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
                Ben Browder interview
                Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Something I don't get.

MGM have expressed their wish SG1 will cotinue for an 11th season. SciFi are the oens who decided not to renew the show.

How come then "Every call will give Ms. Hammer another round of ammunition to go to MGM/Universal with and fight for the shows renewal"?
                  Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                    Something I don't get.

MGM have expressed their wish SG1 will cotinue for an 11th season. SciFi are the oens who decided not to renew the show.

How come then "Every call will give Ms. Hammer another round of ammunition to go to MGM/Universal with and fight for the shows renewal"?
                    I don't know. I'm just forwarding a message from someone, hoping this is true ....
                    Every chance to save the show is welcome.
                    Gilles
                    http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
                    Ben Browder interview
                    Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Sci Fi Channel confirmed a report that Friday-night mainstay series Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis will return for their seasons' final 10 episodes in April, later than their usual January return from hiatus.

In September, Sci Fi said it ordered a fourth season of spinoff Atlantis but declined to order up an 11th year of SG-1, effectively canceling it. Sci Fi wouldn't comment on the scheduling move, but it would apparently see SG-1 series-ending episodes debut during the May ratings sweep period used to set ad rates.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/...=Breaking+News

What get's me is the fact that we won't see the rest of SG-1 till spring (7 months) just so the last episode will have a high Nelson rating and Skiffy can set thier advertizing charges higher. Yet, they wouldn't pay the extra for SG-1 season 11.

Greedy little *******s!
                      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                        Something I don't get.

I think it may be the case now that MGM want to do the movies and not an 11th season after all the trouble sci-fi have given them. Sci-fi would have to convince MGM they aren't going to screw them over again and would now like an 11th season afterall.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post

Greedy little *******s!
                          Eh, so what else is new.

The last time a channel fracked with the fans, UPN died and became CW (which isn't doing too well anyway). I'll admit that it probably had nothing to do with the fans, but history usually repeats itself.

Fingers crossed for the death of the Sci-***** channel in 2009!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            Eh, so what else is new.

The last time a channel fracked with the fans, UPN died and became CW (which isn't doing too well anyway). I'll admit that it probably had nothing to do with the fans, but history usually repeats itself.

Fingers crossed for the death of the Sci-***** channel in 2009!

Why wait till 2009? what happens in 2009?
                            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Just a random year in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                                I think it may be the case now that MGM want to do the movies and not an 11th season after all the trouble sci-fi have given them. Sci-fi would have to convince MGM they aren't going to screw them over again and would now like an 11th season afterall.
                                Mmm. I would understand not wanting any more trouble with the SciFi channel. But as for a season 11,MGM themselves seem to be tryign tp generate a hype about keeping a season 11. Yup, they could be lying through their teeth to the fans, but unless that's teh case, they seem to be interested in a season 11. Why shouldn' they? As long as SG1 is still running, the franchise's base is still strong, and they get all the money from DVDs. merchandise etc. It's the SciFi channel that see nothing of that money, therefore should care less if it's SG1 or SGA or a third spin off that continues.

...Unless, of course, they're starting to feel like all the other people who've been claimign that breaking up SciFi Friday is a major cause for the los of ratings
                                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X