• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 - Merchandise: Comic Images: System Lords Sneak Preview:

From Comic Images:

http://www.stargatetcg.com/news/2007/aug/01/Resilience/

System Lords Sneak Preview: Resilience

On Stargate SG-1, the Russians' attempt to run an active Gate program was short-lived and ultimately ineffective. In the Stargate TCG, you'll now have the chance to succeed where they failed. Or rather, fail where they failed. To understand what that means, you'd best take a look at this card from System Lords [at the site]:

As this event's lore indicates, the Russians put up a stoic front in the face of hardship -- and so you'll find that many of their cards actually improve your situation in the aftermath of a failed mission. Resilience is sort of the "poster child" for this theme, which continues on other cards such as Vallarin and Anatole Konstantinov.

One approach to using Resilience is to play it in much the same way you would use R and R: assign no one to the first mission of your turn, then bust out on a later mission with all four of your Russian team characters ready and boosted in their stats. But you don't necessarily have to completely give up on one mission to get a lot from Resilience at a later mission.

One team character, assisted by the right support characters, can be enough to make a serious run at your first mission. Now Resilience has you in a win-win situation -- if you can pull off the first mission of a turn, great; if not, then you can still keep three team characters ready for Resilience at mission two (or, better still, mission three!).

And for the ultimate in win-win, larger power reserves in the late game let you combine Resilience and Stoicism. You can go all-out on mission one, and still have a great chance of completing mission two if you should fail!

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Why are these cards so hard to get? I remember all the Star Trek cards from Decipher were sold in boxes and individually on ebay. Stargate TCG seems almost nonexistent on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater View Post
        Why are these cards so hard to get? I remember all the Star Trek cards from Decipher were sold in boxes and individually on ebay. Stargate TCG seems almost nonexistent on ebay.
        its the distribution, they are quite hard to get out of the 5 or so suppliers i use only one of them carries SG TCG and then only sperodically as it sells out quickly (which is a a good hting but they can;t seem to keep it in stock which is bad for me) as for the US is should be easier to get but not many places are selling it atm. i was looking into setting up a US based HQ so i could get the boxes at US prices and ship from thier but that didn't pan out as most of my business contacts over their are too busy to help me out.
        -once more unto the breech dear men, once more

Comment

Originally posted by cmdrchristof View Post
          its the distribution, they are quite hard to get out of the 5 or so suppliers i use only one of them carries SG TCG and then only sperodically as it sells out quickly (which is a a good hting but they can;t seem to keep it in stock which is bad for me) as for the US is should be easier to get but not many places are selling it atm. i was looking into setting up a US based HQ so i could get the boxes at US prices and ship from thier but that didn't pan out as most of my business contacts over their are too busy to help me out.
          That would have been great.

Btw, I see System Lords is out now. Is there a card list with pictures available? I don't see one on the official website.

Comment

Nothing I can see. You can find lots of previews of the cards on the official website though.

I just brought a booster box of them too.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Btw, I see System Lords is out now. Is there a card list with pictures available? I don't see one on the official website.
              This site has it.. http://www.kitsdb.com/Stargate/cardlist.php

I play the online version of this game and it's pretty fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Dwapook View Post
                This site has it.. http://www.kitsdb.com/Stargate/cardlist.php

I play the online version of this game and it's pretty fun!
                Great website, thanks!

Comment

Seriously, are there any UK print players? I'm gagging for some face-to-face action!
                  sigpic

Comment

http://stargatetcg.gamersroundtable....urnaments/202/

I'll be bringing some starterdecks for people interested in learning.
                    sigpic

Comment

You can see the complete list of cards with images and details at Trade Cards Online, and you can search the cards by rarity, by type, by name, by cost, by points, by glyph, or by any combination thereof.

And obviously the main purpose of the site is to keep track of your collection and trade with other users. All you need to maintain and improve your collection can be found there for free.
                      Trade your CCG cards at Trade Cards Online, free, easy and safe, and your miniatures at Miniature Trading.

Comment

Hey folks. Thought I'd attempt to revive this thread. Rise of the Ori is out at the end of next month:

That's all we've got regarding Rise of the Ori. It'll be interesting to see how ships are used and just how they effect gameplay. I'm really looking forward to it. I hope it's somewhat more significant than Dominion. Our only look at the new cards is through the promo, 3P1. We've had no demo promo like the Danny and Ra one from before. 3P1 was included in the latest tourny packs.

Also the community is taking efforts to keep interest up. The first full dreamcard set is out: http://afterthefallsotcg.googlepages.com/ I don't like some of the images, the characters in particular are stretched but the set introduces the Lucian Alliance.

I'm working on my own set based on the movie. I've made images of 3 cards so far:

I'm hoping we'll see more previews of Rise of the Ori soon. Also...have we got any new UK players here? Oh and if you want a copy of the promo: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN:IT&ih=009
                        sigpic

Comment

Hi guys, thought I'd pop in and say something since I've got some cards and want to start playing/learning to play. I originally bought them because they're stargate and I collect all things stargate, but the game looks so interesting I may have to learn properly! I haven't got System Lords yet, but intend to buy it, and the new Ori set eventually. Really hard to find them here in the UK though!
                          sigpic

Comment

Ebay. That's the simple answer. I get most of mine. There are booster boxes going for £20. System Lords ones, that is. Grab 'em while you can: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Stargate-Syste...QQcmdZViewItem

We're trying to get the game at the next GenCon UK: http://consupport.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1041
                            sigpic

Comment

Cool thanks for that. I swear they weren't on there last time I looked! I'm really tempted but I'm going to have to wait and see how the job hunting goes unfortunately.
                              sigpic

Comment

As I have quite a few copies of many cards, I'm selling some off on ebay. As far as I can see, there's no need to have any more than 3 copies of a card (somebody correct me if I'm wrong, I am new to this after all!), so I'm selling any I don't need off on ebay. UK only I'm afraid. More will be appearing soon but I'm not putting them all up at once. If anyone's interested, my seller name is sg1psychopath, and they are listed in the Stargate TCG section.

I'm also up for doing trades with people if anyone wants?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X