This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atlantis1 View Post
    Amazon just had me re-approve the pre-order on this book. They have lat May as when it is coming out.
    I understand that the book was delayed in approvals.

Incidentally, it's worth noting that MGM Licencing have only one person dealing with approvals of all licenced products for all properties under the MGM banner (not just Stargate), and that person works on a part-time basis - so consequently, getting numerous 100,000 word novel manuscripts read and approved sometimes takes a while. And if revisions or rewrites are requested, it takes even longer.

Out Now:
    Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
    Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
    "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by JMSwallow View Post
      I understand that the book was delayed in approvals.

Incidentally, it's worth noting that MGM Licencing have only one person dealing with approvals of all licenced products for all properties under the MGM banner (not just Stargate), and that person works on a part-time basis - so consequently, getting numerous 100,000 word novel manuscripts read and approved sometimes takes a while. And if revisions or rewrites are requested, it takes even longer.
      Are you coming to Eastercon, James? I'm cataloging art for the art show (well, I was until I started skiving on the iBook!)

FF
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
        Are you coming to Eastercon, James? I'm cataloging art for the art show (well, I was until I started skiving on the iBook!)

FF
        I am indeed. I'll doubtless see you there!

Out Now:
        Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
        Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
        "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
        ---------------------------------------------------
        Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by JMSwallow View Post
          I am indeed. I'll doubtless see you there!
          Cool! I'll be in the real ale bar with the usual undesirables (ie. The Plokta Cabal) and all the Apple's. Or you could join me for the belly dancing workshop?
          Going to be a good con, my 27th Eastercon. I feel old.

FF
          sigpic

Comment

How is everyone's projects going?
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Just posting since I can't seem to be able to subscribe to a thread without posting in it.

I now own all of your SG-1 and SGA books ( I will not support SGU in any way, shape or form ) and am looking forward to your upcoming ones. I hope you'll keep writing and publishing Stargate novels for many years yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                How is everyone's projects going?
                Obviously I answered this one elsewhere, but I've just a few minutes ago turned in the FINAL MGM edits on Power (which was Shadows and will always be Shadows in my heart ) to Fandy/MGM so we're racing toward publication now. Obviously that *MAY* date on Amazon was again slightly optimistic, but I'd guess we're 6 weeks from it being ready to ship.

Comment

It's been awhile since I've been around, so I wondered if anyone can tell me if there have been any releases in the series since: Air (SGU), Valhalla (SG1), and Angelus (SGA)?

Comment

Thats about it. We are supposed to get some new stuff this summer but who knows...

Comment

I got Stargate Atlantis "Dead End" Tuesday. "Hunt and Run" is supposed to be in the mail but I haven't got it yet.
                      "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                      'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                      Individuality is freedom lived.
                      'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Thanks. I just ordered those two from Amazon as well.

Comment

Just ordered my copies from Fandemonium. Went to the local bookstore to order them, and was told they list a publication date of July and if I ordered, I could expect them mid-July. Told the lady I thought that was funny as I got an email announcing they were already published, I could order direct and have them delivered by the end of the week. As much as I like to buy local, I'm not waiting another month to get my hands on the books.
                          sigpic

Comment

I always buy direct from Fandy as I like to support them. That said, this time I did get charged an overseas charge which had never happened before :/
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                              I always buy direct from Fandy as I like to support them. That said, this time I did get charged an overseas charge which had never happened before :/
                              Really??? Hm, I didn't get charged anything other than the two books and P&H (Which was cheaper than what the local bookstore was going to charge). I told hubby to keep an eye on the statements. I don't use that world pay and don't know how secure they are....
                              sigpic

Comment

I used to buy from Fandy to support them, but in this economy I need to save money when I can so I wait until I have enough that I need to buy from Amazon that is at least $25 so I can get free shipping. I know as much of the profit doesn't get back to Fandy, but I do what I have to do and it still counts as a unit sold.

Comment

Working...
                                X