Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any word on the Atlantis novel that was supposed to be out in November??? I'm still waiting..although the patience is getting thin. Although, I've never been known to have patience to begin with.

A general question:

With the airing of SGU, will the focus of the novels now shift more to that series rather than SG1 or SGA? Or will there still be an equal mix of all series?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
      Any word on the Atlantis novel that was supposed to be out in November??? I'm still waiting..although the patience is getting thin. Although, I've never been known to have patience to begin with.
      If you're talking about Chris Wraight's Dead End, that's due out on or around the 30th of this month.

With the airing of SGU, will the focus of the novels now shift more to that series rather than SG1 or SGA? Or will there still be an equal mix of all series?
      I'm sure Fandemonium will aim for an equal mix.

Out Now:
      Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
      Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
      "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
      ---------------------------------------------------
      Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by JMSwallow View Post
        Whoa, is it out already? I don't even have my copies yet! And thanks!
        Yeah, its out, only they have two copies on the shelf right now, (and one of the most recent copies of the SG1 and SGA novels, like Nightfall and Hydra)

Comment

Now that Universe is going have any of you fine authors been approached about doing short stories in the Stargate magazine?

Comment

GF just ordered me Air. Can't wait! Just finishing my re-read of Mirror,Mirror at moment.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I just wanted to pop in and give a big heartfelt THANK YOU to Shifu Swallow, the writer of SGU: Air novel, it is WONDERFUL! I can't help but see in my mind as if I was watching it as I read it. Its a wonderful book

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                I just wanted to pop in and give a big heartfelt THANK YOU to Shifu Swallow, the writer of SGU: Air novel, it is WONDERFUL! I can't help but see in my mind as if I was watching it as I read it. Its a wonderful book
                Thanks for your comment; I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed it!

Out Now:
                Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
                Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
                "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
                Twitter

Comment

I have a question for the authors - well, duh Would any of you be interested in writing a novel set in the Vegas 'verse of SGA? I mean, would it be interesting for you from a creative point of view, the fact that you could basically develop your "own" Atlantis because in Vegas, we've seen only Sheppard and McKay, so it would be up to you to decide who this 'verse's Teyla, Ronon, Ford, Elizabeth, Radek, Evan etc. etc. are? I mean, the Vegas 'verse seemed darker than our "regular" Atlantis, but I think that people might be interested to see this reality developed more than the short glimpse we got in the episode...

Comment

Cross-posting this from my LiveJournal just FYI...

Once again, it looks like I'll be joining the fun at the Chevron 7.4 convention next weekend (29th-31st January) at the Hilton Metropole in Birmingham. I'll be part of a Big Finish Productions/Fandemonium Books writer posse discussing my work writing novels and audio dramas in the worlds of Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe. Joining me will be Big Finish producer Paul Spragg and Sally Malcolm, Fandemonium editor and the writer of several Stargate books and audios.

We hope to be doing a panel and some signings over the weekend; there's plenty of cool Stargate stuff coming up in the next year, including BF's third series of Stargate audio dramas and Fandemonium's post-finale Atlantis novel series, so there's lots for us to talk about. And of course, there's also the event's spiffy line up of other guests, featuring David Hewlett, Ryan Robbins, Sharon Taylor, Brian J. Smith, Suanne Braun and James Bamford.
                    More information about the event can be found at the Massive Events website Here.

Out Now:
                    Twitter

Comment

Cross-posting this from my LiveJournal just FYI...

Once again, it looks like I'll be joining the fun at the Chevron 7.4 convention next weekend (29th-31st January) at the Hilton Metropole in Birmingham. I'll be part of a Big Finish Productions/Fandemonium Books writer posse discussing my work writing novels and audio dramas in the worlds of Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe. Joining me will be Big Finish producer Paul Spragg and Sally Malcolm, Fandemonium editor and the writer of several Stargate books and audios.

We hope to be doing a panel and some signings over the weekend; there's plenty of cool Stargate stuff coming up in the next year, including BF's third series of Stargate audio dramas and Fandemonium's post-finale Atlantis novel series, so there's lots for us to talk about. And of course, there's also the event's spiffy line up of other guests, featuring David Hewlett, Ryan Robbins, Sharon Taylor, Brian J. Smith, Suanne Braun and James Bamford.
                      More information about the event can be found at the Massive Events website Here.
                      Cool. Will we get any idea what Big Finish's series 3 will be like?

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
                        Cool. Will we get any idea what Big Finish's series 3 will be like?
                        You'll just have to go along and find out...

Out Now:
                        Twitter

Comment

Hello first time posting in this thread I have a question for the Author who wrote Air when you wrote about the SG-1 characters did you get imput from the writers about them because I am interested in what Daniel and Vala were doing big time shipper here I won't be able to buy the book for a long time you can put it spoilers so not to upset anyone else
                          sigpic
                          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                            Hello first time posting in this thread I have a question for the Author who wrote Air when you wrote about the SG-1 characters did you get imput from the writers about them because I am interested in what Daniel and Vala were doing big time shipper here I won't be able to buy the book for a long time you can put it spoilers so not to upset anyone else
                            It's not really a spoiler to say that Daniel and Vala do get a namecheck in the adaptation of Air, but they don't appear in the story (aside from Daniel's "instructional video" moments). To answer your other question, while the extra stuff in the Air novelisation was all approved by MGM, I did not get any "official" word on the fates of Daniel or Vala. The simple truth is, anything we tie-in writers invent for any characters can be superceded by the writers of the series at a later date.

Out Now:
                            Twitter

Comment

It's not really a spoiler to say that Daniel and Vala do get a namecheck in the adaptation of Air, but they don't appear in the story (aside from Daniel's "instructional video" moments). To answer your other question, while the extra stuff in the Air novelisation was all approved by MGM, I did not get any "official" word on the fates of Daniel or Vala. The simple truth is, anything we tie-in writers invent for any characters can be superceded by the writers of the series at a later date.
                              Thanks for the info I was told good things so let's hope it stays that way
                              sigpic
                              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

If you're talking about Chris Wraight's Dead End, that's due out on or around the 30th of this month.
                                Amazon just had me re-approve the pre-order on this book. They have lat May as when it is coming out.
                                "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                                'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                                Individuality is freedom lived.
                                'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Working...
                                X