Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same. I'm just so excited about all these new books. I hope Valhalla is on schedule. Think that's out for the first of October. Am going on holiday for 2 weeks in October so I need it for then.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
      Did you write it via script adapation?
      Is there another way? I worked from several drafts of the pilot scripts and adapted the plotline to fit a novel format; some of that involves moving scenes around, shifting viewpoints, etc. TV and prose have different styles of storytelling, so it's an interesting challenge translating one to the other.

Have you actually got to watch the show as well??
      Some of it. I'm interested to see how the final edit reflects the shooting script.

Oh and do we have a release date?
      That'll be announced soon.

Out Now:
      Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
      Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
      "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
      ---------------------------------------------------
      Twitter

Comment

I suppose, what I meant to say was. Will it be released in time for the airing of the pilot?
        sigpic

Comment

I suppose, what I meant to say was. Will it be released in time for the airing of the pilot?
          As close as possible, I hope.

Out Now:
          Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
          Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
          "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
          Twitter

Comment

I am now curious, I read your short story Shifu JMSwallow and I must say, great work! But I have a question. To send a story like that one, what exactly are the requirements for it to get printed? Is there anything like "this many words" or "this is word limit do not go over it" or trhe like?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
              I am now curious, I read your short story Shifu JMSwallow and I must say, great work!
              I've never written a short story called Shifu.

But I have a question. To send a story like that one, what exactly are the requirements for it to get printed? Is there anything like "this many words" or "this is word limit do not go over it" or trhe like?
              If you're referring to the short stories in the Stargate magazine, there is a set word-count, as there are with most articles in similar publications. The editor takes story ideas pitched from Fandmonium's pool of authors, and if they're approved by Titan and MGM, the full story is written and submitted.

Out Now:
              Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by JMSwallow View Post
                I've never written a short story called Shifu.

If you're referring to the short stories in the Stargate magazine, there is a set word-count, as there are with most articles in similar publications. The editor takes story ideas pitched from Fandmonium's pool of authors, and if they're approved by Titan and MGM, the full story is written and submitted.
                Those are the ones I'm reffering to yes Shifu Swallow (I'm Chinese Shifu = Master) You have pricked my curioucty more, Shifu Swallow, is it only those of the pool of autothrs, what of freelance writers? Or is it only Fandy/MGM writers only to write short stories for Stargate Magazine?

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Those are the ones I'm reffering to yes Shifu Swallow (I'm Chinese Shifu = Master)
                  Ah, my mistake. I'm very flattered!

You have pricked my curioucty more, Shifu Swallow, is it only those of the pool of autothrs, what of freelance writers? Or is it only Fandy/MGM writers only to write short stories for Stargate Magazine?
                  As I understand it, the Stargate magazine are only employing writers who have written for Fandemonium's book line and are not open to unsolicited submissions.

Out Now:
                  Twitter

Comment

And so you know James, GW posted new about the upcoming Air novelization and they said November release. Couple of quick questions regarding your experience. If I remember rightly, I'm sure adaptions get less time than normal to be written? Was this the case?

Did you enjoy writing the SGU characters and would you wanna come back for another?
                    sigpic

Comment

Couple of quick questions regarding your experience. If I remember rightly, I'm sure adaptions get less time than normal to be written? Was this the case?
                      That's generally true, but then you're not creating a story from the ground up, so it's a different kind of writing challenge.

Did you enjoy writing the SGU characters and would you wanna come back for another?
                      Yeah, I liked writing SGU; the thing about doing a pilot novelization is that you're writing early iterations of characters and storylines, and it'll be interesting to see how they grow and change. There's stuff in "Air" that clearly lays pipe for future storylines...

As for writing an original SGU story, I have some ideas, but I'd like to see more of the show first.

Out Now:
                      Twitter

Comment

Cool, thanks for answering. And another one, how did you end up being the one to write the novel?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JMSwallow View Post
                          Ah, my mistake. I'm very flattered!

As I understand it, the Stargate magazine are only employing writers who have written for Fandemonium's book line and are not open to unsolicited submissions.
                          *bows* All the more flattering when it comes from a Princess. But now i'm curious as EAG there, how did you get picked to write the polit novel for SGU? was it a betting pool, odd man out, raffle winner writes the novel? How exactly did you get picked to write it? Did everyone just say "he's doing it" and point to the guy on their left which eventually led to you?

Comment

I got Valhalla in the mail today! I can't wait to read it!

Comment

Cool, thanks for answering. And another one, how did you end up being the one to write the novel?
                              But now i'm curious as EAG there, how did you get picked to write the polit novel for SGU? was it a betting pool, odd man out, raffle winner writes the novel? How exactly did you get picked to write it? Did everyone just say "he's doing it" and point to the guy on their left which eventually led to you?
                              The simple truth is, they asked me and I said yes...

Out Now:
                              Twitter

Comment

I'm happy to see that female authors are returning to the SGA book series. I admit that I missed the "female touch" in the latest books. Action is great, of that there's no doubt, but in tie-in novels, I like to see what makes the characters "tick", what makes their relationships work... Stuff that couldn't be covered in the series. That's why I adore Sonny Whitelaw's "Exogenesis" or Martha Wells' "Entanglement" in the SGA series and Julie Fortune's "The Sacrifice Moon" in the SG-1 series of books.

Great work, authors. I'm so happy that you keep the shows alive with your stories *bows*

Comment

Working...
                                X