This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
    Wow, I'm surprised you have any time to write!

How on earth do you manage to juggle writing and the little one? My little girl is 15 weeks now and I have NO time to myself! She's at the stage where she is awake and aware a lot of the time and wanting attention/distraction but is too little and uncoordinated to entertain herself!
    How do I find time to write? Right now ... I don't. I'm sure I could cram in a few words a night, but I wouldn't be able to hit any publishing deadlines, and I don't think the quality would be very good. Consider this my hiatus.

On another subject: everyone send huge congrats to our own Steven Savile and James Swallow, who BOTH just won 2009 Scribe Awards for their Primeval and Star Trek novels, respectively. Fantastic job, guys!
    Beth
    http://www.elizabethchristensen.com
    http://www.stargatenovels.com

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Christensen View Post
      How do I find time to write? Right now ... I don't. I'm sure I could cram in a few words a night, but I wouldn't be able to hit any publishing deadlines, and I don't think the quality would be very good. Consider this my hiatus.

On another subject: everyone send huge congrats to our own Steven Savile and James Swallow, who BOTH just won 2009 Scribe Awards for their Primeval and Star Trek novels, respectively. Fantastic job, guys!
      Yeah, just saw that on James' blog, big congratulations!
      And the lovely Keith R.A. DeCandido getting Grand Master, must buy him a drink at Worldcon.

Any of the Fandy authors going to Worldcon (I'm home from week in Wales today and off to Montreal next Saturday!!!! Eeek!, when will all the washing get done!!!)

FF
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the congratulations. I'm delighted to win the Scribe; these awards are important for raising the profile of tie-in fiction, and it's great to be a part of that!

I'm also hoping to announce some new Stargate stuff in the coming weeks...

Out Now:
        Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
        Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
        "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
        ---------------------------------------------------
        Twitter

Comment

I finished reading Stargate Resistance yesterday and it had me wondering. If you had the chance, would you want to write a what-if novel? Ignore certain things that happened in the series and go from there. Say, Heroes never happened. That sorta thing. An alternate universe novel. One set entirely in another universe.

Oh and am about 130 pages in Hyrda. Absolutely loving it.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Internet broadcast maven Alex Fitch has a new podcast up at Sci-Fi-London's Reality Check website, featuring myself and actress Rachel Luttrell...

"As one era of Stargate on TV comes to a close and before the next begins, we're looking at the past of the franchise on DVD and CD. Guest interviewer Liz George talks to actress Rachel Luttrell about her experiences on Stargate: Atlantis and Alex Fitch talks to author James Swallow about his Stargate: SG-1 and Atlantis talking books."

Alex talks to me from around the 16:00 minute mark about Big Finish's Stargate audios and my work writing Shell Game, Zero Point and First Prime.

You can find the 'cast at any one of these URLs...
            http://panelborders.wordpress.com/20...g-the-stargate
            http://www.sci-fi-london.com/news/ar...argate-podcast
            http://podcasts.resonancefm.com/archives/2507

Out Now:
            Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
            Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
            "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
            Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by JMSwallow View Post
              Internet broadcast maven Alex Fitch has a new podcast up at Sci-Fi-London's Reality Check website, featuring myself and actress Rachel Luttrell...

"As one era of Stargate on TV comes to a close and before the next begins, we're looking at the past of the franchise on DVD and CD. Guest interviewer Liz George talks to actress Rachel Luttrell about her experiences on Stargate: Atlantis and Alex Fitch talks to author James Swallow about his Stargate: SG-1 and Atlantis talking books."

Alex talks to me from around the 16:00 minute mark about Big Finish's Stargate audios and my work writing Shell Game, Zero Point and First Prime.

You can find the 'cast at any one of these URLs...
              http://panelborders.wordpress.com/20...g-the-stargate
              http://www.sci-fi-london.com/news/ar...argate-podcast
              http://podcasts.resonancefm.com/archives/2507
              Heee! For those who don't know, Liz is a fellow GWer!
              sigpic

Comment

Just a brief question: The latest novels I own are "Hydra" and "Angelus". When I check Amazon, the information about upcoming ones seems to have changed a bit from the last time I checked, and my current information is:
                2009, Nov 30th: SGA "Dead End"
                2010, April 15th: SGA "Hunt and Run"
                2010, Oct 31st: SG-1 "Valhalla"
                2010, Dec 31st: SGA "Brimstone"

I this correct, am I missing something, and are there any other novels in the works that aren't listed on Amazon yet? I remember earlier this year when I bought the books I have now, that there were other titles, among others the first book in something called "the Iblis Trilogy". I've tried to backtrack a bit in this thread, but keep getting confused..!

So far, I've read some of your early SG-1 novels, and I have to say that I appreciate very much what you're doing, continuing two cancelled ( except for possible movies ) series and giving us more of the characters and stories we miss, written with an obvious familiarity and love.

For the sake of encouraging you to continue writing your excellent novels, but also to show TPTB that there is still interest in the "old" parts of the franchise, I'm going to keep buying any new ( or re-printed, as I'm not about to spend 60 pounds on a book! ) SG-1 and SGA novels you publish.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinah View Post
                  Just a brief question: The latest novels I own are "Hydra" and "Angelus". When I check Amazon, the information about upcoming ones seems to have changed a bit from the last time I checked, and my current information is:
                  2009, Nov 30th: SGA "Dead End"
                  2010, April 15th: SGA "Hunt and Run"
                  2010, Oct 31st: SG-1 "Valhalla"
                  2010, Dec 31st: SGA "Brimstone"

I this correct, am I missing something, and are there any other novels in the works that aren't listed on Amazon yet? I remember earlier this year when I bought the books I have now, that there were other titles, among others the first book in something called "the Iblis Trilogy". I've tried to backtrack a bit in this thread, but keep getting confused..!

So far, I've read some of your early SG-1 novels, and I have to say that I appreciate very much what you're doing, continuing two cancelled ( except for possible movies ) series and giving us more of the characters and stories we miss, written with an obvious familiarity and love.

For the sake of encouraging you to continue writing your excellent novels, but also to show TPTB that there is still interest in the "old" parts of the franchise, I'm going to keep buying any new ( or re-printed, as I'm not about to spend 60 pounds on a book! ) SG-1 and SGA novels you publish.
                  Quoting myself...

Originally posted by Jaymach View Post
                  Yeah, that's Stargate Atlantis: Brimstone, which appeared on Amazon a few months back.

Other upcoming books include;

Stargate Atlantis: Dead End, written by Chris Wraight, which has a cover but I've been unable to find out any actual information on it.

Stargate Atlantis: The Internal Darkness, written by Kevin Hosey, which has a temporary cover (I hope) and only a little bit of information about the story.

Stargate Atlantis: Portals of Discovery, written by Terri Osborne, which is apparently going to be based on Elizabeth Weir's memoirs.

Stargate Atlantis: Hunt and Run, written by Aaron Rosenberg, which is apparently going to give us an insight into Ronon's past as a runner.

Stargate SG-1: Valhalla, written by Tim Waggoner, which is going to be based on Nordic mythology. I'm hoping for something Asgard-related personally, but no work on that yet.

Stargate SG-1: The Power Behind the Throne, written by Steven Savile, which is the first part of The Iblis Trilogy but will also be a stand-alone novel, featuring a creature called Mujina as well as the Tok'ra.

Stargate SG-1: Shapeshifter, also written by Steven Savile, which is the second part of The Iblis Trilogy of which no information has been revealed as of yet.

Stargate SG-1: Trickster, again written by Steven Savile, which will be the final volume of The Iblis Trilogy and again of which no information has been revealed.

Stargate SG-1: Shadows of the Heart, written by Richard C. White, which hasn't had any information revealed as of yet and is the reason that Savile's first novel was renamed from being titled simply Shadows.

And finally...Stargate SG-1: Consequences, written by Karen Miller, which again hasn't had any information revealed...I don't understand how she finds the time to write as many books as she does though so no idea when this one is being released.

There are also a couple of other untitled novels which we only know the authors for; Doctor Who writers Steve Lockley and Paul Lewis are apparently writing an SG-1 novel together, and another is being written by Diana Botsford. Wish I had more information on these but...it doesn't exist yet.

Comment

Well, I have "Valhalla" on pre-order from Amazon. When I preordered in June the release date was July. Later this changend to November 2009 I believe.

Imagine my surprise when I got a mail from them yesterday, telling that the date would be something between July 24th 2009 - August 11th 2009. But I only believe it when I hold it in my hands!

I think Steven Saville said something like May 2010 for "The Power behind the Throne".
                    Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Originally posted by Jaymach View Post
                      Quoting myself...
                      Thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for! Going to copy it into my word document of "things do look out for"!

Am also going to keep an eye on this thread in the future!

Comment

I'm curious, in Mirror Mirror I could not help but think, "What if in the future of one of these other Atlantis' they came against a enemy they couldn't defeat?" first thought that came to my mind was Skynet (because before getting the book from the library i had seen Terminator Salvation) And got to thinking of how Rodney would react to such a program blowing humans up and such.

Then some humor got in there and in my minds eye I could see it happening liek it was on TV, Rodney panicing, John saying he'd rather face the Replicators, Rodney perfering dying at Todd's hands, etc. It got crazy i guess.

But now i wonder, have you as professonal writers, ever thought of a story like that? Or similar to it?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Any updates or developments from our authors?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                            Any updates or developments from our authors?
                            Couple of things;

I've written a novelisation of the Stargate Universe pilot "Air".

Jo Graham has announced she's writing a Stargate Atlantis novel called "Death Game".

Out Now:
                            Twitter

Comment

Ooooohhhh! By Air, do you mean the entire 3 parter or just the first 2? And is this under Fandy's license?

Death Game will be my first book in a shared universe, a licensed Stargate Atlantis novel that will be released in the US and UK in July! As a fan, I'm delighted to write the iconic characters and to delve a little more deeply into this universe. I hope it will appeal both to people who like my books, and to Stargate Atlantis fans!

Unsurprisingly, the story is centering around Teyla Emmagen and John Sheppard, though if you've read my Dion you won't be surprised that Radek Zelenka seems to be doing his best to steal the show! I'll post more about it as we get closer to time -- and I hope you enjoy it as much as I am enjoying writing it!
                              http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/

EDIT: Nevermind, my questions have been answered:

Ink has dried on contracts, flags have been waved, chevrons locked and deeds done.

Thus, I can now reveal that I'm writing the novelization of Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper's "Air", the three-part pilot episode of the new television series Stargate Universe, for the good people over at Fandemonium Books. I'd say more, but I've been threatened with exile to Abydos.
                              I have to say I'm very excited. It defo means we've got the SGU license. Did you write it via script adapation? Have you actually got to watch the show as well? Oh and do we have a release date?
                              Last edited by Elite Anubis Guard; 10 September 2009, 04:14 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

I can't wait for some of these to be released. It feels like it's been forever since Angelus came out, and with so many on tap, I'm surprised they aren't coming out quicker!

That said, I look forward to any of the new books!

Comment

Working...
                                X