No announcement yet.

Asgard Tech vs. Ancient Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But the Asgard are the same way. There are things that the Asgard are not willing to do for survival. They sacrificed their entire race just because they don't want to experiment on humans.

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    a single village could be turned to a wraith fleet...
    How? When have the Wraith ever shown that capability?

The Replicators don't even need humans, they could turn raw material into more Replicators. They could turn entire planets into Replicators.
    Last edited by Giantevilhead; 09 November 2008, 09:03 PM.

Comment

the seed

Comment

the seed
        How many villages in Pegasus have ZPM's and naquadah generators?

Comment

look. the hive used it to speed up development. under normal conditions, chemical energy would be used. takes longer, yes, but one planet out of millions......

Comment

And it would not be comparable to the speed at which Replicators are able to increase their numbers.

Comment

but they would still be able to reproduce fast

Comment

The Wraith could have been biding their time waiting for the Hives to grow in the early stages of the war. At some point the Hives were ready and the number of Wraith ships sky rocketed.
                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

even the story contradicts this.

point is, i think the first post is bad, its more like:

now the difference is clear.

see the Ancients [refer MW ancients to as ancients] as the roman empire.
                  see the Lanteans as end of the Dark Age /enlightment.

there mustve been a huge loss of knowledge and expertice after the plague. so the lanteans had all basics , + a ton of scientists. barely any millitary, and other guys. the Cityships were still from MW, as the ancients probably moved onto the next architectural design. the Lanteans continued this.

now i 100% dare to say this, and fully believe in it:

Asgard>Lanteans
                  Ancients ? Asgard.

the latter doesnt have +, < or >. why? simply because we dont know enough. there's no way of knowing what ships they had, ETC. we dont know enough. leave merlin out of this. he was a frikking ascend. Avalon: no clue. i personally think merlin upgraded it a bit, after it was made by the ancients themselves.

an aurora seems to be rather weak. if it needs a ZPM to do proper damage...
                  I don't really understand how you draw the conclusion that the Alterans were more advanced than the Lanteans. The Alterans developed less technology, under less pressure. How many Alteran technologies are there as opposed to Lantean? From what we know, the Alterans didn't have a military either, or warships. Merlin's tech was his own. And what makes you think an Aurora is weak. You can't base your assumptions on anything seen in the show, as all the ships have been damaged or the weaker Asuran vessels. Auroras should logically be capable of firing at least hundreds of drones, which normally would be more than enough to take out a standard fleet of ships, if utilized properly. And the Ancients only experienced a reset in regard to rebuilding their civilization. They probably had a good bit of time to gather all of their knowledge. If you notice, they did retain much of the MW tech, including drones, ZPMs, stargates, cityships... In fact, the Lanteans were more developed than the Alterans. remember, the Lanteans lost a good bit of technology during the war with the Wraith, so there could have been other technologies developed.
                  Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                  encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                  3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                  4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                  5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

In ways, the ancients were less advanced than the ancients (Example: Asgard holographic technology is far superior to ancients) Plus, maybe the ancients had a head start, the race did, after all, excercise dominance in 3 different galaxies.

Comment

Originally posted by britboi88 View Post
                      In ways, the ancients were less advanced than the ancients (Example: Asgard holographic technology is far superior to ancients) Plus, maybe the ancients had a head start, the race did, after all, excercise dominance in 3 different galaxies.
                      What in the Vermillion Hells do you mean?
                      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

ancients less advanced than the asgard.

i think that the Ancients have more "civil" technology while the asgard developed primarily military technology (at least, during the repliwar). either way, after many debates i'm pretty sure they can't be compared.

although, given the extreme userfriendlyness of the ancients, asgard tech probably wins. ancient tech was so convenient that the wraith had no trouble using it against them

Comment

ancients less advanced than the asgard.

i think that the Ancients have more "civil" technology while the asgard developed primarily military technology (at least, during the repliwar). either way, after many debates i'm pretty sure they can't be compared.

although, given the extreme userfriendlyness of the ancients, asgard tech probably wins. ancient tech was so convenient that the wraith had no trouble using it against them
                          And the fact that the Asgard were able to build on some Ancient technology. But some stuff is still more advanced than the Asgard's tech, me thinks. Wormhole drive, ZPMs, etc.
                          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Well I dunno if it has been mentioned, but Thor said in one episode when O'Neill had the repository in his head the second time that the asgard had been studying the repository for a very long time and had bearly scratched the surface of what it contains. So while the asgard are an advanced race, I wouldn't put them up their with the ancients, perhaps in the past 10,000 years they have had made some considerable advances, some of that could be down to studying ancient tech and finding new applications of it or something.
                            I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

The Ancient Repository in O'Neill's head was a lot more user friendly. If the Asgard only had access to an Ancient headsucker, it would probably take them thousands of years just to decrypt and decode the thing. Heck, there are already encryption systems that are practically unbreakable. Imagine trying to break the encryption system of a computer that has a completely different kind of configuration and even after the encryption has been broken, the code is written in a way to imprint knowledge into the minds of a specific species in a different language rather than display the information like a normal computer. In order to use the knowledge, they would need to create a perfect translation to ensure that there are no errors. Not to mention the fact that they would have to wade through "less useful" information like history, art, philosophy, music, etc., to get to the science and engineering stuff.

Comment

Yeah I agree that the ancients probably had a lot of useless tech.. otherwise why need ancienty-Oniell to help against the replicators at all? Can recall knowledge in like.. a second. If you had it all written down on paper and scattered about a room, you're in for a much bigger challenge.

Comment

Working...
                                X