Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What personal weapons did the Ancients have? (poss spoilers, Atlantis)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Supreme Thor
    I think the Ancients putting the satellite up for the war is more plausible than putting up a satellite when they first arrived. In "Rising," they described their age being one of prosperity. Then later the Wraith came in for the galaxy. I think that when they realized that the Wraith were a threat, they built the satellites to protect Atlantis.
    I think that's most likely. Given the proximity to atlantis, it seems that they're there for the purposes as a last attempt to destroy any hostiles with minimal casualties (assuming they're automatic when fully functioning) before advancing to atlantis for the last stand, as such.

As for the anicents more likely to use blue, the defence drones (on PJ and activated from the chairs) glow yellow when they're fired and if my memory serves me right, didn't the satellite fire yellow as well?

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

I thought it was green...

I AM SUPREME COMMANDER THOR

Comment

First the timeline can't be fully known until they explain it in the show, but points could be argued for either oppinion. The ancients also could have built it when they learned that the wraith had interstellar travel.

As for the colour thing, I don't know if the ancients used blue more, have you ever looked at a person and assigned a colour to them or something like that, or think of a colour when you see a person. When I see the ancients, they seem blue, and when I see the Goa'uld they seem yellow, and red. There is no logical basis for what I said, I was just thinking of possible things that could have to do with the topic, the colour of the energy released from the weapon probably has no significance to the race who built it.

Owen Macri

Comment

Really? I think of the Goa'uld as yellow and grey....

Comment

Actually no now that I think of it I don't really think of them as red, I think of the asgard as a grey, but now they also seem blue.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
              Actually no now that I think of it I don't really think of them as red, I think of the asgard as a grey, but now they also seem blue.

Owen Macri
              yeah, i associate colours with people or races as well!! i agree, the asgard are a blue. the goa'uld are definately a yellow. the ancients, they're a lot more dificult i think. either a blue like the asgard or maybe a green. (they remind me of the forerunner from halo and their immitations of natural beauty!!!!!!)

Comment

I agree the ancients are a hard race to place.

Owen Macri

Comment

I'm leaning more towards green for the ancients

Comment

I don't know, they don't really seem green to me, the Warith seem more green. But it is really a matter of personal oppinion. For example, to me my dad seems like a green kind of guy, however he likes blue.

Owen Macri

Comment

No, I would have to disagree with that one. The Wraith are sort of like the Asgard (not literally). When I think of Wraith, I think of blue and grey.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                        I wouldn't call it an Ancient hand-weapon. O'Neill designed it with knowledge from the Ancients. Calling that an Ancient hand-weapon would be like calling a TV a weapon. A TV:s electron cannon could easily be turned into a weapon if one boosted the power input a few million times Basicly It'd become a more powerful particle accelerator
                        Or if you bash it over some ones head.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFox
                          Or if you bash it over some ones head.
                          That would work.

Comment

Really? That is interesting, I don't think of them anything like that. But it is your oppinion, it can't really have an answer.

Owen Macri

Comment

"That's just how I feel about it...what do you think?" (Window of Opportunity, funniest episode of all time)

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Thor
                                No, I would have to disagree with that one. The Wraith are sort of like the Asgard (not literally). When I think of Wraith, I think of blue and grey.
                                I'd say the wraith were a grey as well. I was thinking about it earlier (there really is nothing else to do at school! ) and i still couldn't think of one for the ancients. it's really beginning to bug me!

Comment

Working...
                                X