Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What personal weapons did the Ancients have? (poss spoilers, Atlantis)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya they will probably bring in new tech in season two.

Owen Macri

Comment

I havn't seen many Ancient personal items sitting around Atlantis, and I think that they're at the same place as the personal weapons. As for the stungun, I think its pretty nifty...
      JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
      VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
      MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
      LANDRY
      : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
      Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
      Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
      Mmm... Green...

Comment

There was the personal shield but that' s about it..

Owen Macri

Comment

I'd say that the Zat's could be of a ancient handweapon htat have been goa'uld redisigned...
          Daniel: I don't think I've said this to anyone else, but for the first time I'm scared...
          O'Niell: I'm hungry
          Daniel: Me too

Comment

No, I think the Zats were completely the Goa'uld. I would have to agree with Owen. I think the Ancients would have built some kind of weapon that could both kill and stun, or just two different weapons. Not gonna get into the Star Trek stuff...

I AM SUPREME COMMANDER THOR

Comment

It is also possible that when the Wraith became a threat a weapon was created specifically designed to kill the Wraith, then we would have an advantage.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                It is also possible that when the Wraith became a threat a weapon was created specifically designed to kill the Wraith, then we would have an advantage.

Owen Macri

You mean something like the satellites?

Comment

I'm sorry, to which satelites are you refering?

Owen Macri

Comment

^^
                    the defence satalites in the Atlantis system.

Originally posted by Owen Macri

Owen Macri
                    Aww... That'd be no fun! And I think that the Zat might be at least partly Ancient, because when O'neill was Ancitized in Lost city, he seemed like he knew what he was doing with that zat. The Goa'uld do steal tech.
                    JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                    VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                    MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                    LANDRY
                    : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                    Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                    Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                    Mmm... Green...

Comment

You're right it would be no fun, but maybe at the end they could bring in a weapon like that. It is very possible that the ancients created the Zat, however I think they would have only created the underlaying technology in the zat, the Goa'ulds, perhaps used a combination of there technology to finish it of.

Owen Macri

Comment

The question you really have to ask is: which one started with naquadah? I think it could be Ancients, and so they would've had to have built the Zats.

But that would be really screwy...that would mean that nothing the Goa'uld "owned" was really theirs...

Comment

Not necesarily, the Goa'uld could have also stolen the idea of creating things with naquadah. Also, the ancient staff weapons all shoot yellow beams of energy, the Zats shoot blue, the Ancients seem more like they would have used the color blue. There is a good possibility that the Ancients created the Zat, and the Goa'uld just renamed it.

Owen Macri

Comment

Or it could just be the color of electricity...lol, but that's just me being stupid.

I guess we can't really much say what the Ancients built originally weaponwise. We know they built satellites for the war, and the puddlejumpers, but nothing really like the wraith stun guns. I just hope the writers can somehow incorporate personal weapons into the Ancients' database.

Comment

I think it will be very likely.

Those were the satelites that you were talking about, the weapons platform that they found in "The Defiant One?" If that is the satelite that you were talking about then the answer to your previous question is, yes similar to the satalites, the only problem is, we don't know it the weapons platform was built soley for the war, or if they put it in place when they arrived in Pegasus.

Owen Macri

Comment

I think the Ancients putting the satellite up for the war is more plausible than putting up a satellite when they first arrived. In "Rising," they described their age being one of prosperity. Then later the Wraith came in for the galaxy. I think that when they realized that the Wraith were a threat, they built the satellites to protect Atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                                X