Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What personal weapons did the Ancients have? (poss spoilers, Atlantis)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pazuzu
    here's an ideea: why use personal weapons in Atlantis if they had the iris(shield) for the gate and the big shield for the whole city? Atlantis was pretty safe from the wraith with those things activated.
    On the battlefront they had personal weapons(see above)
    well dont u think that is a bit stupid for the alterans???i mean thay will have prepared for a wraith invasion of the city its called sense you know the common kind..well the alterans were loosing the war i thing they wuld of at least prepared for invasion...
    tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
    yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
    Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

I totaly agree with the idea that having personal weapons is something of common sense when you are facing an invasion and maybe even total anihilation, but the Alterans weren't preparing for that. They were preparing to leave. They tried one last time to negotiate with the wraith and after that they've put the city under the sea, and simply left the galaxy.
      Apparently they were not the kind of guys that say: we'll fight to the death. If they were so sure that the wraith won't find a way inside the city, I don't think they considered personal weapons as a solution for saving Atlantis in some final battle or something like that.They just left PG and Atlantis

Comment

Spoiler:
        Well in Aurora, sheppard is hit by one, and points one at the wraith women. And strangly the wraith hand gun stunner in the seige part 3, looks like the ancient hand held stunner.

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Originally posted by Pazuzu
          I totaly agree with the idea that having personal weapons is something of common sense when you are facing an invasion and maybe even total anihilation, but the Alterans weren't preparing for that. They were preparing to leave. They tried one last time to negotiate with the wraith and after that they've put the city under the sea, and simply left the galaxy.
          Apparently they were not the kind of guys that say: we'll fight to the death. If they were so sure that the wraith won't find a way inside the city, I don't think they considered personal weapons as a solution for saving Atlantis in some final battle or something like that.They just left PG and Atlantis
          the alterans never tried to nagotiate with the wraith even if they had do u really think the wraith wuld of listened???i think not and the alterans fought untill they couldnt do anymore they didnt fight for themselves but for the lives of the ppl in peg which they themselves had seeded there so it was indirectly their fault if u noticed the only reason they left was because they culdnt help cause there were only a handfull left...details later i will have to watch the epp again

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

the reason the alterans were so little in numbers is as follows:
            1:the plauge killed the majority of them
            2: pretty much all the others had ascended
            3:well there is the whole wraith eating them thing
            4:when the alterans in the rest of peg tried to return to the safety of atlantis in transport ships the wraith blockade killed them we know this from before i sleep now iff u consider the alterans were on every world in peg(a few thousand id say) and all of them tried to get bk to atlantis...well that = alot of dead alterans.
            and for all u ppl who will say why didnt the alterans gate to atlantis well rebember what wuld happen if they did??the wraith wuld have been constantly dialing atlantis preventing another freindly wormhole from being established...i think it was a mirracle that the last alterans escaped atlantis that is probably why there were so few drones in atlantis they probably debloyed the last of them to the planet the wraith were dialing atlantis from and killed all wraith present giving them a long enough break so as to escape and submerge atlantis...

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Ra, I'm not arguing the reason they left, I'm just saying that they did (leave).
              That has nothing to do with the point made in the post. I just meant to say that they weren't preparing for a battle over Atlantis. If they were, I would not have sad that they wouldn't need those weapons. Atlantis was theyr final outpost and they just left it. No need to fight over it.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee View Post

Did the Ancients not have personal weapons and rely on their big stuff? Have the team just not found the armoury? Or did the Ancients take all their small arms with them when they left? And what sort of weapons would they be? Projectile or some sort of beam weaponry? What would power them?
                considering how advanced the Ancients are with their ability to make plasma-based weapons, I highly doubt they'd have still made and used projectile weapons by the Lantean era

Originally posted by Vetesn View Post
                They probably don't have any hand weapons or ground vehicles for that matter. If they did it would probably be something small and worthless like the Tollan guns. Earth is apparently unique in the universe for having the brains to apply technology.

This whole concept of not maintaining an army because you have a fleet is so stupid. What happens if your fleet is somewhere else? driven off? or destroyed? Why do shows like Stargate and Star Trek do that?
                the Hebridians have large plasma-pulse ergonomic handguns and rifles

and also what happens when Wraith succeed in boarding your ship or ships? can't exactly be best tactic to shoot inside the ship[ using the ship's drones

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks View Post
                i'd think that they'd have some kind of merciful weapon, like a vaporizer, and you don;t even feel it when you get vaporized. i also thought that they should also have weapons similar to the force lances on Andromeda. i dont know why.
                a keen thought-that may be

The ancients had their shields and forcefields, which apparently allowed them to get around without needing personal weapons. Afterall, what good is a personal weapon if your enemy can't harm you?[/QUOTE]
                what's the difference between ur stated shields and forcefields
                anda shield won't protect u indefinitely against an enemy planning to keep shooting ur shield until it collapses

Originally posted by _Owen_ View Post
                That is true there is the possibility that we just havn't foung the weapons yet. Speaking of the sea I think that there must be something important in there, other than atlantis. according to what we know of the ancient language, the first line of the steps on atlantis say "We hold the seas, The truth" The part that said truth is what made me think, they hold the seas and the truth, the two must have something to do with eachother, otherwise why would they be the first thing that incoming visitors see when they enter atlantis through the Stargate.

shrewd observing and translating; thanks for sharing!

Owen Macri
                Originally posted by _Owen_ View Post
                Well at first I thought that they were just being there usual dramatic mystical self, but then I thought about it and something didn't seem right.
                what didn't seem right?

Owen Macri

Owen Macri[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
                yeah, i associate colours with people or races as well!! i agree, the asgard are a blue. the goa'uld are definately a yellow. the ancients, they're a lot more dificult i think. either a blue like the asgard or maybe a green. (they remind me of the forerunner from halo and their immitations of natural beauty!!!!!!)
                I could see the ancients as golden-yellow from a lot of that colored energy their tech releases.
                what natural beauty were they imitating?

They were not like us at all. The series has pointed this fact out time and time again, and yet people don't pay attention so it flies right over their heads.
                The ancients are more advanced than us. Not just technologically, and not just biologically, but culturally and morally as well.
                The ancients are only like humans in appearance. Otherwise, they're completely alien to us in every which way you can imagine.

morally perhaps not-we as viewers can debate Ancient morality vs Human morality

Bah, personal weapons... They had personal shields. If you have a personal shield on, no weapon can harm you right? A good defense is the best offense.[/QUOTE]
                they wouldn't need offense if that be the case
                also we can't assume their shields will simply sustain after the enemy assaults it infintely

If a goa'uld took an ancient as host it would probably take a lot more than just the knowledge to make a zat. if that particular ancient had enough knowledge to create a weapon similar to a zat it would have much more useful and powerful information. i think that it the zat must've been a purely goa'uld weapon (as said above) in the way that it was created perhaps using the knowledge of another race or from "studying from others research." and we know they do that for sure, given anubis' scientist in "homecoming".[/QUOTE]
                I wonder if a Go'auld can possess an Ancient; perhaps the Ancient immune system would kill immediately kill off a foreign invading organism Go'auld who tried

Originally posted by Varien View Post
                A question; why are the railgun turrents on atlantis blue and the daedalus ones yellow? i personally think blue railguns look cooler and make it easier to indentify that they are railguns instead of what the yellow they look like, which is pathetic little machine guns.
                perhaps the smaller Atlantis railguns shoot plasma bursts

[QUOTE=Zekk;4529563]They(Alterrans) also had
                pyrokinesis(To creat Fire)
                QUOTE]
                really? I don't think either show ever even hinted the Ancients had pyrokinetic abilities.

[QUOTE=RA the sun god;4759105]the alterans never tried to nagotiate with the wraith even if they had do u really think the wraith wuld of listened???
                yes they did; in Before I Sleep the Atlantis indoor personnel and Liz Weir saw their ambassadory delegation sent to attempt negotiating getting destrpyed by Wraith battleships
                If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

in aurora the ancients had a phaser-like weapon
                  that's probably already been stated

Comment

Originally posted by Vetesn View Post
                    I hope they show more flashbacks of the war during season 2. It's unthinkable that the Ancients could fight for 100 years without so much as a handgun to their name.
                    They don't need weaponry, they have powers, they can summon lightning with a wave of their hand, telekinetically throw someone away with high force. The only 'weapon' would be something to amplify their abilities like the Ori staffs.
                    Last edited by Alterus; 14 February 2015, 01:39 PM.

Comment

We saw a stun gun like weapon in Aurora and they had the mini drones.

Comment

Working...
                      X