Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What personal weapons did the Ancients have? (poss spoilers, Atlantis)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vetesn
    I hope they show more flashbacks of the war during season 2. It's unthinkable that the Ancients could fight for 100 years without so much as a handgun to their name.
    LOL. Yeah, I think they should (even though I missed Before I Sleep ). I think more needs to be explained with the war against the Wraith (along with maybe a possible way of taking them out WITHOUT THEM COMING BACK)

I AM SUPREME COMMANDER THOR

Comment

Maybe SGA found weapons but don't really know what they're for and using them as paper weights... They probably didn't need lasers anymore and used the frequency device to just disassociate a person's molecules... well maybe they used a laser to aim it... Anyway, Atlantis seeded the galaxy there... They probably didn't feel threatened or needed weapons being explorers and scientists. The good stuff has to be probably in the MW, but they've either been lost or found and exploited already. Or they had mind powers which would serve as weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by SG Zero
        Maybe SGA found weapons but don't really know what they're for and using them as paper weights... They probably didn't need lasers anymore and used the frequency device to just disassociate a person's molecules... well maybe they used a laser to aim it... Anyway, Atlantis seeded the galaxy there... They probably didn't feel threatened or needed weapons being explorers and scientists. The good stuff has to be probably in the MW, but they've either been lost or found and exploited already. Or they had mind powers which would serve as weapons.
        Mind Powers.....that's a little over the edge, but it would sort of work. The people with the Ancient gene use Ancient tech by using instincts, their mind, etc. I guess that would be cool if the Ancients had telekinetic powers.

Can you imagine O'Neill having Telekinetic Powers??? LOL

I AM SUPREME COMMANDER THOR

Comment

I started a thread similar to this one, I also believe that the ancients must have had some kind of personal weapons, they had armories. There was definetly a use for them, so where are they?

Owen Macri

Comment

In the ocean we found a city down there who knows what else is down there.

Comment

That is true there is the possibility that we just havn't foung the weapons yet. Speaking of the sea I think that there must be something important in there, other than atlantis. according to what we know of the ancient language, the first line of the steps on atlantis say "We hold the seas, The truth" The part that said truth is what made me think, they hold the seas and the truth, the two must have something to do with eachother, otherwise why would they be the first thing that incoming visitors see when they enter atlantis through the Stargate.

Owen Macri

Comment

I have not thought of that before.

Comment

Well at first I thought that they were just being there usual dramatic mystical self, but then I thought about it and something didn't seem right.

Owen Macri

Comment

I wonder what the weapon would look like and if it would stun or kill or do both

Comment

I believe that it would do both, the ancients as wise as they were would realise that they would indeed need a weapon that kills but it would also be negligent to not put a stun feature on as well as it would be needed in certain situations as well.

Owen Macri

Comment

But why havnt we found any

Comment

Maybe the entire Atlantis team is blind and we don't know it. I'm joking, in reality the team should have found some weapons at this point.

Owen Macri

Comment

Maybe when they have some more money on the budget they will find some.

Comment

Probably or when the storyline calls for it, I don't think it is so much of a budget reason.

Owen Macri

Comment

well the wraith stunner is getting old

Comment

Working...
                                X