sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

starts crying silently

"Bring it back!"
      "Wøøf!"

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        So Gatecon is happening in Vancouver right now.

Anyone knows how many are attending it? And how many may like to trek to Bridge Studios for a little...event?
        I shot off a message to the people I know in Vancouver. They don't have internet access and I think being blindsided by this at the con would be bad. I wouldn't be surprised if some kind of protest happened.

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

SyFy: 'Stargate: Atlantis' Canceled, Will Gate Into Movies
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I had to go out of my usual lurking to post something...

I have truly enjoyed Stargate Atlantis. Season 4 and what we've seen of season 5 so far have been excellent imo.

While I'm sad to see it go after 5 seasons, it will live on in syndication and DVD movies so the production team has more time so focus on SGU.

Too bad all the cast members have to lose their jobs for it to happen...

Sad day indeed

-GHK

Comment

so basically the article is saying oh yea its attracted a lot more viewers....but we're still cancelling it. makes a lot of sense
              There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

I am sad that SGA is getting the axe, but excited about the SGA movie; as well as holding tennantive hopes for SG: Universe. *fingers crossed*

I just wish they wouldn't axe the show when it was going so well or at the exspense of the acotrs, cast, crew, fans or the show.

Comment

It's spreading. More and more sites are picking this up.

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

*is just totally in shock*

Comment

This was pretty much expected ever since TPTB stated they wouldn't start Universe until Atlantis ended it's run.

I've been waiting for this announcement ever since.

Sucks though.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheus 1 View Post
                        so basically the article is saying oh yea its attracted a lot more viewers....but we're still cancelling it. makes a lot of sense
                        It's because MGM is pulling the plug not SCI FI.
                        sigpic

Comment

Joe Mallozzi confirmed it on his blog - Comment #47 on today's blog.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                          O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

My thoughts in order of when they occurred:

MGM were raving about SGU but said they wanted to wait till after atlantis.
                            MGM wanted to cancel Atlantis and were waiting for the right time

Stargate Universe has a dodgy (stupid for our american audience) premise.
                            Its like startrek voyager in reverse we're on a spaceship heading away from earth. We get to meet new aliens all the time and never really develop them beyond a couple of episodes because we're leaving their portion of space. Plus its set on an ancient space ship, thats so much cooler than an ancient flying city

Me I'll watch the Atlantis movie, I'll eagerly hope for more. Will I watch SGU, we'll probably not
                            sigpic

Comment

f***ers!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ncc-72452 View Post
                                Well, I suppose it's time to mobilize the Save Elizabeth Weir, Save Carson Beckett, and Save Aiden Ford campaigns under one giant Save Atlantis Campaign. We're gonna have to SAC them!!!
                                SAVE OUR TEAM!!!

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
                                Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

Working...
                                X