Multichannel News: Atlantis Ends Run on Sci Fi, Greenlighted for Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    Yeah, I would of rather have an 11th season of SG-1. Movies are just over with so quickly and they cram too much stuff in them.
    Exactly. I enjoy watching a story spin out and characters develop over a season. Movies are never as satisfying. The only one I ever thought did a good job of wrapping up a TV series was Farscape, but they did a miniseries. This is just no more than a double length episode slapped on to the end of the series. Not nearly enough IMO.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Multichannel is usually very reliable.

Oh, and you can bet your sweet ass JM is being made known of it.

Comment

I'm almost never speechless, but the wind's been taken completely out of my sails on this one. Only five episodes in!?
        Science fiction movies are weak just where the science fiction novels are strong - on science. But they can supply something the novels can never provide - sensuous elaboration by means of images and sounds. Science fiction films are not about science. They are about disaster.

The Imagination of Disaster, Susan Sontag

This sig is sponsored by Pegasus Fried Human - The Todd's Choice

Comment

NOOOOOOOOO!!

**sobz**
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
            Exactly. I enjoy watching a story spin out and characters develop over a season. Movies are never as satisfying. The only one I ever thought did a good job of wrapping up a TV series was Farscape, but they did a miniseries. This is just no more than a double length episode slapped on to the end of the series. Not nearly enough IMO.
            Well SCI FI likely wanted something. It's obvious they were not ready to get rid of this show. question is how long did Brad Wright know? He wants to make room for his new baby "SGU". What a load of crap.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DuncTK421 View Post
              How much credibility do we give this?
              Unfortunately it sounds pretty credible, MGM have been hyping their "brilliant!" idea for Stargate Voyager... whoops I mean Universe but they've being saying unfortunately have to wait till atlantis ends before making this load of cra... crackerjack product
              sigpic

Comment

I seriously don't know ...I really want to cry right now. I want hold my tears. I want to wait til more on this but...DAMN...Please let it be a dream...
                SPANKY

Comment

I saw the link from a comment on JMz's blog five minutes ago.

*jaw drops*

*two small tears*

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                  O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

This is insane!

The ratings are doing better than Season 4's, and it got renewed! I'm not sure that I'm going to believe this until I see it on Sci-Fi, MGM, or Joe's Blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      Well SCI FI likely wanted something. It's obvious they were not ready to get rid of this show. question is how long did Brad Wright know? He wants to make room for his new baby "SGU". What a load of crap.
                      I for one, will boycott SGU. Knee jerk? Maybe, but so what. This sucks.
                      sigpic

Comment

Do they realize how many people they are going to piss off. Sure they are saying in their offices, oh we will give them SGU. FU MGM, I want more SGA not SGU which doesn;t even look that interesting.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          Multichannel is usually very reliable.

Oh, and you can bet your sweet ass JM is being made known of it.
                          could Project Twilight be the tv movie?
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Wow. This is really distressing. I picked a great time to join the fandom.

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

Ok people. Brighten up. MGM, Scifi, TPTB HAVE NOT CONFIRMED IT!!! Its a fricking news agency. Wait til they officially annouce it before you start crying. Take it with a grain of salt cause for all we know they're f**king with us. I still have hope because this season has had high ratings. There's no reason to cancel now. Its retarded
                              There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                                could Project Twilight be the tv movie?
                                Probably. I've wondered for a while if that might not be it - their contingency plan if they didn't get renewed. Or maybe they knew all along....who knows.
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X