Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Son of a *****!

**** movies!

Let the show keep going damn it! This sucks so hard. We get no resolution to the series.

Where'd Ford end up?

Will the Wraith ever be beaten?

Will the Atlantis expedition ever look in the ZPM rooms closet to find the insane stockpile of the damned things?

The only upside I can find to this?

I don't have to wait five more years to get an SGA complete series Box set.
    Last edited by Phantom6; 20 August 2008, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      Well, I think it's best if we wait until we know exactly who's responsible. As much as it seems to be MGM, I want a solid source for this if we're going to do anything.

being rash could likely do more harm than good
      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Hey so unless someone goes "NOOOOOOOOOO!" They suddenly cannot speak their mind? I thought everyobe could voice what they thought. I guess not.

Comment

I don't care about Universe. I'm not loyal enough to the Stargate franchise to watch something just because it's Stargate. Yeah, the stargate's cool, but I always only watched for the characters. And Universe isn't going to have my Atlantis characters.

What I'm trying to say is - it's not Stargate I'm mourning here. Stargate will continue, but I couldn't care less. It's John, Rodney, Woolsey, Teyla, Ronon, Jennifer, Radek, Lorne..... all these that I'm mourning now. A two-hour movie every year or so (if we get more than one, and I'll be highly surprised if we do) just isn't the same.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrax1 View Post
            I hate Sci Fi......This is so lame. They better purchase the third tv series.
            the third series will probaby be made on SGA's grave, so to speak. SGU will be cheaper because they'll start with total unknown actors.

while i hate this whole mess, i feel very sorry for the actors, who are now on the unemployment line (or will be in about 1.5 months).

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
              No apologies needed. Many of us feel the same way.
              exaclty...my friend told me and I thought she was just playing a sick joke....then she sent me the link...and my world just kinda shattered...

Comment

Originally posted by bobisphere View Post
                For those who say that SGA and SGU can't be done simultaneously because 40 episodes is too much of a strain (it's already tough dealing with 20 episodes per series per season instead of the 24-26 that Star Trek always had), I have a wild, incredibly brilliant idea:

Have different people do the different shows!

Unless there's pride or ego involved among TPTB. Don't want to share. Would rather see someting die than live on under someone else's control?
                It's a question of 1. finding someone who has enough experience and skill to take on such a massive responsibility and 2. find someone with said skill who actually wants to do it.

If that issue was even a major factor in cancellation, which I'm inclined to doubt.
                Science fiction movies are weak just where the science fiction novels are strong - on science. But they can supply something the novels can never provide - sensuous elaboration by means of images and sounds. Science fiction films are not about science. They are about disaster.

The Imagination of Disaster, Susan Sontag

This sig is sponsored by Pegasus Fried Human - The Todd's Choice

Comment

Ok a few things I want to say here.

First we don't know it was MGM we don't know it was Sci-Fi we only know that Atlantis was canceled.

Second of all it was it's time. The writing for the show has been in a steady decline for some time now, and the SG-1 finale jsut made Atlantis too difficult a show to watch. There's no sense of urgency now, least of all if there are Earth ships about.

It's sad that it's ending but i'd rather it end now then try and put out another season of substandard episodes. At least now the show can end when it still has some element of entertainment left in it. Even this season they've been having a hard time with stories, every potential big story they nip in the butt before the episodes finished. I don't want to watch a show like that.

To me it just doesn't feel like stargate anymore, and I really don't have any urge to watch it and I haven't for some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
                    No apologies needed. Many of us feel the same way.
                    I just... I need my atlantis... It's my favorite t.v show.. I need it to end well...

Comment

So, where are we sending the peanuts?

On the plus side, I now will be able to cancel my cable and save some money.

Comment

*sits in the corner and sulks* Me angry. And sad.
                        sigpic

Comment

Am I not remembering this correctly?

Didn't this happen to SG1 at the end of Season5 they got the boot from Showtime & SciFi picked them up?

Don't suppose we could have a repeat?

I mean, I know the circumstances are different, but it's an odd coincidence (unless I'm mixing up the season it moved)

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post

being rash could likely do more harm than good
                            More harm than good? They already canceled our show! What else could they do? Substitute our show with one having a mediocre premise?

Comment

It kinda makes sense from a studio perspective, this way they get all the financial profit. Ill take it as a sign of the phasing out of the weekly tv show format in the 21st century. We want it when we want it. On the plus side it puts the control completely on the network who clearly wants more product.

Ill miss seeing a new story every week, but if were getting 2 sg1 movies and 2 sga a year itll be one every 3 months if evenly spaced with a huge budget and longer story.

The live + ratings clearly show the demand for the show, just that we arent sitting down at the prescribed airing time/date to see it. Maybe this is mgm taking the first big step into the internet entertainment age? will history see it as antenna>cable>ondemand? I think this will be a good thing long term, although im sad right now. And i humbly suggest they have the sga movie and another sg1 movie out, with the sga2nd movie in production before airing universe. Time will soothe our nerdrage and make us receptive to a new show along with trimonthly installments of our current favorites.

Comment

Ugh!!!!!!!! What to say.....^@^
                                Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Working...
                                X