X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
    Family Guy BEFORE Atlantis! Blasphemy!
    I'm just picking FG over SGA because the FG DVD has more to offer than the SGA DVD. Like unbleeped swear words and probably scenes that were cut out/modified of the FOX airing, that stayed in the Adult Swim airing. I plan on buying the SGA DVD, sometime before 2007 is out.
    sigpic

Comment

And Beckett and Mckay don't apper on the slim pack covers! Again!
      Beckett's on the region 1 slim packs, at least I think it's him. There's only half a head on the spine of the vol. 1 case (I think that's the right one) that looks like him.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Murcielago View Post
        Beckett's on the region 1 slim packs, at least I think it's him. There's only half a head on the spine of the vol. 1 case (I think that's the right one) that looks like him.
        The spine photo doesn't count!

Comment

i can't believe they printed that ugly butt cover, ( oh yeah i bought it) if you guys offer to print and re-do one is on the table i am totally taking it you could post it her i and i'll totally print it out , thanks so much for replying to this thread i am very grateful maybe they can change it in the night like a christmas miracle ( if only) !!!!
          sigpic
          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by SpyDude View Post
            Horrible artwork, hopefully R2 gets a better one. R2 covers are almost always different.
            Who it R2 ?
            sigpic
            May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
              Who it R2 ?
              .....D2.

R2 stands for "Region 2"- for DVDs, the U.S. and Canada are "Region 1", "Region 2" is the U.K. and part of Europe. It's all to do with encoding on DVD players and what discs are encoded to work where, or something along those lines. The sets in Region 2 tend to have different covers than Region 1, and sometimes different/more/fewer bonus features, etc.

Comment

All I can say is UGH! What the hell were they thinking????

Comment

.....D2.

R2 stands for "Region 2"- for DVDs, the U.S. and Canada are "Region 1", "Region 2" is the U.K. and part of Europe. It's all to do with encoding on DVD players and what discs are encoded to work where, or something along those lines. The sets in Region 2 tend to have different covers than Region 1, and sometimes different/more/fewer bonus features, etc.
                  so does this have to do with DVD players from different countries ? , like i couldn't buy a DVD from Europe because, but if i bought a DVD player from Europe then i could get a play dvd from there , thank you see you later then
                  sigpic

Comment

so does this have to do with DVD players from different countries ? , like i couldn't buy a DVD from Europe because, but if i bought a DVD player from Europe then i could get a play dvd from there , thank you see you later then
                    Yeah- DVDs bought in Europe only work on European DVD players, UNLESS you have a region free DVD player, those can decode and and play DVDs from anywhere.

Comment

Yeah- DVDs bought in Europe only work on European DVD players, UNLESS you have a region free DVD player, those can decode and and play DVDs from anywhere.
                      where can you get a region free DVD player from, i didn't think you can, and you that have to buy your dvd player from what country your from?
                      Last edited by MIZA; 21 September 2007, 07:55 PM. Reason: t
                      sigpic

Comment

You can buy region free players in Australia. Pretty much all of them are here, only the really expensive ones are region coded.

Comment

Or you can buy a dvd player from your own country that you can make region free. I bought a new R1 dvd player here, performed a small *trick* and I know it at least plays Japanese R2 dvds now (borrowed from a coworker). There are a few models, each with various tricks. Some waaaay simpler than others (like mine ). But if you want legit and guaranteed Region 0 (aka region free), best idea is definitely to buy from somewhere like Australia that sells them.

Comment

where can you get a region free DVD player from, i didn't think you can, and you that have to buy your dvd player from what country your from?
                            eBay - that is were I purchased one a few years ago
                            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

I'm in Australia and got my S3 boxset today. We have the horrible cover as well. Did anyone get a booklet inside there sets, with episode and special feature listings? We got them in seasons 1 and 2 but nothing for 3.

Comment

Originally posted by shrap View Post
                                I'm in Australia and got my S3 boxset today. We have the horrible cover as well. Did anyone get a booklet inside there sets, with episode and special feature listings? We got them in seasons 1 and 2 but nothing for 3.
                                No i didn't get anything in mine as well , it's like they did it in a hurry and put that ugly cover on it too, oh yeah i am still mad at that !!!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X