This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post

If you are seriously interested shoot me a PM sometime and we can hash out details and whatnot.

Out of curiosity, would you be printing on paper and just inserting into a multidisc case or would you actually print on a thick stock and fold and glue to make it match the other season?

Comment

The new cover looks like a badly photoshoped composition of different shots. The heads look out of proportion and the lighting looks different for the individual characters.
      Why have they chosen to put everyone in action shots and then just have Teyla standing there doing nothing? Her shot looks like the one they have used in a previous season.
      I hope the cover art is different for region 4 but I won't hold my breath.

Comment

The Canadian websites still show the original cover art so I'm hoping that the Canadian ones won't be the crappy cover ones. However, I wouldn't really care as I buy them to watch the shows...not to look at the cover.

Comment

Originally posted by nighthawk_77 View Post
          However, I wouldn't really care as I buy them to watch the shows...not to look at the cover.
          That's true, plus I only really see the spine of it the majority of the time anyways. At least they didn't try anything crazy like the Sliders packaging.

Comment

The reason they probably switched it is because the older one isn't as attention getting "in your face" as the new one. The new one is also brighter in both lighting and the color blue used. Bottom line, they want these to sell more on the shelf most likely. Livelier boxart could get them more sales on a whim than appeasing people who don't like it because Beckett isn't on the cover. I mean, seriously, who isn't going to buy it because of that? DVD sales has always been Stargate's thing, so they probably, and most likely correctly, assume that they already have sold it to the established fan base. I mean, I have all 9 seasons of SG-1 and 2 seasons of SGA on my shelf and the others pre ordered, and I imagine most of you do too. So it's a pretty safe assumption.

Also, I don't know if anyone has brought this up before but, the new one probably has that reflective shiny finish that was on the other ones causing the light to be off when trying to get pcitures of it. If it doesn't then yes, whoever photoshopped the heads on the bodies did a terrible job. But I'm going to assume it does and probably looks fantastic in hand.
            "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
              Out of curiosity, would you be printing on paper and just inserting into a multidisc case or would you actually print on a thick stock and fold and glue to make it match the other season?
              You know, I'm not sure yet. I was thinking about that last night. I guess it would depend on what the print shop could offer. If I can do a card stock and fold it into a case then sure, I'll do it that way.

Also, we still don't know what the inside CD covers will look like, for all we know, they may be wonderful, and it's just the outside case that is horrid.

Then, just a reminder, ya'll can email both Fox and MGM and voice your concerns, you never know, they may change it if they get enough emails. The fox email is listed at the top of this thread, and this is the email for MGM: [email protected]

Skeezix, you're probably right about that... they want something bright and in your face to attract buyers. Personally, for me however, when I look at it I just grimace and think "who the heck designed that?!" But, I'm sure the majority of people who arn't into graphic design and art and all that arn't going to notice, oh well.
              Last edited by idlewild202; 18 July 2007, 01:25 PM.

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

the new cover sucks why is jonh's mouth open like that??? and where's beckett it totally sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                  That's true, plus I only really see the spine of it the majority of the time anyways. At least they didn't try anything crazy like the Sliders packaging.
                  eh, no kidding! I got the season1 and season2. What a weird way to place the discs! I have big fingers and seriously was afraid to get a disk out. I ended up putting each disk into a cd disk case and put them all back into the packaging. I love the outer part, it's that weird spongy thing the disks slide into that I hated.

Oh and I perfer the first cover of Atlantis! Why take off Carson and put on goofy poses of the rest of the cast? Someone drink too much beer or something?
                  Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Adria View Post
                    the new cover sucks why is jonh's mouth open like that??? and where's beckett it totally sucks
                    maybe it's his way of saying this cover sucks , threw lip reading??
                    sigpic
                    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

fun
                      sigpic
                      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

I absolutely hate the cover it looks put together by a 4 year old. They should stick with he first one. They put action shots together and it looks ugly. I don't care about Carson though its better without him on the cover. This just pissed me off that ugly friggin' cover. !!!

Comment

wow that are not really going to change that ,that sucks i really hope they do
                          sigpic

Comment

I find it funny how the revised Season 3 cover art of SGA is displayed here on Gateworld - not that i dissing my favourite site/homepage! - & eyt the cover art for Season 3 as displayed here in Australai is the original ocover art featuring the Wraith behind the Gate (as mentioned on EzyDVD).

For crying out loud can someone decide on which cover art to use?!?

Comment

]
                              Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                              hehe, forgot to do the multi-quote

Here are the two versions of the cover art

The first, temporary cover (and the good one!)
                              http://www.gateworld.net/store/graphics/dvd_atl_s3set_fpo.jpg

And the new, final cover
                              http://www.gateworld.net/store/graphics/dvd_atl_s3set_l.jpg
                              I like the first one better. But the higher ups in DVD design have over looked a great design and changed it,

Comment

Originally posted by griffindorgirl View Post
                                ]
                                I like the first one better. But the higher ups in DVD design have over looked a great design and changed it,
                                wow how was Shore Leave ? i am hopefully going to the Las Vegas creation con. this weekend? i don't know if any stargate actors will be there , but who knows ?? see you later then
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X