Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Atlantis Season 2 (Region 1 DVD)- March 6, 2007 (Confirmed date)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah just got mine and its great
    sigpic
    Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by Beckmen View Post
      Picked it up and watched the first four episodes. It's saddening, MGM/Fox didn't do a very good job technically here. I am seeing A LOT of compression artifacting. Never noticed that on any other Stargate set before. Watch when there is quick camera moves (mainly in The Runner). It turns into Block City. We deserve better than this, it looks like a pirated DVD!
      That's very unfortunate. Atlantis is a show that can and should look great. I'm glad I have the region 2 releases.
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Absolutely ZERO image problems with the first 2 discs of my Region 1 set, I'll know about 3 and 4 tonight

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

Originally posted by lily View Post
          The way the opening credits are shown is the way the show aired everywhere around the world except on Sci Fi, so it's not like they changed something for the DVDs only. Everybody watched the show with the credits like that, except those who watch the Sci Fi channel

Personally I think it makes sense to have the old credits on the first 3 episodes because viewers don't know (unless they are on fandom, which most viewers aren't) about Ronon until the 3rd episode, and Ford is in two of the first 3 episodes, so it makes sense to me that the new credits are used only after Ronon has been introduced, and the old ones remain in the previous episodes.
          What about Paul McGillion? He was credited as a cast member in the first 3 episodes. Are you trying to tell me that with the Season 1 credits being used on the DVD, Paul's being uncredited.

And for the record, Canada also got the 10-Second credits for the first 3 when it aired there (at least when it aired in HD), I think.
          sigpic

Comment

McGillion is credited as a guest star in those first 3 episodes.

I have a 34" Widescreen TV and an upscaling DVD player. Seems like the possibility of me having a bad set is pretty low. Hmmm. This concerns me.
            Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
            http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Mine plays great. It is one of the best quality dvds I have every gotten. Audio is super.
              "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
              'Eleanor Roosevelt'
              Individuality is freedom lived.
              'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Mine plays great to- granted I have a very shoddy tv, but it looked excellent on it, though I only saw a couple commentaries from the first disc so far- but the Seige III effects look amazing, and that's probably a good one to judge by.

Comment

OK, here are some samples...

(A blow-up)

(And the original)

Not too noticeable in those little pics, but on a 34" Widescreen display, kind of hard NOT to notice. It's really distracting.
                  Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!

Comment

McGillion is credited as a guest star in those first 3 episodes.
                    oh, I didn't know that, hell, Grace Under Pressure is the only episode on my DVD that I've watched so far
                    sigpic

Comment

OK, here are some samples...

Not too noticeable in those little pics, but on a 34" Widescreen display, kind of hard NOT to notice. It's really distracting.
                      Definately something wrong with your discs, mine don't show that at all.

Comment

Anybody else? I need more opinions on this...

Comment

hey how long is the siege part III: 43 minutes and how many seconds?

Comment

Got my set today at Best Buy and it was the last copy. Though the outer box was a bit bent in a few places, I can't really complain because it was the last one and I really wanted it today.

Comment

Nobody wants to do frame-by-frame on that shot in Instinct and see if the artifacts show up? Taking my DVD back is kind of pointless, WM is only going to have more copies from the same pressing...

I can live with this if I know everybody's set is this way. It also seems to taper off in the other discs, a bit. Still there, but not as obvious. Maybe I am also being too discerning.

Comment

Nobody wants to do frame-by-frame on that shot in Instinct and see if the artifacts show up?
                                Well, I don't have the region 1 edition so I haven't seen it... But if the artifacts are there on one disc, they should be on all copies. I just don't see how it could affect only a few select ones. But you probably won't get confirmation from anyone here, I think most people just aren't "sensitive" enough to notice this kind of flaw in their DVDs. Maybe you'd have more luck asking in some home theater/DVD enthusiast type forum.
                                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
                                X