Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Atlantis Season 2 (Region 1 DVD)- March 6, 2007 (Confirmed date)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starmage View Post
    I think they should make up for making us wait so long by putting in some more extras. They could also get some more commentaries on episodes from the actual cast. I mean come on Joe should have at least done commentary for the episode he wrote.
    Joe didn't write a good number of episodes for Season 2, Paul Mullie wrote them, however Joe was credited as a writer because he and Paul are writing partners. I heard about that in a commentary from Season 9 Box Set (it was either "The Powers That Be" or "The Ties That Bind", I forget)

I think they should make up for making us wait so long by putting in some more extras.
    They should release "The Siege" as a standalone DVD (all 3 parts as one), with extras, and a full length commentary for all 3 parts.
    sigpic

Comment

Didn't Joe write the story for Epiphany? I heard it got change around a lot from the original concept. I just would have like to hear his imput during the episode and learn what was from his original pitch and what was change.
      This is what I do in my spare time hunting down fanfiction

And here you will find my werewolf

Here you will find my vampire

Comment

Originally posted by starmage View Post
        Didn't Joe write the story for Epiphany?
        Your thinking of Joe Flanigan, I'm talking about Joe Mallozzi.
        sigpic

Comment

well it's abotu time!!!!!!!! but we have to wait till march for region 1
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

DVDActive cover-art and specifications on the Region 1 DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior View Post
              DVDActive cover-art and specifications on the Region 1 DVD.
              Thanks for that update, TheWarrior. The Cover art looks interesting, but sucks that there are commentaries on selected episodes. Compared to the SG-1 DVDs, the SGA DVDs suck, mainly because of the number of commentaries included with the SGA S2 box set.

Question for the English (aka people with the SGA S2 Region 2 DVD): Who many commentaries came with your SGA S2 DVDs?
              sigpic

Comment

I dont know why they say 'commentaries on selected episodes' in the main description because if you read the contents listed below there are audio commentaries on all 20 episodes.

Also just to confirm, the UK and Australian DVD releases of Season 2 have commentaries on all 20 episodes so it doesnt make sense that the US release would be missing any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                  Question for the English (aka people with the SGA S2 Region 2 DVD): Who many commentaries came with your SGA S2 DVDs?
                  For every episode, i.e. 20. (See a list of all commentaries for S2 on European DVDs here.)

Edit: I should have read the post above.
                  No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                  (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

If DVDActive is correct, and Region 1 (me included) gets selected Commentaries, I am going to be mad.
                    sigpic

Comment

The artwork has now been posted on TVShowsOnDVD.com:
                      http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6790
                      sigpic

Comment

Can anybody tell me what the differences in content are between a Region 1 and Region 2 boxset? Is there anything major that differs between the two releases?

I only ask because it will cost £45 to buy it Region 2 upon release but by buying the Region 1 from Amazon.com, including international shipping, it will save me about £20. Obviously you can see why that is very, very appealing.

Comment

Also just to confirm, the UK and Australian DVD releases of Season 2 have commentaries on all 20 episodes so it doesnt make sense that the US release would be missing any of them.It is very likely that this may be the case. I haven't checked myself but I can tell you that in almost all cases, DVD releases vary greatly in their extra content across differant regions. This is a marketing ploy by the companies to differentiate differant markets and why the Australian Competition and Consumer Comminsion was one of the first in the world to legalise multi-region DVD players and DVD player chipping to lift region restrictions.

If you dont want to wait untill March you can order Season 2 from EZYDVD.com.au here in Australia who offer international shipping.

Its great now that in the last 6 months we have been getting TV releases such as Stargate and BSG up to 6 months before the US market and we dont have to buy stupid half seasons ie BSG 2.0 and 2.5 (WTF is up with that!!!)

Comment

Season 2 is almost here. I am excited, I still don't know what happens at the end of season 1's cliffhanger. I am rewatching it now along with Sg-1 season 8.

I really wish they would but out the Season 3 dvd's faster this time, so those of us who are behind could catch up to the network broadcast.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                              The artwork has now been posted on TVShowsOnDVD.com:
                              http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6790

New artwork:
                              New Season 2 Art

Comment

The Region 1 release of Stargate Atlantis Season 2 is now available to buy, at least I have seen it listed as instock on one website.

Comment

Working...
                                X