Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Atlantis Season 2 (Region 1 DVD)- March 6, 2007 (Confirmed date)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to buy my DVD in about 20 minutes, I can't wait to get it.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
      Got mine at walmart today for $36.99. figured best buy was cheaper, but I decided the $2 difference was worth the incredible aggravation of trying to park at best buy at lunch time....

Contains 3 slimset DVDs, one glossy page promo for other shows on DVD; a merchandise pamphlet which lists season 1 dvd set, stargate worlds, sga trading cards, creation con stuff, official magazine, sg1 figurines, sg1 dvds.

COVERS
      DVD 1: Sheppard, Teyla, Ronon and a wraith
      DVD 2: Weir and Teyla
      DVD 3: Ronon and Teyla and female wraith

Oops, no McKay, no Beckett!
      Soooo....Ronan and Teyla are doubled (and tripled), and Mckay and Beckett are left out? What the frak are they thinking.....

*sigh* I'm not buying it at the moment, it's probably way too expensive everywhere in my town and I'm a little short on cash. Waited a year and a half to see it already, may as well continue watching the season on tv for now.

Comment

I got my set today, and I'm confused. I swear I saw an ad for the S2 dvds on tv last night and it mentioned "Never before seen footage" or something to that effect, but there's no sign of that on the dvds. Were they talking about stuff from the featurettes, maybe? Haven't watched those yet.

Meanwhile, I am thrilled that FINALLY we have a "Play All" option!

Comment

Originally posted by TheXym View Post
          Preordered mine through Barnes & Noble due to a buy one get one sale on DVD TV box sets, so I bought the old Dungeons & Dragons cartoon box set and preordered Atlantis when that was going on, plus I had an extra 15% off coupon for B&N members, so I got both sets for the total of $37.88 including shipping. Hopefully it'll be here when I get home from teaching so I can start enjoying them with my kids
          Dungeons and Dragons on DVD???? Yippee.
          Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I did get the DVD yesterday. I've only watched the commentary for Grace Under Pressure.

I learned that at the end, where Rodney opens the rear hatch using the backup...opener, they actually made it got faster (why the bubbles from Rodney's mouth are going so fastly) because they couldn't get the water down faster.

Also I learned they used 3 jumpers for GUP, the 1st was the one they started with (and the one Shep and Zelenka used), the second was the one when the water started pouring into the jumper, and third one was the one at the very end (where Shep and Zelenka rescue Rodney).
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcpickles View Post
              Meanwhile, I am thrilled that FINALLY we have a "Play All" option!

Yes, the lack of play all is one of my biggest pet peeves on TV dvds.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                Soooo....Ronan and Teyla are doubled (and tripled), and Mckay and Beckett are left out? What the frak are they thinking.....

*sigh* I'm not buying it at the moment, it's probably way too expensive everywhere in my town and I'm a little short on cash. Waited a year and a half to see it already, may as well continue watching the season on tv for now.
                I got mine for 34.99 at Best Buy. I think that is cheaper than any other place other then a website maybe.

Comment

i got my copy for 34.99 at a store called fye.
                  sigpic
                  Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Picked it up and watched the first four episodes. It's saddening, MGM/Fox didn't do a very good job technically here. I am seeing A LOT of compression artifacting. Never noticed that on any other Stargate set before. Watch when there is quick camera moves (mainly in The Runner). It turns into Block City. We deserve better than this, it looks like a pirated DVD!
                    Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                    http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Originally posted by gateroom View Post
                      I got mine for 34.99 at Best Buy. I think that is cheaper than any other place other then a website maybe.

I was at the store today and saw it, and against my better judgement did buy it. $60 CDN including tax. The rest of the season had better be good!

Unfortunately I think the closest Best Buy is a two hour drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post

I was at the store today and saw it, and against my better judgement did buy it. $60 CDN including tax. The rest of the season had better be good!

Unfortunately I think the closest Best Buy is a two hour drive.
                        I'm sorry that sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Beckmen View Post
                          Picked it up and watched the first four episodes. It's saddening, MGM/Fox didn't do a very good job technically here. I am seeing A LOT of compression artifacting. Never noticed that on any other Stargate set before. Watch when there is quick camera moves (mainly in The Runner). It turns into Block City. We deserve better than this, it looks like a pirated DVD!
                          Who knows your version might be a pirated DVD.
                          sigpic

Comment

I bought it at Wal-Mart in New York State, not in the streets of Beijing, pretty sure it's not a pirated copy...
                            Last edited by Beckmen; 07 March 2007, 05:45 PM.
                            Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                            http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

I bought it at Wal-Mart in New York State, not in the streets of Beijing, pretty sure it's not a pirated copy...
                              Weird, mine looks great on my 52 inch TV. Maybe the rest of the discs will look better for you, if not, I suggest returning it for another copy, just say it skips or something.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                                Well, for starters, MGM/Fox delays the DVD from November to March, and they just think, "Oh, lets kill some time and just slap the old credits on the first 3 episodes, no one will notice." I would have prefered to have new 60-second opening credits on the first 2 eps, and the 10-second opening credits on Runner, or the 10-second credits on first 3 episodes.
                                The way the opening credits are shown is the way the show aired everywhere around the world except on Sci Fi, so it's not like they changed something for the DVDs only. Everybody watched the show with the credits like that, except those who watch the Sci Fi channel

Personally I think it makes sense to have the old credits on the first 3 episodes because viewers don't know (unless they are on fandom, which most viewers aren't) about Ronon until the 3rd episode, and Ford is in two of the first 3 episodes, so it makes sense to me that the new credits are used only after Ronon has been introduced, and the old ones remain in the previous episodes.

Might be your DVD player or boxset. Mine looks great and I haven't noticed any of the problems you describe.

Comment

Working...
                                X