Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon novel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaeyla View Post
    I just wanted to thank you for your book. sometime ago i felt inspired to create my own idea of what Scar looks like.
    Wow.

That is really cool. Thank you Kaeyla, what an excellent piece of work. I'm glad you enjoyed Halcyon - I had a ball writing it and it was especially fun to do some storytelling from the Wraith side of things...

On another topic - While I'm here, I'd also like to say thanks to everyone who came by the Fandemonium stand at the London Expo this weekend to buy books and chat to Sally Malcolm and myself; Joe Flanigan joined us briefly and we'll hopefully have some images up on the official site in the near future.

Out Now:
    Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
    Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
    "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Twitter

Comment

Wow! That's an awesome picture!

And I've finally finished! Don't know why it took me so long. I think that I shouldn't have read it with super-analyst mindframe. Silly me. I'll re-read it again when Fandy is late with the latest publication :-P

I think you did a fantastic job with the characters, you hit their voices head on. The story itself was interesting, the Halycon people were some of the best races in any of the novels, and the series even. I loved how they had "tamed" the Wraith.

I couldn't help but squrim when it got to the Star Trek-esque everyone should follow our way of life, though. I hate that.
      Last edited by Elite Anubis Guard; 23 November 2006, 11:00 PM.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Thank you Elite Anubis Guard for liking the artworkHmmm I think The Halycon people were really well written too- though I would not like to live among their society,its a little too military, dictorial and structured for me. Through Scar and his pain, I could see them being the villains, oddly enough of this piece! I understood the Wraith better.

Thank you James for liking my artwork of Scar- once again thank you for the charactor of Scar. I am so sorry i did not go that convention- i almost got on a train to go to London ro that event. I was dressed fully as a Male Wraith commander from going nightclubbing, so you would have an odd visitor otherwise. I knew Joe was going but had I known you were going I would definately gone. I would have got you to sign my copy of Halycon or my artwork. Kicks myself up the derriere!
        We are angels of death in black leather
        Your demons without wings, we glide
        We are angels in black with a hunger
        Not your sheep to change or guide.
        We are angels in the blackness for ever

Comment

After literally months searching for this book, I finally bought it on Monday and finished it today.

Fantastic book! The Halcyonite characters were very distinguished from each other and seemed to have strong, individual voices. The Atlantis team were great as well, especially Sheppard and Ronon
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

when did the book come out???
            sigpic
            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

It came out a few months ago
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Just FYI; the folks over at the Brave New World roleplaying site have just posted a short interview with me about Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon. Click Here to visit...

Out Now:
                Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
                Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
                "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
                Twitter

Comment

Just wanted to let you know how much I loved reading your Halcyon novel.
                  This was my first SGA book I have read. There was alot of action, never a dull moment, it was a fun book to read!!
                  I don't usually pay alot of attention to the merchandising part of Stargate but Sonny had posted her website link in one of the Zelenka threads back before the con there and I went in and found all the resources to find out about the books and I ordered a few.
                  Just wanted to say thanks for a great story, very well written and the characters were fantastic!!!
                  Now there is another way to enjoy SGA!!!
                  sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                    Just wanted to let you know how much I loved reading your Halcyon novel.
                    Thanks, Rosehawk - I'm glad you enjoyed the book.

Out Now:
                    Twitter

Comment

Does anyone know if this book is still available anywhere (ideally in the US)?

I tried buying it at stargatenovels.com, but the order wouldn't go through.
                      I tried ordering it at amazon.com, but they said it's no longer in stock and they don't anticipate getting more (i.e., they cancelled the order).

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainFigment View Post
                        Does anyone know if this book is still available anywhere (ideally in the US)?

I tried buying it at stargatenovels.com, but the order wouldn't go through.
                        I tried ordering it at amazon.com, but they said it's no longer in stock and they don't anticipate getting more (i.e., they cancelled the order).
                        It's widely available in the UK though websites like Play.com and any Waterstones store, but I'm not sure if they ship to the US. Have you tried eBay? I know there are a lot of bookstores around the world that have stores on there and sell a large amount of books on there. Might be worth a look.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Almighty_Wookie View Post
                          It's widely available in the UK though websites like Play.com and any Waterstones store, but I'm not sure if they ship to the US. Have you tried eBay? I know there are a lot of bookstores around the world that have stores on there and sell a large amount of books on there. Might be worth a look.
                          Its also available on Amazon in the US... check this link http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1905586558
                          hope it helps

its also linted on ebay if you look hard enough...

Comment

You could check amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com to see if they have used copies available. I've gotten one or two of the stargate novels that way.

Also, check out the article on GW's home page about Stargate Novels/Fandemonium books being rereleased soon. Apparently all the older ones will be released as ebooks and paperbacks will be published on demand.

Comment

Working...
                            X