No announcement yet.

Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon novel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still reading it and I have to say it feels really wierd. Like a 3 part episode, each 100 pages having a different focus and storyline.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Great book - I finished it last week, and had a hard time putting it down. The characterization was great, but I did notice that Rodney called Sheppard "John," which he's never done on the show.

Anyway, I loved the story and look forward to your next Stargate novel :-)

Comment

Originally posted by woodsie22
        The characterization was great, but I did notice that Rodney called Sheppard "John," which he's never done on the show.
        :-)
        Yeah, it was usually Colonel and Major.
        sigpic

Comment

I'll be signing copies of my novel later this month at the London Expo show at the Excel Centre in London's Docklands, over the weekend of 28th-29th October. Joe Flanigan and Dan Shea will also be there representing Stargate, so come along and say hi - for more info click Here to visit the event's official site.

Out Now:
          Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
          Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
          "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
          ---------------------------------------------------
          Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by JMSwallow View Post
            I'll be signing copies of my novel later this month at the London Expo show at the Excel Centre in London's Docklands, over the weekend of 28th-29th October. Joe Flanigan and Dan Shea will also be there representing Stargate, so come along and say hi - for more info click Here to visit the event's official site.
            Wow! Have a terrific time, sell lots of books, make lots of new fans. I'd ask you to hug Joe Flanigan for me, but yanno, that might start a rumour ...
            http://www.karenmiller.net
            http://karenmiller.livejournal.com

Comment

And how's this for cool?

Halcyon's a bestseller in Sydney! Wheeee!

Comment

This book still isn't in any shops near me at all...I've asked at Waterstones and Borders and neither even knew about the book

And I really want to read it! I looked everywhere after I'd heard that people had bought it to no avail.
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                  This book still isn't in any shops near me at all...I've asked at Waterstones and Borders and neither even knew about the book

And I really want to read it! I looked everywhere after I'd heard that people had bought it to no avail.
                  Well, since you're in the UK you could buy direct from the publisher, www.stargatenovels.com, or from Amazon.uk, your postage rates will be fine since they'll be internal.

I've heard fabulous things about this one, I'll be getting it soon myself, so don't give up!

Comment

Originally posted by KarenMiller View Post
                    Well, since you're in the UK you could buy direct from the publisher, www.stargatenovels.com, or from Amazon.uk, your postage rates will be fine since they'll be internal.
                    What Karen said - the nice folks at Fandemonium will be happy to take your money.

Out Now:
                    Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
                    Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
                    "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by JMSwallow View Post
                      What Karen said - the nice folks at Fandemonium will be happy to take your money.
                      I've been trying to get it at my store in the USA. The wholesale distributor said it should be in by the end of the October. I'll be sure to pimp it!

Though it would be easier if it was SG-1 (pre-S9). My enthusiam for Atlantis isn't near what it is for the "big sister" show.That doesn't mean I won't read it. I typically liked the DS9 books better than the DS9 show. More time to spend on characters.

Suse
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I would highly recommend buying the book directly from Fandemonium. For me, shipping costs to the US is around 2.50 USD. I've gotten the book within a week of placing my order too! They are truly great people to do business with.

Halcyon was an excellent read! Don't wait, order now!!
                        sigpic

Comment

If anyone is down in Sydney next weekend (28th), I'll be at FSF with David Nykl, Rachel Luttrell and Tony Amendola, and all that morning and the following day at Supanova. I'll be signing both Atlantis and SG-1 novels.

Also, a heads up for Sydney in February 2007. bobw.com.au is featuring Joe Flanigan. I'll be there to run a writer's workshop, and signing all three of my Stargate novels (Exogenesis is out soon).

see ya there!
                          Last edited by sonny1; 23 October 2006, 02:08 AM.
                          Sonny
                          www.sonnywhitelaw.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sonny1 View Post
                            If anyone is down in Sydney next weekend (28th), I'll be at FSF with David Nykl, Rachel Luttrell and Tony Amendola, and all that morning and the following day at Supanova. I'll be signing both Atlantis and SG-1 novels.

Also, a heads up for Sydney in February 2007. bobw.com.au is featuring Joe Flannigan. I'll be there to run a writer's workshop, and signing all three of my Stargate novels (Exogenesis is out soon).

see ya there!
                            Have fun!

Comment

I really should get back to this. I sort of got distracted by the Halo novels.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hello James its a pleasure to know that you post here . i wanted to say i love your novel- Halcyon- I particulary loved your Wraith, Scar- not enough is done seriously on the Wraith- nor is there much merchandise on the Wraith- I liked the way you wrote about him- as more than just cannon fodder for a p90 or a retro virus.

It has been the book i have enjoyed most from the Atlantis books-I hope you will write more of them, with another decent Wraith character. I just wanted to thank you for your book. sometime ago i felt inspired to create my own idea of what Scar looks like.

Yeah i am one of those witches -the mead drinking dancing wiccan types witches!!
                                We are angels of death in black leather
                                Your demons without wings, we glide
                                We are angels in black with a hunger
                                Not your sheep to change or guide.
                                We are angels in the blackness for ever

Comment

Working...
                                X