No announcement yet.

Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon novel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay guys, as requested I've put a short clip from Halcyon up on my website. The main SGA page is Here and the excerpt is Here.

Originally posted by Gate Geek
    So can we get any more insights into Halcyon?
    It's a collision-of-ideals story. Our heroes venture to a planet where war is a permanent condition and life is cheap; what starts out as a diplomatic mission soon spirals out of control into danger and jeopardy for the whole Atlantis team. Expect to see palace intrigue, action and daring-do, and a fair bit of stuff blowin' up.

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
    I had actually gone round bookmarking all the authors sites because I was planning on doing a novel website and wanted authors to interview. Perhaps you'd like to do a Ask Authors thread and try and get more authors on here?
    I'm always willing to do interviews, time permitting. An Ask the Authors section sounds like a cool idea; my fellow SG author Karen Miller is also posting here on Gateworld.

Out Now:
    Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
    Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
    "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Twitter

Comment

I'll ask David to set up a thread for it then. Thanks.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by JMSwallow
        Okay guys, as requested I've put a short clip from Halcyon up on my website. The main SGA page is Here and the excerpt is Here.

It's a collision-of-ideals story. Our heroes venture to a planet where war is a permanent condition and life is cheap; what starts out as a diplomatic mission soon spirals out of control into danger and jeopardy for the whole Atlantis team. Expect to see palace intrigue, action and daring-do, and a fair bit of stuff blowin' up.
        Just read the excerpt. Very well done. You captured the characters quite well. Is it August 7th yet???

I'm always willing to do interviews, time permitting. An Ask the Authors section sounds like a cool idea; my fellow SG author Karen Miller is also posting here on Gateworld.
        Thank you! I still find it amazing that you all would take the time to talk us.
        sigpic

Comment

Woot, Brits. I'm excited already.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek
            Thank you! I still find it amazing that you all would take the time to talk us.
            I'm a fan of the 'Gates, so I swing by this site on a regular basis for all the latest info; plus this is also a good timewaster instead of actually writing.

Out Now:
            Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
            Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
            "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
            Twitter

Comment

Great excerpt, Jim. I'm looking forward to the real deal! And congrats also on the Ford short in the OM. Very nicely done.

You're right, of course ... hanging here is way more exciting than wrestling the latest first draft to the ground ...

I'd be happy to rabbit on in an Author thread, too. Basically, I just like to rabbit.
              http://www.karenmiller.net
              http://karenmiller.livejournal.com

Comment

/\/\/\ Thanks for the support, Karen!

Originally posted by KarenMiller
                I'd be happy to rabbit on in an Author thread, too. Basically, I just like to rabbit.
                Yeah, me too. I love to chat about writing and how cool it is to have this job, as anyone who has seen me at conventions will attest!

Out Now:
                Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by KarenMiller
                  Great excerpt, Jim. I'm looking forward to the real deal! And congrats also on the Ford short in the OM. Very nicely done.

You're right, of course ... hanging here is way more exciting than wrestling the latest first draft to the ground ...

LOLOL! Okay, I guess I should 'fess up. I wandered by to get a couple of references for my thesis, popped into this thread to see what James was up to (ditto on the short story, BTW James, loved it!), and here I find you all hanging out around the water cooler. Karen, I figured you'd be watching LoTR on Channel 7 since the buggers don't seem to be much use for anything else.

If by chance someone does start up an author thread, I'll drop by as an excuse to sideline my exegesis. Mind you, I'll use *anything* as an excuse to do that <g>.
                  Sonny
                  www.sonnywhitelaw.com

sigpic

Comment

Yup ... when you look up the definition of writer in the dictionary, what you get is See Procrastinator.
                    http://www.karenmiller.net
                    http://karenmiller.livejournal.com

Comment

Hey Sonny, welcome to the party. We'll see you over at 'Ask the Authors'!

Out Now:
                      Twitter

Comment

Dear Stargate Fan,

STARGATE ATLANTIS: HALCYON, by James Swallow, has been published. James is
                        an experienced and successful science fiction author with many original and
                        TV/film tie-in novels to his credit, and we at Fandemonium are pleased to
                        have the opportunity to work with him on this really great book.

In HALCYON, the Atlantis team visit a world where the tables have been
                        turned on the Wraith and the hunters have become the hunted. But Halcyon is
                        a feudal society where the various ruling elites constantly vie for power
                        over their rivals, and the Atlantis team may be just the thing to tip the
                        balance in favour of one side over the other...

STARGATE ATLANTIS: HALCYON is available directly from us by visiting
                        www.stargatenovels.com (ships in 1-2 days) or you can find it at your
                        favorite US and UK book stores.

Book details are:
                        Title: STARGATE ATLANTIS: HALCYON
                        Author: James Swallow
                        ISBN: 1-905586-01-9
                        Price: UK £6.99 | US $7.95

Hope you enjoy this latest installment in the continuing Stargate adventure!

Best regards,
                        Tom
                        Stargate Novels
                        www.stargatenovels.com
                        tom[at]stargatenovels.com

STARGATE SG-1 ©1997-2006 MGM Television Entertainment Inc./MGM Global
                        Holdings Inc. STARGATE SG-1 is a trademark of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios
                        Inc. All Rights Reserved. STARGATE: ATLANTIS ©2004-2006 MGM Global Holdings
                        Inc. STARGATE: ATLANTIS is a trademark of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
                        All Rights Reserved.

Comment

Grr, I only just got SotF!
                          sigpic

Comment

Ordered mine on Saturday. Just waiting for it to ship and arrive in my mailbox. *sigh* I hate waiting for a good read!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Woot. Ordered it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Got my author copies today. Cool.

Out Now:
                                Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X