No announcement yet.

Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon novel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's now supposed to be released, but is still not in the Bookshop on the stargatenovels.com page. Has there been a delay? I wish you could preorder books there. Much faster shipping than the 4-6 weeks amazon tells you. I want to read this so bad.

Comment

James, whats up with Fandemonium? Isnt the new SG1 novel ready or is there something wrong wtih the printers again?
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I've noticed Fandemonium never releases the books when they say. But its no big deal. I still love em.
        On another note, I was surprised to see Halcyon being published on a Saturday. Usually new books come out on Thursday.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
          James, whats up with Fandemonium? Isnt the new SG1 novel ready or is there something wrong wtih the printers again?
          I flipped through Sabine Bauer's new Stargate SG-1 novel Survival of the Fittest and I'm pleased to announce there's an excerpt from Halcyon in there!

Out Now:
          Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
          Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
          "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
          ---------------------------------------------------
          Twitter

Comment

Awesome. I've been enjoying the Atlantis line a fair bit. I think they started a lot stronger than the SG1 line and I can not wait to read yours. You gonna be putting an online extract on soon?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JMSwallow
              I flipped through Sabine Bauer's new Stargate SG-1 novel Survival of the Fittest and I'm pleased to announce there's an excerpt from Halcyon in there!
              Have you actually read the other Atlantis/SG1 books? I mean, Sally threw nods to Sacrifice Moon. Do you give the other books little nods of recognition?
              sigpic

Comment

Have you actually read the other Atlantis/SG1 books? I mean, Sally threw nods to Sacrifice Moon. Do you give the other books little nods of recognition?
                Yeah, I've read a few (but not all) of the other SG1/SGA novels.
                I like to drop in "kisses with continuity" whenever I can, but because of the timescale for writing a book, when I started work on Halcyon only one Atlantis novel had been published, which was Sally's great adaptation of the pilot - so I couldn't really refer to the events of Reliquary or The Chosen. But I have tried to make Halcyon fit with TV continuity - it takes place during the second season, between 'Runner' and 'The Lost Boys'.

Out Now:
                Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
                Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
                "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
                Twitter

Comment

Any update to when the book is to be available? I know it was originally slated for publication in June and then got pushed back until the 15th of July. I haven't seen it for sale yet. I am eager to read this book!! Thanks!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek
                    Any update to when the book is to be available? I know it was originally slated for publication in June and then got pushed back until the 15th of July. I haven't seen it for sale yet. I am eager to read this book!! Thanks!
                    I'm told it will be August 7th.

Out Now:
                    Twitter

Comment

I'm told it will be August 7th.
                      Thanks for the heads up. But, Argh!!! That's too long to wait. Can I ask what the hold up is?

So do you know if this will push back the publication of SGA Exogenesis that was to be scheduled to be published mid August then? I can't imagine releasing two SGA books in one month.

edit:spelling
                      sigpic

Comment

They used to release a new book every month but with their choatic publishing dates lately, you never know. Its a good job these books are worth the wait lol
                        sigpic

Comment

They used to release a new book every month but with their choatic publishing dates lately, you never know. Its a good job these books are worth the wait lol
                          LOL, they sure are worth the wait! Halcyon sounds to be a good read. I need some new reading material!
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm glad you guys are so enthusiastic about the books! But you have to understand that in the book biz sometimes publication dates do slip - and with tie-in novels like these there's a whole layer of extra work that has to be done to get them out on sale, because of approvals from MGM and so on. Fandemonium is only a very small publisher and they're hard-workin' folks, so please be patient!

Out Now:
                            Twitter

Comment

I'm glad you guys are so enthusiastic about the books! But you have to understand that in the book biz sometimes publication dates do slip - and with tie-in novels like these there's a whole layer of extra work that has to be done to get them out on sale, because of approvals from MGM and so on. Fandemonium is only a very small publisher and they're hard-workin' folks, so please be patient!
                              Thank you! I know absolutely nothing about the book business. Having some inside details why things are delayed so long the wait is easier to accept. When there is no reason/explanation given and publication dates come and go, its gets frustrating and most irritating.

I really appreciate you taking the time to post here, answering our questions and keeping us on the loop.

So can we get any more insights into Halcyon? How about a excerpt to read?
                              sigpic

Comment

I had actually gone round bookmarking all the authors sites because I was planning on doing a novel website and wanted authors to interview. Perhaps you'd like to do a Ask Authors thread and try and get more authors on here?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X