Foreston - Factory Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack O'Harris - His bar

After Simon's reassurance that he was fine, Jack went back behind the bar, as he watched the on goings in the room. Simon he noted had already left. Whistling the tune Sorrel had left hanging in the air, Jack stocked up the drinks in the fridge and made sure everything was in order.

He watched new faces walk in, Kim greeting her friends, Lance's short disappearing act, then re-emerging without the bags. That told him that McKinnon had already seen the room. He found it entertaining when both Kim and Lance blushed at something their friends said and even deeper when Sorrel joined in.

Seeing their quick exited after that he snorted and chuckled at the same time. The two of them must have got the ribbing. Shaking his head he saw the two new faces approach him. Giving the man a grin, "What can I do for you kids?" he asked, as not didn't get the vibes of them being a couple.

He faintly remembered seeing the man once before. But he couldn't place it with who he had been back then.
    Last edited by SilverRider; 19 December 2007, 08:14 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Jack's Place

Zach stretched out his hand to Jack grinning at the 'kids' comment. "How have you been sir? Sarah and I will be needing a 'couple' of rooms" He emphasised couple to make sure there was no misunderstanding. He raised his eyebrows and looked at Sarah. "In addition a cold one would be a great thing." The smells of whatever was cooking was beginning to nudge at his stomach. He knew Sarah wanted to get out and look around but he may have to replenish before too long.

While he watched Jack hold up a pitcher of iced tea. Zach nodded in agreement and took a long gulp of the cold fluid from the glass that he provided. It felt refreshing as it made its way down his dried throat. He looked at Sarah and felt guilty for not offering her one. Turning back to Jack "better make that two"

He watched Jack move off to get the keys. Sitting on the stool in front of the bar he looked quizzically to Sarah "So what was up with Kim there, eh?"

Last edited by aintright; 20 December 2007, 05:57 AM.
      sigpic
      SCORE!!
      The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
        Sheriff's Office

Kim took out her zat while Lance signed and hand it to Mike, then watched him signed the book. She herself signed in and handed her zat over, all while listening to Lance speak to the sheriff. Taking a deep breath she faced both men, as she nodded in agreement to not cause any trouble.

"We aren't here for that." she agreed as she leaned on the desk and listened to Mike tell them about the trouble. She looked at the sheriff in surprise, "She jumped into the fight??" Kim asked. If Cal heard about this, she wasn't going to be a happy camper.

"No wonder I noticed the bruised lip on Jack. He wasn't involved in the fight was he?" The idea of having someone like Jack in a fight, didn't sit well with her. the old man was kind and sweet, so having him angry was well odd.
        Mike nodded seriously, and there the sadness about the event was visible again. Jack was a friend.
        "Yes. He was. You see, the cripple wasn't the only target of the twins. Some ladies also had attracted their attention. Not the ones of your team I might add, they were local. Jack's a gentleman. He doesn't stand for that sort of thing. What was more, they were fighting in his bar, and he couldn't have that either. He took it outside with them. It was quite messy, unfortunately. I'm just thankful no one got seriously injured.".

Sheriff Mike Anderson - NPC.

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post
          [ The road to Foreston ]

Spoiler:
          Cal frowned, "So, this is official business and we ARE on duty?" She was disappointed, hoping that they would have some time to be a 'couple' instead of 'officer and enlisted'. The woman put a lid on her anticipation and squashed it down, switching modes to Aide. "What's the agenda for your meeting, sir? I didn't bring my laptop and it doesn't look like you did either."

<< to Foreston >>

<< from Outdoors >> [ Foreston's main street ]

"No, only semi-official," Blue explained. "If the base and the town are going to keep working together, she deserves to know about Janus. And not just by a written report. If Mr. Hunt shows up, it will become more. He thinks the base needs an 'oversight' commitee and that he, being a representative of the NID, is the perfect person."
          Nick reached out and gave Cal's hand a quick squeeze. "When that's over, we can be 'unofficial'. Laura has invited us to dinner. I'd like to invite you, alone, to join me for drinks and dancing at Jack's afterwords."
          Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
          sigpic

Comment

[ Sarah Whitely - Jack's Bar ]

Sarah nodded at Jack when Zack mentioned 'couple of rooms' she didn't want anyone to make the mistake that they were a couple. Politely she thanked him for the rooms. Not that Sarah wasn't attracted to Zack, she hadn't even thought of dating. The thoughts chased around her head and she shook it to rid them. She noticed Zack had managed to grab a drink and watched him. Zack, feeling guilty, bought Sarah one and the two sipped their drinks in a companionable silence whilst Sarah slipped into a relaxed mood.

"So what was up with Kim there, eh?"
            Sarah looked up from her glass and considered an answer, "I think she really wants a shot with Lance, we were probably too hard on them." Sarah was surprised at herself for being slightly deep. She blamed it on the drink.
            Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
            LOVE HIM-> DT
            ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Sheriff's Office

Ashwood bumped herself of the desk she had been leaning on, firmly nodded at Mike as she sighed, "We will keep away from the terrible two you mentioned. Most likely keep a low profile till we leave."

She saw Lance give the other man a nod as she walked over to McKinnon, facing Mike again, "Thank you for keeping the zat's secure. Before leaving we will come and grab our weapons." As Mike returned a nod, turn to lock the weapon cupboard, she faced Lance, "I believe Foreston awaits, Sire."

Then grinned, interloping their fingers, she lead him back outside. "How many more changes to the base, did Sharp tell you about?" she asked once they climbed down the steps.

Last edited by SilverRider; 21 December 2007, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Jack's Place

Zach nodded to Jack as he took the keys. "Thanks man." He drained what was left of the drink. That was more like it. He wondered if Jack had remembered him from his last visit here with Claire.

"Too hard on them. How so? Come on Kim is a tough cookie." He sat there watching Sarah with her drink but all he really saw was Claire. He let her smile, her eyes fill his mind. He was happy to just relax there lost in his thoughts. The key in his hands rolled over and over between his fingers.

sigpic
                SCORE!!
                The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
                  << from Outdoors >> [ Foreston's main street ]

Spoiler:
                  "No, only semi-official," Blue explained. "If the base and the town are going to keep working together, she deserves to know about Janus. And not just by a written report. If Mr. Hunt shows up, it will become more. He thinks the base needs an 'oversight' commitee and that he, being a representative of the NID, is the perfect person."
                  Nick reached out and gave Cal's hand a quick squeeze. "When that's over, we can be 'unofficial'. Laura has invited us to dinner. I'd like to invite you, alone, to join me for drinks and dancing at Jack's afterwords."
                  [Main street]

"D - d - dancing?" Cal stuttered slightly in surprise. Dummy. Of course HE knows how to dance. He's an officer. Officers have to dance at formal balls. "Real dancing? Slow dancing? As in waltz, and foxtrot, and cha-cha?"
                  She shook her head and admitted, "I don't know how to do that. I'll embarrass you if I try those."
                  The woman tugged her hand free and side stepped, "I've got two left feet besides."

You're never too old to do something goofy.
                  sigpic
                  Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

<<from outdoors>>

Rosie heard the sharp hiss of air from the tire just seconds before the bicycle swerved uncontrollably, taking her to the ground. She used her elbow to break her fall and grimaced, knowing that her left arm and leg would be a glorious shade of purple in the morning. Though she had landed uncomfortable, there seemed to be little wrong other than some bruising and a tender ankle and a bit of dirt on her clothes.

The weary officer got to her feet, grateful that she had already passed the foothills and the worst of the terrain and that she could see the outskirts of Foreston ahead. It would only be a short walk now.

Rosie limped along, cursing mildly as she used the useless vehicle to support her weight. She was just being silly, she told herself, because the injury was nothing more than a slight sprain.

It was concerning Rosie, what the issue on base might be. After four months isolated from Earth, there must have been many infractions that warranted courts-martial under normal circumstances, yet this was the first time she had been called back to duty.

Then again, it could be little more than a request to join Dr. Lancaster for a scheduled psych evaluation; she had heard that the base was trying to encourage counselling for all personnel. Rosie couldn't be bothered with it all, she found it a waste of time. She hadn't needed to do a psych eval when she joined the Air Force (not a formal one, at any rate) because she hadn't suffered any of the symptoms that warranted a waiver. Her first counselling session had been one of Lancaster's compulsary check-ins after Earth's destruction, which she could sort of understand, given the unprecedented stress levels that the attack must have caused for some people.

More likely was that something had gone seriously wrong, something that they hadn't yet had to deal with on the base. But something serious enough to pull her back in... who could have done something like that? These officers, these people were the best of the best. You didn't get the turncoats and the petty thieves out here. Never.

Rosie shook her head and sighed. There was no point stressing about it. She couldn't control the past and she wouldn't know until she got there. What she needed to do now was find a room for the evening and preferably some transport for the following day.

She saw the building she was seeking ahead of her; the sheriff's office. Carefully, she propped the bicycle up outside and started to head to the door.
                    Last edited by bootstar; 21 December 2007, 11:48 AM.

Comment

[Town Center]

After bidding the sheriff a respectful farewell, Lance followed Kim out into the street, continuing the banter. "After you, milady." he replied with the appropriate arm gesture. Squeezing her hand warmly after she took his, he considered her question. "[COLOR="blue"]Actually, not a whole heck of a lot, to be honest. We were pretty focused on the shield tech, so I'm pretty much in the dark about everything else, and the AU mission started very soon after I arrived, so there wasn't much time to get me up to speed, so if you fill me in that'd be great." He paused briefly. The guys did make a feeble attempt at wisecracking about our date. Nothing worth going into detail over, I heard better barbs in junior high. I do think Sharp is pretty happy about it. Hutchinson grilled me pretty thoroughly, but since he's known me for years and saw how Sandra ripped me to shreds and how long it took me to recover, that's understandable. Most important, my two closest friends know how happy I am to be with you, and I hope you do as well." He looked deep into her eyes as he said that, his eyes filling in what his words didn't.

After reluctantly breaking the eye contact, he spoke again. "Simon mentioned something about a park. Do you want to walk over that way? It'd be nice to be able to sit and talk someplace with a bit less traffic. Even with the relaxed regs, considering what happened at Jack's last night we should be conscious about how we represent the base. Though in fairness to that gunny, if I'd have seen one of those idiots punch a woman in the face, he'd have quite a few fractured bones in his hand, so I can't entirely blame her, though I'd like to think if I'd seen the bouncers heading over that I wouldn't jump in unless they needed the help."

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

Sheriff Mike Anderson - his office/main street

He watched the young couple take off with a smile, then secured their weaponry they had so willingly given over. Not willingly, he told himself, compulsory. Still, Mike liked this rule. It gave him and his deputies a sense of security, maybe false, but it was there nevertheless. They were fairly much all elite officers, on the base. He himself was ex-military, but that didn't mean his skill was as honed as theirs.
                        On occasion he did train himself and his deputies on the base's firing range, as most everything on base, it was exceptionally equipped, nothing here in Foreston had anything remotely like it. Though the last session had been over a month ago, just before the earth quake had hit. He wondered what the state of the base now was and then shrugged - it would probably be another month or so before he would go there again. So why worry about stuff like that, when there was a whole town to worry about ?

Checking to make sure the padlock was securely locked, he hung the keys back on their ring and secured the ring to his belt. Adding a zat there on its holster, he stepped outside, to see what's what. The couple had long since disappeared, but to his surprise there was a new one walking the street. They had just turned the corner as he stepped out the door.

"Well, well, well, look what the cat dragged in," Mike said, not sure if his voice reached them. They were close enough though. He stood casually leaning against the doorframe, and touched the rim of his Stetson in respect and in greeting, though he didn't take the hat off.
                        "Welcome to Foreston, General, and Sergeant. I trust your visit here is unofficial?" He eyed the man stood a few meters in front of him, as well as the woman. Neither wore BDU's, which told him a lot already about their possible reasons for visiting. Well, he's got just as much a right to a nice little vacation as his people, I guess....

Comment

((I think Rosie was meant to be heading to the sheriff's office, not the town hall. Boo, you might want to edit that! In the states, not everything revolves around the town hall, as far as I know. Not like it does in, say, France or Germany!))
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

((thanks for that! I'm a dumbass sometimes!))

Rosie peered inside the building, but was told by a helpful young man that the Sheriff was outside, dealing with two officers from the base. Rosie nodded gratefully and stepped back outside, seeing the sheriff and feeling a fool for not noticing him before. Tunnel vision made her blind at times!

She blinked and did a double take at the people he was talking to. Two officers from the base? That didn't quite describe the scene. Despite the lewd shirt that almost distracted the casual observer from noticing his face, the man was unmistakably General Blue. And the woman... well, it looked like his aide. But why the two of them were here in casual attire was beyond Rosie, especially if she had been called back to the base as a matter of urgency.

Not wanting to intrude on a conversation, the JAG officer hovered a few feet away.

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post
                              [Main street]

Spoiler:
                              "D - d - dancing?" Cal stuttered slightly in surprise. Dummy. Of course HE knows how to dance. He's an officer. Officers have to dance at formal balls. "Real dancing? Slow dancing? As in waltz, and foxtrot, and cha-cha?"
                              She shook her head and admitted, "I don't know how to do that. I'll embarrass you if I try those."
                              The woman tugged her hand free and side stepped, "I've got two left feet besides."

[ Main street ]

"Bull s**t," Nick said genially, "Anyone who can do martial arts moves like you cannot have two left feet."
                              He added with a smile, "Trust me, you won't embarrass me. I can do that on my own. We don't have to dance but, I'd like to teach you."
                              The man unzipped his jacket and held out his arm for her to take, "C'mon. We can be 'official' once we reach the Mayor's house."
                              Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
                                [ Main street ]

Spoiler:
                                "Bull s**t," Nick said genially, "Anyone who can do martial arts moves like you cannot have two left feet."
                                He added with a smile, "Trust me, you won't embarrass me. I can do that on my own. We don't have to dance but, I'd like to teach you."
                                The man unzipped his jacket and held out his arm for her to take, "C'mon. We can be 'official' once we reach the Mayor's house."
                                [Main street]

Callista recoiled, eyes wide in surprise. "Good God!!! Does that shirt come with sunglasses?"
                                Nick laughed and glanced down, "This is one of the quiet ones."
                                She came over and took his arm, laughing with him, "What other surprises do you have for me?" The woman blushed, realizing that she already knew one of his secrets.

You're never too old to do something goofy.
                                sigpic
                                Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Working...
                                X