X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As Mickey walked, kicking stones on the way he asked
    "So what's this Mideal you speak of?"

Comment

"It's a meal, taken at the middle of the day. Mideal. Hopefully, we're not too late. Sometimes I get back late and there's nothing left but the scraps."

Stevens watched their small guide's back. "Wild guess here, but you spend a lot of time watching the stargate, don't you? Your tranrin, we call it a stargate."

Benal nodded. "I knew someday somebody'd come out of it, and I wanted to be there when it happened." The lush jungle thinned until they emerged into another clearing, ahead was a partly crumbled structure of stone. "This is Place." At the opening in the wall, two black-haired children, a boy and a girl flanked the way.

"Benal, where by the moons of Harvarla have you been?" The girl yelled to the group.

"Found grooples! They're joining us for mideal!" Benal yelled back.
      "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
      " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
      Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Mckay kneeled as the younglings trotted to his teams location
        I may aswell make a good impression
        "I'm Mickey, what your names?"
        He decided to lean back and sit on the nice grass

Comment

Ka'te observed Benal and the other kids that had joined him, wondering at how organized they seemed to be for a group of kids apparently fending for themselves. She had read "Lord of the Flies," and babysat enough to know that a group of kids about Benal's age shouldn't really have been able to set schedules, fix meals, and keep order.

"How long have you lived here without any ad... grooples?" she asked the children.

Lt. Colonel Jason Richardson/Major Jen Stevens Shipper
          Lt. Colonel Jim Anderson/Major Kate Howard Shipper

"Tir gan teanga, tir gan anam." -Gaelic Proverb
          (A country without a language, a country without a soul.)

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

"Five rotations, Ka'te. That's when the grooples disappeared, or at least I remember them until I was five. We don't know where they went, nobody heard the tranrin activated."

Stevens was speculating. "Nobody heard the gate, the kids might have been too far away, but what if the adults were taken by the Goa'uld, after a last stand at the gate. It could explain the disappearance."

The girl had kept her post, while the boy trotted out to meet them halfway.

((Somebody else can have the gate guards.))
            "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
            " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
            Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

(((I'll take the guards!!!!!)))

"Hello, I am Jadyn." The young boy guard greeted the strangers, "Back there is my twin sister Jalena." Jadyn nodded toward the girl's position.

"So....what brings you all here to our world?" Looking at Benal, Jadyn smiled, "Benal didn't bore you to death talking about his life and adventures did he?"

At that moment, Jadyn yelped as the girl Jalena came up and hit him across the head. "Jeez Jadyn! Stop picking Benal!" Turning away from her muttering brother, Jalena said, "Sorry about my brother, he tends to run his mouth off when he's not suppose to, his mouth gets the best of him a lot. You should ask him about that time with the leaders."

"Tibet is not a contact information, it's a country. Why not just write Earth while you're at it, incase anyone needs to know where Tibet is?"- Ingrid from Uptown Girls

Comment

Benal was affronted. "Hey! The grooples liked listening to me. They asked questions! And they gave me stuff."

Stevens picked up on the 'leaders' comment. "You have leaders? Do you think they'd be willing to see us? We're explorers formerly from a planet called Earth, now from Gaia. I'm Jen, this is Kari, Ka'te and Mickey."

"They have really neat stuff, too." Benal had to put in his bit, showing the iPod he was in possession of from Mickey. "Mickey gave me this, then I won it in a stick-fight."

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

"You cheated." Mckay commented
                  Then looked away
                  Mickey gripped the bottom of his assult rifle and kicked the grass aside and sat on a nearby boulder tapping the side of the rock.

Comment

Ka'te stepped closer to Major Stevens to whisper something so the kids wouldn't hear.

"Their parents wouldn't just leave them all here alone for no reason, and there were no signs of a battle near the gate. There has to be something weird going on; I'd really like to find out what's written on those rocks."

Lt. Colonel Jason Richardson/Major Jen Stevens Shipper
                    Lt. Colonel Jim Anderson/Major Kate Howard Shipper

"Tir gan teanga, tir gan anam." -Gaelic Proverb
                    (A country without a language, a country without a soul.)

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

Originally posted by DragonGate
                      Stevens picked up on the 'leaders' comment. "You have leaders? Do you think they'd be willing to see us? We're explorers formerly from a planet called Earth, now from Gaia. I'm Jen, this is Kari, Ka'te and Mickey."
                      "I'm sure they would." Jadyn replied, "Even they haven't seen grooplees for a long time."

"I'll go and tell them. Wait here." Jalena said, patting his brother on the shoulder, "You've gotten into enough trouble with the leaders already." With a smile, Jalena ran off.

"Tibet is not a contact information, it's a country. Why not just write Earth while you're at it, incase anyone needs to know where Tibet is?"- Ingrid from Uptown Girls

Comment

What's next? a woman named Linea?
                        Mickey thought.

Comment

Looking around Jadyn saw one guy standing a bit away from the others, the only male of the group. ‘Must be the person that Benal got his device from.’ Smiling, Jadyn walked up to McKay and asked, “Since you had a stick –fight with Benal, would you have one with me? I’m the best fighter of the 12 rotations olds.”

Comment

Originally posted by RockinHobbit
                            Ka'te stepped closer to Major Stevens to whisper something so the kids wouldn't hear.

"Their parents wouldn't just leave them all here alone for no reason, and there were no signs of a battle near the gate. There has to be something weird going on; I'd really like to find out what's written on those rocks."
                            Stevens whispered back. "When they bring us in, you can work on the translations within the city, they mentioned pictures and the boy said some of them can read. I have a feeling we should get a good look at the all-important Stone the boy mentioned. Could be something more than just a ceremonial rock, Lieutenant."

She smiled at the boy who had challenged Lt. Mckay. They were kids, best way to make friends with kids was to act like one.

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Mckay slowly lurched over to a sturdy stick in some nearby brush.
                              Mickey gripped the thick but smooth end of the stick. He jogged over to the kid and said "Catch!" and tossed the stick over

He found a similair stick in the same brush pile picking it up and tossed it between hands flipping it and spinning it trying to look skilled but he ended up dropping it. He picked it up, with an embarassed look burned onto his face.

"Show me what you got!"
                              Hopefully this one doesn't break...

Comment

With a mischeivious look on his face, Jadyn smirked as he twirled the stick in his hand with ease, "Watch and learn Benal, AND all of you, let the games begin!"

Without a moments hesitation, Jadyn striked at Mckay who seems to be surprised at his speed. They parred each others strokes, Jadyn can tell that McKay wasn't a bad fighter....but he was about to be surprised, there was a reason why Jadyn was chosen to guard the gates.

Comment

Working...
                                X