Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

((If theres a DHD why does it spin?))

Comment

Stevens' GDO showed the go-ahead from alpha site. "MacDoreign, you go first. Gaius and Sophrus, follow her and I'll take your six." They stepped into the wormhole.

((all to control room))
      "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
      " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
      Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

((from Control Room))

Major Stevens came out first, entering first and ahead of her team. The gate was in a small clearing surrounded by equatorial jungle. She stepped away from the event horizon, making room for the three people behind her. 'Reminds me of Brazil.' She raised the P-90, ready for any hostile actions.
        "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
        " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
        Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

((From Control Room))

Kari stepped out of the gate on the other side and found herself in a jungle-like planet.

"Yep...trees, trees, and more trees." Kari said as she glanced her surroundings, "That's just great. I wonder why are all the planets so homogeniuos." She sighed.

"Tibet is not a contact information, it's a country. Why not just write Earth while you're at it, incase anyone needs to know where Tibet is?"- Ingrid from Uptown Girls

Comment

Stevens let her P-90 lower slightly. They hadn't been attacked as soon as they came through, so she could lower her guard, a little. But this was still an unknown and presumed hostile environment. "Look at this way, Captain, it looks like South America instead of North America, anyway."

She took a step down the platform the gate was on. Everything had the look of nature reclaiming her own. Plants and vines had overgrown the steps, and a healthy growth surrounded the DHD. "I'm not the anthropologist, but I don't think humans have been near the gate in a while. The flora's moved back in."

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

"I'll have to clear some of it to get a look at the structures," Ka'te said, "I'll let you get your samples first, though. And I'll try not to destroy it; the dark blue vines over there are really pretty."

Lt. Colonel Jason Richardson/Major Jen Stevens Shipper
              Lt. Colonel Jim Anderson/Major Kate Howard Shipper

"Tir gan teanga, tir gan anam." -Gaelic Proverb
              (A country without a language, a country without a soul.)

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

"Thanks for the consideration, Lieutenant, when you pull some of the vines, do it carefully. Climbing planets put micro-roots into surfaces, part of your inscription could come off with the plant." Stevens went to the DHD, checking it over and examining the plants that had clustered around it.

Some were shrubs, others had vined up it and over, including a specimen of the dark blue vine. "You have a very weird idea of what chlorophyll is, don't you?" She talked to the plant as she freed a long tendril that had curled around the center jewel of the DHD and pulled enough to the outer edge of the rings of buttons, then cutting and putting the tendril in a clear plastic specimen case.

"Crescent, take point; Mckay, watch our six. Let's head to Rock Vegas and see what was left behind."

Thoroughly concealed in a tree, a small person watched everything in awe, the splash of water, big people coming from it. When they headed toward the Place, he followed squirrel-like through the trees.

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Being born into a police family, Kari has always got a good sense of the enviroments around her and she has a gut feeling that someone or something is following them.

Kari voiced the concerns to her teammates, "Guys, I have a feeling that we're being followed." Taking the point of the group, Kari held her hand up, signaling to stop, then she said to Stevens, "Should we do something, sir?"

Glancing her surroundings, Kari sensed the prescence even more than before. This time she's sure that someone is hiding. Tightening the hold on her P-90, Kari warned, "We're not alone."

"Tibet is not a contact information, it's a country. Why not just write Earth while you're at it, incase anyone needs to know where Tibet is?"- Ingrid from Uptown Girls

Comment

Stevens swept the area visually. "Keep an eye out, we won't start anything if they don't. Let's keep moving, but be ready if the fur flies." She shifted the P-90.

They knew he was there, so much for secret observation. The kid's pudgy hand grabbed a triangular object from a knothole in the tree. He pushed a jewel-like button on its top. "This is Benal, we got grooples at the tranrin. They know I'm here, I'm going to watch from the open." Benal dropped from his tree, landing like the ten-year-old virtuoso climber he was. He had sandy-colored hair, freckles, blue eyes and a small wiry build. Clothes were light rough-hewn material.

He didn't know what grooples did, only knew them from pictures on the walls of Place. But these were definitely grooples, no question about it.
                    Last edited by DragonGate; 24 April 2006, 12:59 PM.

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

The idea of her first mission with someone already following them wasn't Kari's idea of a good introduction. She hated secret prescences, and the dangers that she can't see, she hated those even worse.

Wiping some sweat off her forehead, Kari heard a soft thud, not so loud, but the sound of someone landing on the ground, she was sure, and she immedaitely turned her P-90 to the direction of the sound, ready to shoot.

Comment

Benal trotted out to the open, close enough to really see the grooples. "Wow . . . you're big!" He was looking at the blonde woman, sort of reminded him of his mom with her golden hair.

Then he noticed her weapon. "I'm harmless, groople, you can lower the defvice. Did you really come out of the tranrin? Oh, I'm Benal of Place, I'm ten rotations old, I think, and I like to climb trees. Do you like to climb trees? A tree tried to eat me once, it's a cool story. You see, I tried to put my comvice in a knothole and-" he stopped when he noticed the aggravated look on the redhaired one's face. "Anyway, welcome to Harvarla, I'm Benal. I think I already said that, though." He shook his shaggy sand-colored hair.

The redhead's weapon lowered. "Lower your weapons, kids, it's just the village chatterbox. Good call on detecting him though, Crescent."
                        Last edited by DragonGate; 25 April 2006, 08:36 PM.

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Kari stood frozen when she saw the boy, Benal. He had looked so much like her little brother Davy when he was young, the resemblence was uncanny. Caught in a wave of memories, Kari only heard the Major say, "Crescent."

"Yes sir?" Kari said automatically.

Comment

Stevens gestured towards Kari's P-90. "You can lower your weapon, Motormouth doesn't look like he's going to slaughter us." She stepped forward to introduce her team to Benal, pointing to each person in turn. "I'm Jen, that's Kari, Ka'te and Mickey. We're explorers formerly of a place called Earth. Are there any adults, er, 'grooples' around?"

Benal shook his head. "Nope, you're the first grooples I've ever seen. What's Earth like? Is it fun? What do you do? What's exploring? Can I explore, too?" Benal trotted right up to SG-5, he wanted to check out all the neat things the grooples had. "Your decoments are shiny, can I see 'em? Your neck decoment looks like parts of the Stone, Kari. You wanna see it, I'll take you guys back to Place, the other kids won't believe me if I don't have you that I saw grooples."

Stevens raised an eyebrow. "Others? Dear god, we've stumbled on the Planet of the Feral Munchkins."

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Kari lowered her weapon and got down to one knee, on an eye to eye level with Benal. She smiled and asked, “Of course, Benal, you can explore with us.” Patting the boy on the shoulder, “You want to see what I’m holding?” Benal nodded. Kari turning on the safety, Kari handed the P-90 to Benal with a warning, “Just hold and look at it, Benal, don’t touch anything without asking me, okay?” Benal held the gun with fascination.

Kari smiled, she remembered how Davy had that exact same look on his face when she got him the model airplane for Christmas a long time ago. Kari chuckled and ruffled Benal hair affectionately, "I don't feral is the word to describe him."

Comment

McKay playfully started humming the Lolly-Pop guild song.
                                "Sorry...Hey kid, Look at this"
                                Mckay pulled his iPod out of his pack
                                "Here-"
                                Mickey handed the music player to the scruff

((OOC: Immmm Ba-ack))

Comment

Working...
                                X