No announcement yet.

SG5 Missions Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benal kept his finger out of the trigger guard, knowing enough about weapon designs from what the Harvarlans had. He practiced sighting it, played with the light. "We have defvices, too, but yours are probably more powerful."

He grabbed onto the iPod, "It's like my comvice," he produced the triangular object for their inspection. "We use it to talk to each other, everybody's got one." He pushed the comvice into Kari's hand, then stuck an earbud in one ear. "It's close to mideal time, are you hungry? We've got food at Place, but I don't know if it's enough for grooples, you're awful big."

Stevens was mildly amused by half the team's fascination with the native boy. "We'll come back to Place with you, but we have our own food; there's been bad experiences. Crescent, kindly retrieve your weapon and we'll follow our pint-sized native guide."

The boy blinked. "What's a pint?"
    "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
    " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
    Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

"Ask your father"
      Mckay commented playfully.
      Mckay continued as did the rest of his team.

Comment

Taking her P-90 back and holding the comvice Benal placed in her hand, Kari followed behind Benal.

"So tell me Benal," Kari asked, "How many rotations old are the oldest of your people?"

(((OOC:Welcome back McKay.....about time....FINALLY!!!!...........Did you fall into the toilet?)))

"Tibet is not a contact information, it's a country. Why not just write Earth while you're at it, incase anyone needs to know where Tibet is?"- Ingrid from Uptown Girls

Comment

Benal plucked a long piece of emerald-green grass and chewed it like straw while leading SG-5.

"Nobody's sure how old they actually are, I think I'm ten rotations, but some of the others are more like grooples than me. We remember the grooples, though, my mom looked like you, I have her hair. Tejara and Eckos look the oldest, they lead Place, where I live. It's stone and crumbling a little, but it's big and a lot of us live there. And there's The Stone, at the center of Place. It's important, we don't why, but it is. Grooples are gathered around it in the pictures on the walls, that's how we know it's important." The lad nodded wisely, apparently the logic made perfect sense to him.

At the jungle's edge, there was the remnants of a stone path, little more than stones here and there that somewhat made a pathway. "We'll follow the pathway, it leads to Place. Watch out for the gorga trees, they'll try and eat you, just like the one I tried to put my comvice in the knothole." Above them, branches waved in a way that had nothing to do with the wind.
          "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
          " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
          Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

The trees moved, but it was no wind moving them, Kari decided to just calm down this time, but tightened the grip on her P-90 just to be sure.

"May I ask where are all the grooplees?" Kari catch up to Benal, walking beside him, "You said about your mother, why is she not here, if you don't mind me asking."

"Tibet is not a contact information, it's a country. Why not just write Earth while you're at it, incase anyone needs to know where Tibet is?"- Ingrid from Uptown Girls

Comment

Benal gave an aggravated sigh. "I said you're the first grooples I've ever seen, we don't know where they went, they're just gone. We can remember 'em, but they've never been around. Not for more than ten rotations, anyway. But we kids get by on our own, we've got all the stuff the grooples left behind and we uses it." He nodded his head to empathise how they got by on their own.

Stevens shook her head. "If this doesn't go against the standard theory that young cannot survive without adults to care for them. A social system constructed by a bunch of Huck Finns."

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

"I'm sorry about that.....it's just not everyday that kids live on their own without adults around." Kari said, "But I always said that kids can just as capable as adults."

"You know, you remind me of my little brother, he's like you in so many ways." Kari smiled at Benal.

Comment

((Sorry I've been gone- finals week))

Ka'te had been intently listening to Benal as she typed, what would have been a furious speed for most. As she allowed her transposition program to identify the syntactic structure of the language samples from the rock inscriptions, she turned to look at the boy. He had the same big eyes as her cousin, Kasei, had in the picture she carried from when they were about Benal's age at the zoo.
                  She had noticed that Benal spoke a dialect of Latin-based English that most offworld teams could understand, though the inscriptions were clearly different.

"Benal, do you know how to read these symbols? It doesn't look like anyone has looked at them in a long time."

Lt. Colonel Jason Richardson/Major Jen Stevens Shipper
                  Lt. Colonel Jim Anderson/Major Kate Howard Shipper

"Tir gan teanga, tir gan anam." -Gaelic Proverb
                  (A country without a language, a country without a soul.)

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

((OOC: No problem, finals are a *****, full sympathies.))

His eyes got bright. "I know my ABC's, you wanna hear 'em? A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L--"
                    Stevens interrupted the recitation. "You know the alphabet, that's nice, but can you read words?"
                    "I can't, but some of the other kids can. I look at the pictures, they have information in them, like about The Stone."

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

((WHAT!!!))
                      Mckay found a thick-short stick and offered it Benal
                      "Here kid"
                      Mckay found another and picked it up.
                      "Come on, Let's swordfight!"

Comment

Benal grabbed the stick, eyes gleamed playfully. Maybe if he won, he could keep the iPod. "On guard!" He swung at Mckay's knees, seeking to knock the man over.

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Mckay blocked the stick with his.
                          "Nice try!"
                          Mckay went to his the boy's stick but broke his own
                          With only the oak hilt left
                          Mckay bowed surrendering to the boy

Comment

Benal used his stick like a cane. "Since I won, can I keep it?" He tapped the ear bud. A rustle in the trees made him glance up. A pair of faceted jewel-like eyes were looking back. "It's a dija, any of you got food, I might be able to lure it down to us."

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

"Yeah you can have it, But you have to take use to that stone"
                              Mckay saw the eyes.
                              "here's some"
                              Mckay tossed a MRE pack to the kid

Comment

Benal tore open the MRE package and started squirming up the tree trunk to get closer, to lure it down with the food.

Stevens sighed. But they should nice with the natives and she had a better method for catching it. "How big a creature is it, Benal?"

"Not big, about this big." Benal held his hands a foot apart, while gripping the tree trunk with his legs.

Stevens sloughed off her pack, unloading the disassembled small animal trap. She snapped the black wire slats together, "Hand me the package, Benal."
                                Curious, the boy jumped down and gave her the MRE. She opened some of the packets that didn't need the cooking element in the package and placed them at the back of the trap. "When it goes in after them, the door will slam shut and it'll be trapped. The door can be opened from the outside to get it out."

"Neat!" Benal glanced up at the dija, which hadn't moved from the branch. "Let's head to Place, then, I'll show you The Stone and you can join us for mideal." Benal trotted down the path, the adults following.

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Working...
                                X