No announcement yet.

Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Oh yeah, work can wait." Devin smiled. "It can wait for plenty of things." Nodding as he made a slight toasting motion with his glass, "Like you, if anything in this world is so deserving of putting off work."

((There was a mis-comm there, I have some time left.))

Comment

Kylie blushed slightly as she raised her coffee cup in response. "If there was anything that could keep me in a permanent state of procrastination, then it would be you." She bit her lip thinking about what she had just said. "Um, maybe, we shouldn't be thinking about this here. Public eyes, and all." She really wanted to drag Devin back to her quarters just now, but knew that it wouldn't be the smartest thing in the galaxy for the two of them to do. Then agian, maybe work does have its purposes after all. She finished the last bite of food on her plate and met Devin's eyes in a silent question of what they should do next.
      Dear Journal
      My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Devin swallowed, that look in her eye told him everything. "Yeah, procrastination and all." Staring over across the table, Devin tried to say something but failed miserably. After half a minute of blubbering, Devin managed, "Maybe we shouldn't be talking on that line of subject."

Comment

Kylie took several deep breaths. Think, Kylie, think, and NOT about Devin. She mentally conjugated a few latin verbs, before regaining her voice. "So, um, you, ah, you never did tell me what your favorite novel is." She tried prompting the man across from her into a subject change.
          Dear Journal
          My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

"Er, well, I like plenty of novels." Devin stammered, trying to order his thoughts into neat logical lines. "Most of them science fiction and some fantasy to round it out." Then looking about the room, Devin tugged on his collar and asked, "Say, did it just get hot in here? Say several tens or hundreds of degrees?"

((NOW I have to go. Cheery-bye!))
            Last edited by Vampyr; 15 July 2007, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Kylie rubbed a few beads of sweat off the back of her own neck. "Um, yeah it is a little toasty." She desperately tried to think of something, anything, that would keep the thoughts now invading her mind at bay. She wished for a moment that...it might just work. She opened her mouth to find out what Devin thought about the idea. "24, 12, 32, 22, 11, 34" She recited the numbers quickly, and in one breath.

((EDIT: Oh, fine, leave now Good night. ))
              Last edited by JacksonMiracle; 15 July 2007, 08:35 PM.
              Dear Journal

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonMiracle View Post
                [Capt. Carol "CJ" Johannson]

CJ groaned to herself for saying the words out loud. "Good, I'll, uh, keep that in mind." She swallowed hard, not wanting anyone who could see them to be able to figure out what the two talking about. She wanted to leave just as soon as they had told Kylie about the Renim, give her a few days to figure it out while they were off in Foreston. She didn't say anything further aloud, but met Robert's eyes in a meaningful look. He really is gorgeous. She looked back at her plate after a moment and forced herself to take another bite of food, but she couldn't taste it since she was still admiring Robert.
                Robert nodded, gazing at the woman across from him. He couldn't stop thinking about how attractive she was, but still managed to get out a few words. "Right. Yes. Of course." As she met his eyes, Robert felt that urge return. Again, he fought back the urge to kiss her. Looking down at his own pile of food, he realized that he hadn't actually taken a single bite. He knew his appetite had about gone down the drain when he had entered the mess hall and spotted CJ. "So, ahh, we should probably tell Stevens about the Renim before we, ahh, go." He wondered briefly if CJ had already thought of that before he had gathered himself up to actually say it.

Comment

[Capt. Carol "CJ" Johannson]

CJ wrinkeled her brow in confusion for a moment trying to understand Robert's words. Stevens....Renim.... She finally knew what he was trying to say. She cleared her throat again. "Yes, we, um, we should, of course." She tried to focus on something else, and simply chose to stare at her half eaten plate of food. She knew she would probably never finish it. "I, uh, I should, uh, probably head on down to the labs, in case she tries to call." The words were distant, and she made no move to leave the table.
                  Dear Journal

Comment

Robert managed another nod. "Yeah. I should grab my computer tablet. I left it in my, ahh," He froze in front of the next word. "...Quarters." He placed his hands on the table in a move to get up, but found himself unable, still gazing at CJ, transfixed.

Comment

((Ok, ok, one more quicky))

CJ's head snapped up to look at Robert. She looked at him for a full minute. Only one word had reached her ears. Quarters. "Computer tablet, right. I'll see you in the lab then." It wasn't a question, but her voice had suddenly become very high pitched, eventhough she was still talking quietly, if that was even possible. She still made no move to get up, and saw Robert was also having trouble moving.
                      Dear Journal

Comment

CJ returned her gaze to him. Robert was sure he knew why. He had mentioned his quarters. He had tried not to, but he had. Now, he couldn't stop thinking about the two of them there. "Ah, yeah. The, umm, labs it is," he replied vaguely, not sure if what he'd said even made sense. His lower lip trembled; it was getting harder to resist her. CJ remained there, and he came to realize that she must have been having the same problem.
                        Last edited by Oranos; 16 July 2007, 01:30 PM.

Comment

"Okayy, uh." Devin muttered, going through the motions of trying to figure out the six symbols. However it became blindingly obvious that he wasn't attempting to solve the string when his gaze slipped from Kylie's face to her chest.
                          Last edited by Vampyr; 16 July 2007, 02:03 PM.

Comment

CJ knew that she would have to be the one to get up and leave the table first when all Robert could do was repeat her words. She mustered up the same mindset that she had once used when it became impossible her to leave Logan one morning. I'll see him again. Hopefully in Foreston, where we don't have to really worry about regs.... She kept her eyes transfixed to Robert's for another second, before swallowing hard and taking a deep breath. She nodded once and unable to speak another word, rose from the table and started to walk toward the door. You have no idea how hard this is Robert. I'm thinking we should leave tonight. She silently apologized to him for having to seperate herself from his presence. This is way more than just a simple crush. The thought almost made her turn around, but she kept moving forward. Don't look back, don't look back, don't look back.

She ducked into the empty stairwell, instead of taking the elevator to the science labs. But instead of starting to move toward the first step she stood just inside the door, taking deep steady breaths to calm her pounding heart. After a few long minutes she began to move toward the first stair.

<<To Science Lab>>
                            Last edited by JacksonMiracle; 16 July 2007, 04:30 PM.
                            Dear Journal

Comment

Kylie felt her heart come to an abrupt stop as she followed Devin's eyes to her chest. Was he really.....? "Devin...." Her voice was a little shakey as the only thing she managed to say was his name. If we're going to do this, then we should probably head back to my quarters. NOW! The thought was desperate, but she couldn't move, she was frozen to the spot, as her own eyes started to roam over Devin's body. Love was still a new feeling for her and she didn't quite know how to react to it just then.
                              Dear Journal

Comment

Robert could only watch helplessly as CJ gathered the strength to leave the table. He could feel the urge to rush after her. It was working its way through his body and he used every ounce of will power he had to fight it. 'Stop. Not now.' He closed his eyes, trying to find anything else to occupy his mind. It didn't work, not really, but he could recall his original plan to head to his quarters and grab his computer tablet. He rose to his feet, finding them to be unsteady from their encounter. Glaring down at the floor, he prayed that none of this seemed too odd to anyone watching. He marched out, taking short, steady steps, simply concentrating on the ground. Nothing else existed. Still, though, the images of CJ flooded his mind. 'I just have to make it to my quarters. Just there.' He demanded this of himself. Forced himself.

<<To Quarters>>

Comment

Working...
                                X