No announcement yet.

Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Uh, yeah?" Devin asked in return, his gaze still transfixed by Kylie's chest. "You know," He said, unable to move his eyes, "I'm thinking we should get out of here before one of us can't take the tension any more." Here is a bad place, a very bad place to be doing this. Leaving might not be a bad idea.

Comment

Kylie breathing had already become rather slow and deep. "Yeah, I, uh, I agree." She gave Devin a slight smile for making the suggestion, but knew that he couldn't see it since his gaze was still not directed at her face. "I should probably get to the labs and find out what CJ and Hughes needed my help on." She really hoped that Devin would agree and decide that he needed to do something else as well. But part of her wanted him to protest, to take her to his quarters, and...... She cut off the thought before it had a chance to fully form in her mind.
      Dear Journal
      My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

"Yes," Devin managed a pained smile and averted his gaze, "let's do that shall we?" The thoughts of Kylie in Devin's head were driving him crazy, he just wanted to- no. It could wait for a better time, if she didn't want to... Devin got up slowly and made his way over to Kylie. Okay, let's see if you can get her to the labs without incident.

<To Science Labs>

Comment

Kylie attempted to conjugate a few more Latin verbs in her head as Devin pushed her to the elevators, but nothing she tried seemed to get her mind off of Devin. She simply relaxed and let him do the work as the two traveled toward the labs. She didn't think that she would have the will power to keep the wheelchair moving in her current state of mind. Maybe they have a really cool translation or something for me. Anything else to occupy my mind.

<<To Science Labs>>
          Dear Journal
          My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

<<From Science Labs>>

Stepping off the elevator and into the mess hall, CJ immediently made her way over to the coffee machines and fixed herself a large mug of the dark brew, adding a little extra sugar to the mix. She sat down at a table with Robert as far away from the few other lurkers in the mess as possible.
            Dear Journal

Comment

<<From Science Lab>>

Taking a seat on the opposite side of the table from CJ, Robert couldn't help but think how familiar this situation felt. Running through the list in his head, he went over just what had happened. Besides the overwhelming urge to kiss her, there was also the intense images, the inability to leave her..., He wondered just how many of those would occur again here. "So, ahh, how's your work coming?"

Comment

CJ sipped at her coffee before answering Robert's question. "Same as usual I suppose. Monotonuos, yet intriguing. If that makes any sense whatsoever." She was quiet for a moment. Then taking a deep breath, began the story that she had promised herself that she would talk to Robert about at some point. "I don't think that it would be very fair of me to not tell you about something if we're going to go ahead with this whole Foreston thing." She double checked to be sure that no one else was listening to their conversation. "I mentioned that I have been engaged before. His name was Logan. And I think that you deserve to hear the whole story. If you want to that is?" She framed it as a question and waited for Robert's response before continuing.

((Ok, need to go to bed now. Back in morning. ))
                Dear Journal

Comment

Robert raised an eyebrow. "At least you can get work done. Me? Not so much." The comment didn't need more detail. He couldn't keep his mind off of her and CJ knew it. He'd admitted as much earlier. It wasn't long before CJ began laying the foundations for her story. "I'd like to hear about this," he replied, waiting for her to continue.

((Yeah. Same here.))

Comment

CJ took a deep shuddering breath, trying to distance herself emotionally before telling the story. She knew that otherwise she would end up in tears by the end of it. And if she cried, she wouldn't be able to resist the temptation to throw herself into Robert's arms to seek comfort. "Logan and I were dating pretty steadily for nearly three years before he proposed. I had been waiting for that day for so long, so I accepted and three weeks later, I had moved into his apartment. We started looking for a house, before we even talked about a date for the wedding. Then, I got called away on that SAR mission I told you about. It was a really, really difficult mission, and the whole time I was so scared that I wouldn't make it back in time to marry Logan. I was running on pure adrenline for close to four days, before we got back to friendly territory. I had multiple internal injuries, was in and out of conciousness, and for a while the doctors didn't think I'd pull through." CJ had to take a deep breath, and swallow hard against the building tears, but managed to keep her composure. "Eventually I was well enough to get to travel back to the States. I was still going to have to spend some time in the hospitial, and then do physical therapy. Logan was a constant, always by my side. But I got so discouraged and depressed, and I worried about what would have happened if I hadn't come back, or what if he got hurt. I didn't want to put either of us through that, so I started to push him away. He thought it was just a phase I was going through, and gave me my space. I moved out of his apartment, and gave him back the ring, refusing to even talk to him about it. I had a complete mental and emotional break down. But I kept it all bottled up inside, and wouldn't let anyone in, especially not Logan. Eventually, I was cleared to return to combat duty. After the brass heard about the details of the SAR mission I was promoted to Captain, and offered a position at the SGC. Logan was a thing of the past." CJ was silent for a long moment, staring blankly into outer space as she fought the tears. Part of her worried that Robert would start to regret his crush on her after hearing the story. The other part of her fought to keep the emotional distance from her past that she had developed over time.
                    Dear Journal

Comment

Robert remained silent at the end, uncertain of just what to say. It was another thing he'd never been very good at. It would have been so much easier if he could just hold her in his arms, never let go, giving her the comfort she sought that way. "Yeah, umm, I'm not even going to pretend that I'm very good at this. Sure, it may have been a mistake to push him away. There isn't anything you can do about that now. You have to live in the present. If all you do is live in the past regretting what you have done or what others have done to you, you'll find no enjoyment in the now. The past serves as a reminder of our mistakes, what to do, what not to do. But, the one thing you can never do is dwell on them, for fear that you lose the now. Always remember that things happen for a reason, whether we like them or not." Robert stopped and blinked, surprised at how profound he had been. It was something he was not at all accustomed to.

((Damn. Channeling Hughes on his little spiel was the most work I've spent on writing here in the RP. I think I changed it like twenty flipping times.))

Comment

Robert's kind words echoed in CJ's mind, suddenly becoming too much for her to handle. Never wanting to be the girl caught crying in public, she swallowed convulsively against the pending tears. His words had been everything that she needed to hear, but it was too much for her already fragile heart to digest. Her feelings for Robert had grown tremendously with those words and she knew that now more than ever, she wanted that trip to Foreston. "I...I..." She stammered a few times, trying to keep her composure. Feeling a few drops of wetness hit her cheeks, she stood up from the table. "Excuse me, Lt." She hurried out of the mess hall and into the nearest restroom.

[Restroom]

CJ slumped to the floor against the furthest wall from the door. She drew her knees close against her chest, and buried her face in them. She cried until she could cry no more. The tears had never felt so good, and they left only hiccups in their wake. She continued to cry for several long minutes, alone in the deserted restroom.
                        Dear Journal

Comment

Hoping that his words had been enough, he was completely surprised when CJ asked to be excused. 'Did I say something wrong...?' He frowned, caught in an unfamiliar situation, uncertain of just how to proceed. Part of him wanted to rush after her, embrace her. The other half felt it best to give her some space. In the end, he just sat there, staring out into space.

Comment

[Restroom]

CJ wiped the back of her hand roughly across her eyes as the last of her tears fell. Finally re-gaining control of her emotions, she stood and splashed some cold water on her face to help the reddness to die down. Should she return to the mess and tell Robert that she suddenly felt her nose starting to run, and she had to go get a kleenex? But what if he had saw her starting to cry before she left? Should she just head back to the lab and hope that it wouldn't be too akward when he returned? She debated her options for several minutes. Finally she decided that it would be best to react like any good military woman would. To face the issue head on, and take it like an adult. She took one more look at herself in the mirror and released the breath that she had been holding.

Walking back into the mess hall, CJ worked to ensure that her expression remained completely nuetral just in case anyone had been watching when she had made her not so normal exit. "Sorry, Lt." She said in an even voice as she re-took her seat at the table. "I, um, I felt a sneeze coming on, and needed to find a kleenx." It was a lie and she knew it, but she couldn't tell him that she had run off because his words had been the kindest, most gentle, thing she had ever heard in her life, and the truest, and it had caused her internal walls to break and for the emotion to pour out, emotion that she wasn't ready to show anyone yet, emotion that had to be dealt with in private. She knew by the look on his face that he could tell she was lying and that he thought she had offended him. She had to say something, anything to banish that thought from his mind. "Thank you for what you said before my sneeze attack. It meant a lot." She hoped that the words, no matter how inadequately expressed told Robert everything that he needed to know. But if not the honesty and greatfullness in her eyes would hopefully tell the rest of the story.
                            Dear Journal

Comment

Robert spotted CJ as soon as she entered the mess hall. She took her seat, attributing her leave to a sneeze. He saw right through the excuse. He had noticed the tears before she had rushed out, but he chose not to press the issue. It still left the problem that he might have said something wrong, but that was quickly dismissed when CJ thanked him for his spiel. He grinned. "Hey, ahh, no problem. You helped me out before; I'm just glad I could return the favor."

Comment

<From Quarters>

Rachael walked into the mess hall, it look like normal. Leave it the military to get the food place running in no time. To bad they couldn't do anything about the food. She looked around the room seeing several people who she knew. She saw Captain Johannson sitting with a Lt.

She glanced in her general direction and smiled at her. She than slipped into the back "Swason," she said.

He came up from the storage room, "What can i do for you Dr?'

"I am going on a forced leave for the next day and a half. I was wondering if i could just get a few things. I am making a trip to Foreston, figured I would take my time perhaps eat on the way." Rachael said trying not to give anything away.

Swason looked at her, "Sure you are, what do you need?"

Rachae pulled out a list, "Just these few things."

Swason looked at the list, "Give about ten minutes i will have this stuff ready for you. Go have seat, get some coffee."

"Alright." Rachael said and turned around to go back to the dining room, she glanced over at the coffee pot and couldn't resist the urge to get a cup. She poured a large cup. And than took a seat at the table near CJ, she smiled at the woman.

sigpic
                                Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Working...
                                X