Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Random SF]

The SF was unfazed by Devin's apparent maliciousness, he had seen it before, empty threats that never followed through on action. "Yeah, snake boy, you're understood, but that doesn't change anything. If it happens on this base, it's everyone's business. We just wanted to let you know that if you ever get tired of that linguist chick of yours, you can send her our way. We'll show her a real good time." The SF smirked once more and backtracked over to his own table, leaving Devin alone for the time being. The geek wasn't worth his time and effort in the SF's eyes.

[Kylie Stevens]

Kylie had only heard part of the words that had been exchanged between the SF and Devin, but she knew enough to know that Devin's temper wouldn't be as calm the next time someone approached him. The part about offering to take her off of Devin's hands for a bit had bothered her, but she couldn't do much about it right then. She placed her hand on his arm to let him know that she was there for him. "The guy's a jerk Devin, don't listen to him."
    Dear Journal
    My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Robert returned the nod, choosing not to risk anything further. He hated to see CJ go, but he was ready to make some progress on the weapons schematics. It had been a long time coming. He'd even spent time in the infirmary to get access to them.

Turning to leave, he noticed what looked like a confrontation between Doctor Almodeus and one of the airman. Starting to head over, he stopped. Narrowing his eyes, he attempted to figure out exactly what was happening. He wasn't exactly in the mood to deal with any incidents, but if he had to take action, he would. Fortunately, the airman wandered away. As he left the mess hall, he threw once last look over at Devin's table, in time to catch Kylie placing a hand on Devin's arm and saying something to him.

<<To Quarters>>

Comment

Devin's right eye twitched, just once. "It's not enough to win." Devin said, storing that particular soldier's name in his mind, "All you want left of your enemy is a skull, nailed to a fence post, to show everyone the price of crossing you. I gave you your one warning. Best you don't waste it." Taking several deep breaths, Devin said, "Yeah, I know that guy's an arse, but vindictivity and all." Giving Kylie a hug, Devin told himself he'd not be going anywhere.

Comment

Kylie stiffened at the mumbled words. She wasn't sure how to react to the malice and contempt that was behind them. It scared her and part of her remembered the violence that she had seen in her childhood. She couldn't say anthing, couldn't even think, just replaying the words over and over in her mind. She didn't respond to Devin's hug, hearing the words once more in her head. Skull nailed to a fence post. Part of her wanted to believe that he wouldn't really take that kind of action, but she had seen how upset he could get. Ok, Devin, when we get back, you and I are going to have a little talk about your anger management issues. She promised silently, forcing herself to relax once more.

((EDIT: That's it for me. I'm going to bed. Be back tomorrow at some point.))
          Last edited by JacksonMiracle; 07 July 2007, 09:59 PM.
          Dear Journal
          My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

"It's a quote, just a quote." Devin mumbled, moving his thumbs in a circular motion, massaging Kylie's belly. She was understandably worried, his anger, when it surfaced, made him someone who wasn't fit to be around others. "I wish I didn't do this. But I can't help it." He continued whispering, "I wish I could control it but I can't."

((Edit: Good night then. See you on the flip-side.))

Comment

((OK you two if you are going to come into someone elses story you two have to give them time to post.))

Adria looked up as Kylie came over. "No Kylie you're always welcome." Adria said wondering why they were back eating so soon when they had left only when she had sat down. Then remember that her two team mates had never met before. "Dr. Kylie Ann Stevens meet Master Sergeant Nick Stavin. Dr Kylie here is our team linguist/Anthropologist. If she accepts... So prety much she is our Daniel Jackson. Just hopefuly she wont die as often." Adria said adding the last part with a laugh. Then when the SF came over Adria made a point of getting his name and the name of the SF sitting at his table. <<See if they pull a stunt like that again>> Adria thought.

GWRPG CHARACTERS

Comment

"It's a pleaseure to meet you and I look forward to our first mission together." Nick said giving a slight nod with his head. Nick didn't bother making any comments on the SF, it seems he succeeded in making their conversations more tense. Nick figured that the SF would be scrubbing toilets for a while after this incident.

Nick decided a subject change would be better for all of them."I feel kinda left out here, I'm the only one not banged up on our team." He said smiling slightly.
                Master Sergeant Nick Stavin USMC

Comment

Originally posted by Vampyr View Post
                  "It's a quote, just a quote." Devin mumbled, moving his thumbs in a circular motion, massaging Kylie's belly. She was understandably worried, his anger, when it surfaced, made him someone who wasn't fit to be around others. "I wish I didn't do this. But I can't help it." He continued whispering, "I wish I could control it but I can't."
                  Kylie tried to relax a little more at Devin's touch, and after a few minutes she was no longer as tense. "It's ok." she whispered so that only Devin could hear. "I understand. I just...I couldn't help but to think about...." Her voice trailed off knowing that Devin would be able to complete the sentence on his own. "We'll just have to work on that control of yours."

Originally posted by Planetary_Alliance View Post
                  "Dr. Kylie Ann Stevens meet Master Sergeant Nick Stavin. Dr Kylie here is our team linguist/Anthropologist. If she accepts... So prety much she is our Daniel Jackson. Just hopefuly she wont die as often." Adria said adding the last part with a laugh.
                  Kylie laughed along with Adria. It was an honor for her to be compared to Daniel. Although she knew that she would never be able to accomplish even half the things that Dr. Jackson ever had, it was still flattering. "Don't worry, I don't plan on dying anytime soon. And accepting that offer was actually what I wanted to talk to you about."

Originally posted by Topgun220 View Post
                  "It's a pleaseure to meet you and I look forward to our first mission together." Nick said giving a slight nod with his head.
                  Kylie returned Nick's nod with one of her own. "It's good to meet you too, and I hope I don't disappoint you too much."

Nick decided a subject change would be better for all of them."I feel kinda left out here, I'm the only one not banged up on our team." He said smiling slightly.
                  Kylie couldn't stop the smile from spreading across her lips. She was grateful for the change of subject. "Oh, well, I'm sure that Captian Johnson and I could arrange for you to be caught in the middle of a rock slide so that you don't feel so left out anymore."

She was vaugely aware of Devin's arm still around her waist as she took a sip of water and smiled kindly at the other occupants at the table.
                  Last edited by JacksonMiracle; 08 July 2007, 05:11 PM.
                  Dear Journal

Comment

"And I'd be more than happy to cause some of the electrical wiring to fail when you're nearby." Devin cackled evilly, "Oh, and by the way Sergeant, I'm Doctor Devin Almodeus, head of the science division. I am A: your best chance to get all the nice shiney toys coming out of R&D, B: crazy and C: going out with Kylie here. Pleased to meet you."

((Well. I've gotta head out for an hour or so. Cheery-bye until then.))

Comment

"All these people around that want to harm me, I suddenly feel threatened." He smiled "It's a pleasure to meet you Doctor and I gaurentee you I would want to try out the latest in nice shiny toys that go boom."
                      Master Sergeant Nick Stavin USMC

Comment

<<From Quarters>>

Robert marched into the mess hall, having left it not too long ago. Hefting his computer tablet in his left hand, he grabbed a glass of water with his right. Heading to the nearest open table, he sat down, placing the tablet next to him on the surface of the table. Listening to the soft chatter of the nearby voices, he reviewed the data, as he sipped at his water.

Comment

Kylie blushed and ducked her head slightly when Devin pointed out the obvious fact that the two of them were together. Her first impression of Nick indicated that she would be able to work with him without a problem for as long as they were on the same team. She gave a small smile and chose to remain silent, just listening to the conversation around her.
                          Dear Journal

Comment

Adria was happy that Nick and Kylie were getting along and that there was alot of humor. "You know Racheal's Bro is down on sublevel 10 he would probably help with the rock slide." she said laughing. They have both been caught in one down there. Adria actualy had one rock in her stomach and kylie had been traped in a small space with Racheal for a few hours. When devin made the coment about them going back she shot him a look. She thought that she had made it clear enough that he would have to let her out of his site while the team needed her but so far she hadn't seen the two apart. <<Guess i'll have to talk to them both again>> she thought laughing to herself. She did though have to admit that he was right. Any new weapons would have to come from his lab or be found off world and curently off world wasn't an option. "Ok Devin no rubbing it in that you are smart." She said laughing and then turning to Kylie. "How long till you think your going to be up and about again cause i want to do start a practicing as a team up in the moutian to the north?"

GWRPG CHARACTERS

Comment

Lifting the glass to his lips to take another sip, he almost dropped the cup when he reviewed the newest stream of data. Carefully setting it back on the table, he allowed his eyes to widen slightly as he practically jumped to his feet. He charged out of the mess hall with a new destination: the science lab in order to verify his newest find.

<<To Science Lab>>

((Yeah. So what if Hughes is playing musical rooms. ))

Comment

Kylie thought for a minute, and did some quick calculations in her head. "Well, I plan on going to see Dr. Steele in a little bit and try to talk her into letting me move to crutches, but broken bones don't heal overnight. It's still going to be a couple weeks before they'll take the cast off." She was eager to start working as a team too, but knew better than to believe that Dr. Steele would let her do any heavy training until she got her cast off. "I'd be glad to do whatever I can around base with the two of you until then." She ended on an optimistic note, not wanting Adria to think that she wasn't going to put her full effort into the team. Devin would understand, he had to.
                                Dear Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X