• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
    <USS Daedalus Central Hangar>

{Admiral William MacGregor} {Colonel Stephen Caldwell}NPC

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the Hammond and Daedalus Wings." Stephen said emphasising the first with a touch of sarcasm, he knew that there were a few he'd have on his report later on. "Staragte Commands Fleet Officer, Admiral William MacGregor will now brief you on this auspicious occasion, saving Earth and possibly the galaxy. So listen up!"

Will suppressed a grimace and leaned over to his friend. "A little over the top isn't it Stephen?" He said quietly then turned to face the assembled pilots. Ground crews stood in and around the aircraft, some sitting on the wings for a better view.

"At ease all of you." The Admiral had a tradition from his days as a CAG himself and he wasn't about to break with tradition now. He handed a box he had brought with him to one of the stewards, opened it himself and drew out two large havana's one for himself and one for Caldwell he offered it over and told the steward to pass them around. He stuck his and his mouth, but would not light up until everyone had their own.

((OOC I will wait an appropite time for you all to sit and take your stogie, at which point the Admiral and Caldwell will light up. If your character is non smoker like the Admiral, you just don't inhale like Clinton))

1st Lt. Royce Sprills, Callsign Tank.

Tank sat down and glanced anxiously at the box making its way around. He found the habbit to be purely disgusting and a distruction of one's mind, body, and soul. He did not like the taste either and was really nervous around his collegues that did partake in the habbit. He took it and sort of looked at it before offering it to Karina who was next to him. Figuring that she might want it, and he needed to concentrate on the mission.
    [
    Spoiler:
    QUOTE=squirrely1;12108399]

1st Lt. Royce Sprills, Callsign Tank {Karina "Starbreaker" Thracen}

It didn't take long for Karina to be distracted by the Bulky Tank who was now seemingly cursing the chairs around him and nimbly trying to stand at attention without causing too much of a scene...but failing miserably. She snorted under her breath and whispered out toward him, "Hey Tank..... you ok? Or do I need to send back up?" She fought hard to suppress the giggle that was forming in her throat but she didn't dare draw attention to herself again....not now anyway. She glanced over at him to see his displeasure and confusion but somehow found him to be so endearing. She continues with a whisper, "I mean seriously....where were you 5 minutes ago.... I could've used a distraction like that?!" She realized at this point she was pushing it again so she snapped back to attention and tried to give her most serious look toward the Admiral.

{Admiral William MacGregor} {Karina "Starbreaker" Thracen}

"At ease all of you."

Immediately Karina went limp and plopped back down into her seat. She felt exhausted all of a sudden and knew it was probably because of her face off with Connor. She stayed quiet but bounced her eyes around the room trying to find him amongst the crowd. She did feel it too.....there was always something ....a pull toward him but then again something inside her wanted to be at odds with him as if constantly testing the waters. She didn't dare try and figure it out...all she knew was that she felt just a little sick right now and maybe the stoogie would help. She grabbed one as the box passed by her and as she quickly unwrapped it she found him.....Connor....across the room. He immediately glanced at her as if he knew she tagged him with her eyes. Time seemed to still for moment as they stared at one another it was probably only a very brief moment but time always stopped when she connected with him that way. She shrugged and gave him an almost imperceptible smile as if to inquire if they were still "OK". She hated when she pissed someone off just before a mission...especially him.....not knowing if she will have the chance to correct her blunder later. she always felt that later was never promised in their business....the only thing she was sure of was here and now...and she hoped they could have at least one kind word before they launched.

She got back to business, swiped the fat boy under her nose, sniffing it and grinned almost manically as she chewed off the end to prep it for fire. "Hey who has the lighter? Get a move on people we don't have all day here!"

{Hammond Wing - Foxtrot/Blue Leader}[/QUOTE]

he found it hard not to smirk at the officer next to him, and only succeeded in making it a small smirk. And then he nodded to her whimsically. "Sorry, I forgot to set my alarm clock...well for Zulu time...it is actually lucky I woke up when I did...I always had a good danger sense. So in short, I did not get the sleep that I thought I would get, and I arrived a little late." He chuckled again. "Actually I probably could have been but I wanted to arrive properly groomed."

Comment

Spoiler:
      Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
      {1st Lt. Ange "Spook" Darkness}

"Oh boy." Ange raised her eyebrows and winced. "Dragon.." She swiveled her head and in doing so her band slipped off her hair sending in disarray...again. "Captain, I am soo sorry, did I wake you??" She had to smile again and her jaw was getting tired from overworking it so early in the piece. But she liked him, steady and calm, he always managed to be a good influence on her, most of the time anyway.

{Red Echo Flight leader. Lead adversary instructor for both Wings. }

{Captain Danny Chang *Dragon*}

Danny sat down and waited for the box to reach him. "Yes, you did" He whispered back to her, pretending to be calmly angry.
      He took his havana and waited for the lighter without saying a word. He had never smoked, he didn't want to ruin his lungs. "Better to die fighting in space than in a hospital bed". He considered it a silly tradition, but he knew how important it is for those who risk their life everyday.
      {Hammond wing }
      sigpic
      Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

{Captain Alexey Titarenko "Maestro"}{Lieutenant Sergey Alexandrov "Grasshopper"}

Both Russians sat down and waited for the box to make it round. Alexey noticed his wingman watching at Ange covertly and sighed, reaching for cigar. Both of them smoke, but this time the boy wasn't going to and he did wise as havanas weren't your cigarettes and his inexperienced lungs would just explode. Titarenko lighted the cigar and enjoyed it.

{Daedalus}
        Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JosephGracey View Post
          {1st Lt. Ange "Spook" Darkness} {Lt. James "Highlander" Tierney}

James turned to Ange. "It's no different than any other day in space." James smiles then turns his head back.

{Deadulus wing Red Delta flight reader}
          {1st Lt. Ange Darkness}

"It'll be a walk in the park Jimmy, we'll be home sipping lagers before we know it." Ange said softly knowing in her heart that some may not be, but she prayed it would be otherwise.

Originally posted by clauz89 View Post

{Captain Danny Chang *Dragon*}

Danny sat down and waited for the box to reach him. "Yes, you did" He whispered back to her, pretending to be calmly angry.
          He took his havana and waited for the lighter without saying a word. He had never smoked, he didn't want to ruin his lungs. "Better to die fighting in space than in a hospital bed". He considered it a silly tradition, but he knew how important it is for those who risk their life everyday.
          {Hammond wing }
          Ange took the offered cigar and thanked the steward and watched carefully as the others took various degrees of ambiguity to the brown sweet smelling stogie. Starbreaker and Spook had become quite the officiandos of the Havana and at every card game it was madatory, filling the officers mess on Hammond with the plumes. Connor hated it and it was a reason for them to do it all the more so. She pulled out her 'SGC' Zippo lighter, flicked the knurl and lit the end of the cigar. Puffing contentedly large plumes until she managed a perfectly respectable ring. Once she was satisfied of that she sat and stretched her legs and relaxed. "Next time I'll set the alarm for you Danny, just so you can get my coffee." She smiled as she elbowed him just enough to knock his own arm of his side rest.

Originally posted by Vagabond Serpent View Post
          {Captain Alexey Titarenko "Maestro"}{Lieutenant Sergey Alexandrov "Grasshopper"}

Both Russians sat down and waited for the box to make it round. Alexey noticed his wingman watching at Ange covertly and sighed, reaching for cigar. Both of them smoke, but this time the boy wasn't going to and he did wise as havanas weren't your cigarettes and his inexperienced lungs would just explode. Titarenko lighted the cigar and enjoyed it.

{Daedalus}
          Ange looked sideways at Grasshopper, the boy was such a chicken sometimes, she blew and an effective cloud his was as if daring him to take it in. Karina was having as much fun with those near her and Spook stuck her little finger up as a salute to the others still wondering what to do. Of course Starbreaker would know the meaning and Ange just waited for the moment now that would bring this little moment of frivolity to a close and the serious business to begin.

Comment

Lt Colonel Connor "Goose" Mason

Connor's eyes watered as the smell became... bad. He pulled a hanky out of his pocket and blew his nose. Then surreptitiously wiped off his face. He sat down, not entirely sure he could keep standing up if this kept going. Some part of him hoped the bay's fire alarm would pick up on the smoke but he knew better. They were fairly advanced fire alarms, alien tech made sure of that. The temperature of the room didn't match the amount of smoke, and there was no actual fire, either. He sighed. He'd just have to ride this one out.
            Goose looked around, trying to find a distraction to the smoke. At least he didn't smell it anymore now, his nose was full of the scent and had soaked up all it could. Thank God for small favours, he thought, feeling his stomach settle down after the initial outburst.

Somehow he found himself watching Starbreaker and Spook. It was poker night all over again. And sure enough, Frank stood there too. Connor shook his head, and wandered over as well. Just in time for Spook to form a perfect ring of smoke.

"See you're up to your tricks again, Spook." His face was still a little green, but he didn't really know that. "Let's just hope I won't have to make the same threat." He said, good-naturedly, nodding towards Karina, but he kept his attention on Spook.

Comment

<Daedalus Central Hangar Bay>

{Admiral William MacGregor} {Colonel Stephen Caldwell} NPC

The two older men watched with mild amusement as the pilots all settled into their comfort zones. William took note of the behaviour of Starbreaker and Spook, trouble makers both, yet between the two of them they probably had the best scoring ratios in the entire fleet and he didn't give a damn if they got up and started a fight right there and then, when it came to doing what had to be done they would be at the sharp end. Mason on the other hand was the same in another way. By the book, steady reliable, someone you could count on and someone the younger pilots would look up to. Frank was his shadow and much the same. The others all had their strengths and weaknesses as well. But would be their strengths he would be looking for this night. Stephen blew out a largish billow, without inhaling, waved his hand about and looked sternly at this bunch. They would do alright, that was the only thing he cared about.

"I think it's time Admiral."

"Yes we're close Stephen. I'll give them another few minutes and then we'll start." William walked near a large whiteboard and took up a felt pen in readiness, squiggles was something he had practiced a thousand times, this would be no different.
              My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
              sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Spoiler:
                Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
                {1st Lt. Ange Darkness}
                Ange took the offered cigar and thanked the steward and watched carefully as the others took various degrees of ambiguity to the brown sweet smelling stogie. Starbreaker and Spook had become quite the officiandos of the Havana and at every card game it was madatory, filling the officers mess on Hammond with the plumes. Connor hated it and it was a reason for them to do it all the more so. She pulled out her 'SGC' Zippo lighter, flicked the knurl and lit the end of the cigar. Puffing contentedly large plumes until she managed a perfectly respectable ring. Once she was satisfied of that she sat and stretched her legs and relaxed. "Next time I'll set the alarm for you Danny, just so you can get my coffee." She smiled as she elbowed him just enough to knock his own arm of his side rest.

{Capt. Danny Chang *Dragon*}

"Oh, god, I hate her when she acts like this, a young hotheaded girl, but, damn it, she's really one of our best fighter pilots..."
                "Should I remember you I'm a superior officer?" he smiled back at her, wondering when she would learn to behave properly.
                sigpic
                Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

{Major Kevin Marks}

"...Daedalus, Hammond is moving station to two thousand meters to your port. Copy?"
                  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                  ---
                  sigpic

Comment

<Daedalus Bridge>

{Major Pyle XO Daedalus}

"Copy that Hammond, two klicks to port, confirm radar contact now ten klicks, over!"

Comment

{Major Kevin Marks}

"Confirmed, Daedalus! Standby."
                      Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                      ---
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn View Post

Connor's eyes watered as the smell became... bad. He pulled a hanky out of his pocket and blew his nose. Then surreptitiously wiped off his face. He sat down, not entirely sure he could keep standing up if this kept going. Some part of him hoped the bay's fire alarm would pick up on the smoke but he knew better. They were fairly advanced fire alarms, alien tech made sure of that. The temperature of the room didn't match the amount of smoke, and there was no actual fire, either. He sighed. He'd just have to ride this one out.
                        Goose looked around, trying to find a distraction to the smoke. At least he didn't smell it anymore now, his nose was full of the scent and had soaked up all it could. Thank God for small favours, he thought, feeling his stomach settle down after the initial outburst.

Somehow he found himself watching Starbreaker and Spook. It was poker night all over again. And sure enough, Frank stood there too. Connor shook his head, and wandered over as well. Just in time for Spook to form a perfect ring of smoke.

"See you're up to your tricks again, Spook." His face was still a little green, but he didn't really know that. "Let's just hope I won't have to make the same threat." He said, good-naturedly, nodding towards Karina, but he kept his attention on Spook.

Placing her cigar on the arm of her chair and jamming it so it wouldn't fall, Ange now had one of once in a lifetime opportunities, with Dragon on one side, Frank two seats away watching her like a hound on point, she as usual refused to back down, and as Frank was her target as always until he learned where she was coming from she didn't hesitate to show him or Dragon for that matter. As Connor leaned in close, she grabbed him by his flight suit collar and kissed him hard on the mouth, holding him there for as long as decently possible and then letting him go, she then turned and smiled at Frank, blew him a kiss and felt now was the right moment to answer Dragon.

Originally posted by clauz89 View Post

{Capt. Danny Chang *Dragon*}

"Oh, god, I hate her when she acts like this, a young hotheaded girl, but, damn it, she's really one of our best fighter pilots..."
                        "Should I remember you I'm a superior officer?" he smiled back at her, wondering when she would learn to behave properly.
                        "Yeah I know and I really have to stop doing that don't I?" She lunged for him in a similar manner as she did Connor and then sat back giggling, took up her cigar again and puffed merrily.

{Red Echo Flight leader. Lead adversary instructor for both Wings.}
                        Last edited by RogueRanger; 13 January 2011, 11:26 AM.

Comment

This truly wasn't Connor's best day ever. The kiss felt weird, maybe even sour, totally unexpected and it just totally made him angry. What was she thinking?! Spook never thought, she just acted! He shot a quick glance toward Karina (of *course* she'd seen it, whatever was he thinking?!), then looked back at Spook. He had to do this by the book, just had to.

"Report to the brig, *lieutenant*." Mason spat, anger evident. "Now."
                          He stood there arms in his side, obviously very mad, and at the end of his tether. To him she wasn't worthy of attending any mission, now. Not anything.

Hammond CAG - Hammond Wing, AlphaBlue leader

Lt Frank "Gobbler" Garner

And Connor wasn't the only angry one around (OK, maybe Frank was just a little upset, definitely not as angry as his friend). Spook had done it again. Won yet another part of her eternal race with Starbreaker on who could break the most rules in one setting and live to tell the tale. Frank swallowed, on some deep dark level wishing it'd been *him* she'd bestowed the kiss on. But no, it had to be a superior officer, of course it had. Else it wouldn't count, just like that air-whateveritwas-kiss she did next.

All things considered, Garner admired Spook, though, it took some guts to do all that and her courage had never been lacking. Not in anything she did. Frank sat back down, daring a glance at the flag officers present who were watching. Wondering what was going to happen now, and also feeling slightly embarrassed. This sort of thing never did end well, was probably even bad luck. He ran a hand through his millimetre hair and scratched his head, then stared at the floor, arms resting on his knees.

Hammond Wing, AlphaBlue XO.

Comment

Ange sat there dumbfounded, it wasn't the first time, nor would it be the last time Mason had brought her down to Earth. But she was sunk now good and proper and no one had the key, she was frozen to her seat and sat upright, the cigar dropped in her lap and she brushed it away, she had half a mind to just hit him in the jaw, but that was the last thing she'd ever do. She looked around for something anything, a rope to cling on to.
                            Last edited by RogueRanger; 13 January 2011, 11:26 AM.

Comment

{1st Lt Rufis ~Dent~} {Figment}

When the tray of smokes made its way to him, Rufis only put up two fingers as if to take one, but instead closed the lid, passing it along, watching Spook closely. He looked then towards Caldwell and the Admiral doubtless they too were watching the scene. Without thinking it a hand of his touched ever so briefly, Spooks left shoulder blade. and Figments calm voice quietly was heard hearing. as if it were a distant memory. 'Where would you be if I were delayed? I got your six.'

Rufis wasn't one to barg in on anything, even if a frecking herdo f cattle had been beamed abarod, he'd keep out of things, unless called upon, which he hoped at the moment wouldn;t happen. He watched the elder man closely, wondering how he'd eract to the actions that Spook just got handed to her. Spook would fly this mission, Caldwell's ship so Caldwell's orders.

Right?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

<Daedalus Central Hangar Bay>

{Admiral William MacGregor} {Colonel Stephen Caldwell} NPC

"Oh Jesus, Mary and Joseph." Will exclaimed to no one in particular. "Stephen it's your ship, do you want to sort this out?"

"No way Admiral, I've had it up to my roots with that girl, I had more hair than I do now before she transferred from the Hammond, I really don't know how Mason and Sam put up with her?"

Will shrugged, he'd had plenty of these type of officers to deal with in his lifetime, this youngster would be no different. He walked over and stood next to Connor. "Colonel Mason, stand easy. I think I know how to deal with the Lieutenant." With hands on his hips Will stood over the small woman like a mountain and with his frame he would appear so to her as she sat there some what recalcitrant. "Stand the frak up Lieutenant. Now!" he made sure everyone heard him. This was to end here, from all of them, he slowly turned his head toward Starbreaker and dared her to say something.
                                My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                                sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Working...
                                X