This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{Lt James Tierney}

James was the first to stand and he did so with typical British finesse. As he did so he thought. "Awch, this auld guy is gonnae be CAG, the SGC must be short on officers." He stood there, waiting. Eager to be back in the cockpit and mixing it with the enemy, time was always against them.

{Deadulus wing Red Delta flight reader}
    Last edited by JosephGracey; 25 November 2010, 06:08 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
      Originally posted by Ryn View Post
      {Lt Col Connor "Goose" Mason} -- {Lt Frank "Gobbler" Garner}
      (bio)

Connor watched Thracen and her antics, and felt a lot of things. The most of which was disappointment. She never learned. She didn't evolve. She stayed as she was. After all that time spent serving together, he still wasn't sure what to make of her. He knew most of it was a front. It just had to be. A front or an act, to keep up with her reputation. There was more than a little jealousy in the mix too, of the way she acted around other men, and some part of him guessed that was her intention. Like now with Tank. What was all that about? What was she doing? He all but glared at her. This had to stop. One way or the other, he had to end it.

Connor's feet had moved themselves over to her and he now stood in front of her. Bending down so he could grip the armrests of the chair and be in her personal space, Connor spoke up.

"Major Thracen." He felt the others in the room go quiet at the iciness in his tone of voice, but Mason didn't care. The British accent was quite audible, too, as it always was when stressed.

"If I so much as hear ONE disrespectful SYLLABLE from you, be it directed toward myself, or ANY of the officers present, you will NOT, and I repeat, NOT, be flying this mission, nor the next five after. Now I would HATE to waste your talent like that but you will only have YOURSELF to blame. Have I made myself CLEAR, Major? A simple *respectful* yes or no *will* suffice."

As he finished, Connor didn't release the armrests and kept staring at her face, trying very hard not to let that beauty distract him from the reprimand. His grey-blue eyes glittered with anger, she'd gone too far this time. Maybe back on the Hammond he'd have let it go, knowing where it all came from, but not for this mission. This was a pretty vital one, his first ever joint one whilst holding the position of CAG, and he was not going to let it fail because of her.

A few seats away, Frank watched, fascinated as always with their little dance. He'd shrug off Spook's earlier response with another eye roll but then this happened whilst he was trying to think of a proper reply anyway. Maybe later. Or never. If Connor's acting that way, she's definitely dented that armour of his... Frank thought, eyes glued to the scene.

{Lt Col Connor "Goose" Mason} -- {Karina "Starbreaker" Thracen}

Karina could feel the heat of his anger overwhelm her and it wasn't the first time. She could hear the tension in the way the cushioning of the arm rests groaned at the force of his grip bearing down on them. She swallowed hard as her face blanched white, her eyes flooded dark and glazed over as if she could no longer see him but she dared not ignore this command. She was rebellious, indignant and loved to dance the line but she knew when she was at the end of her rope and this was that time. She looked at him as if allowing her eyes to completely pass through him and their energies buzzed together as silence befell the room awaiting her response. She swallowed so hard that she swore the entire room heard it as she forced out in a low monotone voice, "Yes Sir!" Her eyes flickered just as soon as she said it....almost wincing at it's implications and the dread of confirming her defeat. But she was used to it....it had happened so many times before.

Spoiler:
      Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
      <USS Daedalus Central Hangar>

{Admiral William MacGregor} {Colonel Stephen Caldwell}

Stephen got an elbow from the Admiral in the ribs as the two of them watched the antics of the assembled pilots, it wasn't new to Will, he'd seen worse on Carrier pre-mission briefings, it was a way of hardened men and women blowing off steam before a mission, especially as some knew in their hearts they may not return. He hoped it would be otherwise, but in it was in the hands of Lady Fate, he often cursed her, but not now. "I'm rather enjoying this aren't you Colonel?"

Stephen stood there with his arms folded, he didn't look impressed. It might be ok with the Admiral, being Navy, but he thought Air Force officers were more discilpined. It was more than likely with an on going battle with the various services now ensconsed on the 304's, a severe case of oneupmanship was going down and the Navy was winning the battle. "I'd enjoy it more sir if I knew this lot will do their job when the chips are down."

"Oh lighten up Stephen, they'll have our backs when it's needed most. Nevertheless, I think we're ready, call it up."

"Yes Sir." Caldwell moved to the centre, watched Mason give Thracen her dressing down, for the umpteenth time. He had observed that pair tussle on previous joint missions and this was no different. He gave the Englishman a little time, then made the 'official' introduction.

"Hammond and Daedalus Fighter Wings, Aten-hut! Flag Officer on deck!" It was loud and he even surprised himself at the sound in the cavernous hangar.

((OOC at this point all will rise at the attention postition and stand until the Admiral give the command to be seated. Of course Starbreaker and Spook will be somewhat tardy in doing so))

{Admiral William MacGregor} {Karina "Starbreaker" Thracen}

From that moment on Karina shut down, her eyes fell to the ground as she could hear the familiar sound of the bellowing command.
      "Hammond and Daedalus Fighter Wings, Aten-hut! Flag Officer on deck!"
      Her mind was on the mission now.....everything else had to take a back seat. She would deal with all this later. As she scrambled to her feet, just a tad tardy as usual she attempted to straighten herself by smoothing down her rumpled uniform. Her heart began to race wildly and felt the thrill of the mission begin to swell her spirit. She had to get it together.....so she snapped her hand quickly toward her forehead in salute and brought her eyes in focus tuning into the Admiral as she allowed her entire peripheral vision to blacken out in a blur.
      Last edited by squirrely1; 24 November 2010, 11:01 PM.
      Originally posted by jelgate
      This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Spoiler:
        Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
        {1st Lt Ange Darkness} {Spook}

Ange looked over at her friend and saw a little distress in his reddish eyes, she knew about his medication and how it settled him for flight but worried also about any side effects it may have, she gripped his arm firmly. "Not a lot yet Rufi, but I think we're almost ready. There's still one or two missing." She said as she scanned around the hangar. "You really need to keep a check on that stuff, when this is done you should see Doc Hayden on the Hammond and have your kidneys checked ok." She wasn't really asking him, she was telling him out of concern for a friend.

After another look about, Spook saw the Tank take his seat, at least Rufis wasn't the only late comer, she had to lean back to speak to him behind her, she saw where his gaze was directed. "Hey Tank, you know what they call Starbreaker don't you......" She left it unsaid but amongst the males of both Squadrons the implication was there. She gave him a wicked smile and then whipped around when she heard Frank's voice.

"Oh Franky.." She batted her eyelashes at him. "Is that an invitation." She thrust her chest out and sat up straight to emphasise her figure, despite the constaints of the G-suit. "Hmmmm?"
        Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post

{Admiral William MacGregor} {Colonel Stephen Caldwell} {Major Karina (Starbreaker) Thracen - VMAT101}

Karina scowled toward the Colonel as she barely adjusted her lax sitting position by wiggling slightly in her seat and returning her foot to the floor. She did nothing to address her flight suit that was still somewhat disheveled and she had to go one step further and mumbled out just under her heated breath, "Uh Yes Sir Colonel Sir.....always good to know who didn't get any last night!" She had to giggle to herself as she smirked in his general direction trying not to make her mocking too obvious. She was familiar with the inside of the brig and really didn't want to find herself there.....but knew she was relatively safe since they needed all the pilots they could muster on this mission.....insubordinate or not.

Her attention then glazed over toward the Admiral and she found herself seething over the fact that it always came down to her record and never her piloting skills...she sighed heavily and belted out, "Admiral........sir..... thank you....but did you say that some of Jackson's Kasa cobs were missing? Cuz I could swear some of the senior stripes here musta woke up with one of 'em lodged up their arse." She shrugged defiantly and continued in her defense....."Oh but while you're all belly achin over my record and all I'll be pulling your asses outta the fire out there." She straighten up quickly in her seat and promptly zippered her suit toward her chin with a snap.....and glared toward Colonel Caldwell "So honestly, now that I'm properly dressed .....can we get on with this briefing.....Sir?" She smiled at him trying to smooth over all the total insubordinate BS she just shoveled at him praying he'd just let all that slide.

{Connor (Goose) Mason} {Karina (Starbreaker) Thracen} {Royce (Tank) Sprills}

Karina's eyes met with his and she rolled them dramatically as she nodded in agreement. "Seriously....Goose......you need a hobby or something.... Now who's all in for a great game of poker once this gig is up?" She blatantly smacked her hand on Tank's arm who happened to be in strike range.... "and what about you .....BIG GUY.... TANK?" She asked emphatically...with a whisper so that only he could hear, "I just love the strong and silent type" She couldn't help but eye his sheer size and bulk and found herself no less blushing from the thoughts of seeing him naked in her mind. "and Damn bro....how do you fit in the cockpit? You must put that 302 on?" She giggled at him while leaning over a bit in order to close the gap between them. She winced and noticing he was a little uptight maybe......not really knowing how or what to say in response, she winked at him and patted his muscular arm "Yeah....we'll have to chat later..... you know work on loosening you up a little!" She turned her attention back to the rest of the room hoping this damned thing would get underway.

{1st Lt Ange Darkness} {Karina (Starbreaker) Thracen}

"Pffffffft.....Goose? He doesn't scare me." Thracen bandied back at Ange. "They need us Spook...we've got their nads in a pinch....they can't touch us now!" She stuck out her tongue toward Ange ...as they always did....which has fast become their signature salute to one another. "Besides when did niceties win you wars?.....No I have always said....badassery wins wars!" She twisted around in her seat feeling like the brig would be better than this prison of a briefing she was in right about now.

{Admiral William MacGregor} {Colonel Stephen Caldwell}

Stephen got an elbow from the Admiral in the ribs as the two of them watched the antics of the assembled pilots, it wasn't new to Will, he'd seen worse on Carrier pre-mission briefings, it was a way of hardened men and women blowing off steam before a mission, especially as some knew in their hearts they may not return. He hoped it would be otherwise, but in it was in the hands of Lady Fate, he often cursed her, but not now. "I'm rather enjoying this aren't you Colonel?"

Stephen stood there with his arms folded, he didn't look impressed. It might be ok with the Admiral, being Navy, but he thought Air Force officers were more discilpined. It was more than likely with an on going battle with the various services now ensconsed on the 304's, a severe case of oneupmanship was going down and the Navy was winning the battle. "I'd enjoy it more sir if I knew this lot will do their job when the chips are down."

"Oh lighten up Stephen, they'll have our backs when it's needed most. Nevertheless, I think we're ready, call it up."

"Yes Sir." Caldwell moved to the centre, watched Mason give Thracen her dressing down, for the umpteenth time. He had observed that pair tussle on previous joint missions and this was no different. He gave the Englishman a little time, then made the 'official' introduction.

"Hammond and Daedalus Fighter Wings, Aten-hut! Flag Officer on deck!" It was loud and he even surprised himself at the sound in the cavernous hangar.

((OOC at this point all will rise at the attention postition and stand until the Admiral give the command to be seated. Of course Starbreaker and Spook will be somewhat tardy in doing so))

(OOC And Tank because of his Bulk )

1st Lt. Royce Sprills, Callsign Tank
        Tank was a bit...flustered...at the antics of the two women and did not quite know what to say and was not one hundred percent sure what to say or do...but fortanatly the Admiral saved him...for only a moment.

Because of his bulk he had to twist to put down the clipboard that he was reading and got up with a start, and the tight packed chairs made this an almost impossible feat, in so much as he banged his knee into the chair in front of him and winced painfully. He hoped no one, least of all the two girls next to him, saw the gaffee, and he tried to ignore the pain as he waited for the offer to sit down and get back to the mission at hand.

Comment

{Lt Col Connor 'Goose' Mason}

Connor saw Starbreaker's face change, and mentally slapped himself. Kill her spirit like that, why don't you, Con... He sighed, releasing some of his own tension that way, and watched her eyes glaze over and then *something* sizzled between them. What it was, he had no clue, but it was... nice. Somehow. Then the moment was gone and the Admiral's voice bellowed through the bay, momentarily startling him with its demand. He gave her a curt nod, indicating he had understood her answer, but there was no further reply. In words nor looks. She'd essentially shut down all systems and something in his chest tightened at the sight.

He then scrambled back to his feet and turned to face the flag officer, regretfully tearing his eyes away from her. He noticed Tank's bulk get in the way of himself and all but reached out to help steady the guy, but the pilot then stood on his own. Connor shot him a look that asked, 'you all right there, bud?' He saw the wince of pain after and shook his head slightly, he'd seriously have to have a word with those Deady stewards later not to pack those chairs up so tight next time. Hammond stewards knew about Tank, and it was obvious the respective stewards had not communicated with each other about personnel size.

Eyes front and center, his gaze turned to a point slightly above the admiral's head, Connor now stood at attention with the rest of the Hammond's wings. His wingman Garner was at his side as always. He knew that most if not all stood there like them, wingman to wingman, and, probably subconsciously, arranged like how they would be positioned in their respective wings while in flight. He'd drilled that into them and was proud of that.

Comment

((Make them sit next to whoever you want. ))

{Captain Alexey "Maestro" Titarenko}{Lieutenant Sergey "Grasshopper" Alexandrov}

Receiving slight, almost imperceptable nod from Admiral, Maestro and his wingman moved to a couple of unoccupied seats, trying not to disturb the commanding eye too much. The well familiar to him atmosphere of slight uneasiness and bravado, like before any mission made him relax a bit in the sit between Alexandrov and someone else from Hammond wing. He proded Lieutenat in ribs when he saw him throwing hungry glances at Ange Darkness.

"Hey, stop staring at her, it's rude in a situation like this."
            "Huh? Oh, no, I'm not staring, I'm just in process of recalling who is who."

Alexey smirked and pretended to study the deck and then the order was bellowed over the room. He sprung up standing and turned in the direction of Admiral, catching Grasshopper behaving properly and doing the same at least this time. He stood there, shun, legs together, hands along the body, head straight, eyes looking at distance, waiting for permission to sit back or further orders, just like he was taught for years.
            Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy Pena View Post
              {Major Pena}

'Oooo, that sounded so sexy.' "hahaha, I think so too, but hey you never know just what might happen. What is somethings you like to do on your off time?
              ((OOC, thanks for the translation. ))
              {1st Lt Ange Darkness}

With a look of what might have been a little alluring as seen by some, but it was her natural stance when dealing with the males of the Squadrons Ange smiled a little too sweetly at the senior officer, if the CO had seen he would have told her it was blatant fraternising, but to her it was just, her. "Oh not a lot Major, I have been known to do the odd pole dance." The smile became her trademark mischevious curve.

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post

{Major Karina (Starbreaker) Thracen - VMAT101}

{1st Lt Ange Darkness} {Karina (Starbreaker) Thracen}

Spoiler:
              "Pffffffft.....Goose? He doesn't scare me." Thracen bandied back at Ange. "They need us Spook...we've got their nads in a pinch....they can't touch us now!" She stuck out her tongue toward Ange ...as they always did....which has fast become their signature salute to one another. "Besides when did niceties win you wars?.....No I have always said....badassery wins wars!" She twisted around in her seat feeling like the brig would be better than this prison of a briefing she was in right about now
              The rapport between the two women had grown over the months and it almost became a game, they had even reverted to using coded hand signs they developed after reading a particular fantasy novel where women were the main players over men. Without saying a word Ange singed back at her friend with a rapid motion of fingers and hands. "Badassery and breasts sister, we've got it all over the men, because as we both know they can only think to a degree by the number of hairs on their chest and the speed they can remove thier trousers." Her pink tongue poked out and curved up, then slowly wiped her lips.

Originally posted by Ryn View Post
              {Lt Col Connor "Goose" Mason} -- {Lt Frank "Gobbler" Garner}
              (bio)

A few seats away, Frank watched, fascinated as always with their little dance. He'd shrug off Spook's earlier response with another eye roll but then this happened whilst he was trying to think of a proper reply anyway. Maybe later. Or never. If Connor's acting that way, she's definitely dented that armour of his... Frank thought, eyes glued to the scene.
              Things were happening apace, a little too quickly for Ange's liking, having two crews in such close proximity always made for rivalry and maybe a little too much chatter, Ange knew Connor would be pissed and she doubted that Caldwell would be very pleased either, nonetheless she wouldn't change her self being, when the Daedalus CO called "Aten-hut", she rose ever so slowly, actually taking it real nice and easy as if she had all day. To Frank she winked and silently mouthed the words. "We'll deal later Franky-boy." Which might have meant anything from a spar in the Gym, to a grappling match in a secure locker where no one would see them.

Originally posted by JosephGracey View Post
              {Lt James Tierney}

James was the first to stand and he did so with typical British finesse. As he did so he thought. "Awch, this auld guy is gonnae be CAG, the SGC must be short on officers." He stood there, waiting. Eager to be back in the cockpit and mixing it with the enemy, time was always against them.
              Standing there loosely, Ange's head swivelled from side to side paying no attention to the Command staff in front of her, she wanted to see who was flying today and who might get in her way or vice versa, she saw the young Scot, and gave him a little wave and repeated the words both of them had said numerous times. "It's a good day to die, isn't it?"

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post

Tank was a bit...flustered...at the antics of the two women and did not quite know what to say and was not one hundred percent sure what to say or do...but fortanatly the Admiral saved him...for only a moment.

Because of his bulk he had to twist to put down the clipboard that he was reading and got up with a start, and the tight packed chairs made this an almost impossible feat, in so much as he banged his knee into the chair in front of him and winced painfully. He hoped no one, least of all the two girls next to him, saw the gaffee, and he tried to ignore the pain as he waited for the offer to sit down and get back to the mission at hand.
              Finally it came to this, standing there waiting for the melodrama of some stuffy staff officers address, personally Spook couldn't give a damn, but she had no choice but to wait. She fidgetted with her hair, turned her head in the direction of a thump she knew was bodily contact with the furniture and shrugged, only one person could be so clumsy. "Tank..you seriously have to lay off the donuts man." She whispered to him and gave him the thumbs up. Who else was going to disturb her day she wondered.

Comment

{Captain Danny "Dragon" Chang} {1st Lt. Ange "Spook" Darkness}

As he usually does before a mission, Danny was trying to concentrate, but all those chatters and silly menaces really annoyed him. Then he spoke to Ange: "Could we please have more silence, Spook?! You guys waste too much energy here, try and save it for the fight. Confucius said: The superior man wishes to be slow in his words and earnest in his conduct. ".
                As the Colonel ordered "Aten-hut!" he swiftly snapped to attention, still kindly disapproving his teammates.
                sigpic
                Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

{1st Lt. Ange "Spook" Darkness}

"Oh boy." Ange raised her eyebrows and winced. "Dragon.." She swiveled her head and in doing so her band slipped off her hair sending in disarray...again. "Captain, I am soo sorry, did I wake you??" She had to smile again and her jaw was getting tired from overworking it so early in the piece. But she liked him, steady and calm, he always managed to be a good influence on her, most of the time anyway.

{Red Echo Flight leader. Lead adversary instructor for both Wings. }
                  Last edited by RogueRanger; 25 November 2010, 05:45 PM.

Comment

((OOC: it would help me a lot if people also added the ship on which they are stationed I know some of them already but not all, so please ))

{Lt Col Connor "Goose" Mason (Hammie CAG)}
                    {1st Lt Frank "Gobbler" Garner - Hammie}

Connor shot the crew a glance, they were muttering amongst themselves. Were tensions running that high, he hadn't noticed. But then again, he'd been busy. His eyes focused on Starbreaker for a moment, then turned back to the flag officers' present, awaiting their briefing. He hoped the crew would find it within themselves to be, well, *quiet*. He could feel Frank fidget beside him, from a cursory glance it was apparently Spook's doing. He shot her a glare and surreptitiously elbowed Frank, satisfied when his friend stood once again rock still. Neither of them were very patient.
                    Frank had indeed looked back at Ange, catching her soundless reply. He'd just nodded back, looking just a tad annoyed.

Comment

{1st Lt. Ange "Spook" Darkness} {Lt. James "Highlander" Tierney}

James turned to Ange. "It's no different than any other day in space." James smiles then turns his head back.

{Deadulus wing Red Delta flight reader}
                      Last edited by JosephGracey; 25 November 2010, 06:08 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

{Admiral William MacGregor} {Colonel Stephen Caldwell}NPC

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the Hammond and Daedalus Wings." Stephen said emphasising the first with a touch of sarcasm, he knew that there were a few he'd have on his report later on. "Staragte Commands Fleet Officer, Admiral William MacGregor will now brief you on this auspicious occasion, saving Earth and possibly the galaxy. So listen up!"

Will suppressed a grimace and leaned over to his friend. "A little over the top isn't it Stephen?" He said quietly then turned to face the assembled pilots. Ground crews stood in and around the aircraft, some sitting on the wings for a better view.

"At ease all of you." The Admiral had a tradition from his days as a CAG himself and he wasn't about to break with tradition now. He handed a box he had brought with him to one of the stewards, opened it himself and drew out two large havana's one for himself and one for Caldwell he offered it over and told the steward to pass them around. He stuck his and his mouth, but would not light up until everyone had their own.

((OOC I will wait an appropite time for you all to sit and take your stogie, at which point the Admiral and Caldwell will light up. If your character is non smoker like the Admiral, you just don't inhale like Clinton))
                        My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                        sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
                          {1st Lt Ange Darkness}

With a look of what might have been a little alluring as seen by some, but it was her natural stance when dealing with the males of the Squadrons Ange smiled a little too sweetly at the senior officer, if the CO had seen he would have told her it was blatant fraternising, but to her it was just, her. "Oh not a lot Major, I have been known to do the odd pole dance." The smile became her trademark mischevious curve.
                          'What the frak does she think this is a damned strip joint.' Pena sat down heavily, as the steward came around to him he took the havana and stuffed it between his lips. Hopefully he had some of it left for the return and if he had scored any kills, he quietly thanked the young woman and glared at Spooks back in the meantime.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post

1st Lt. Royce Sprills, Callsign Tank {Karina "Starbreaker" Thracen}

It didn't take long for Karina to be distracted by the Bulky Tank who was now seemingly cursing the chairs around him and nimbly trying to stand at attention without causing too much of a scene...but failing miserably. She snorted under her breath and whispered out toward him, "Hey Tank..... you ok? Or do I need to send back up?" She fought hard to suppress the giggle that was forming in her throat but she didn't dare draw attention to herself again....not now anyway. She glanced over at him to see his displeasure and confusion but somehow found him to be so endearing. She continues with a whisper, "I mean seriously....where were you 5 minutes ago.... I could've used a distraction like that?!" She realized at this point she was pushing it again so she snapped back to attention and tried to give her most serious look toward the Admiral.

Spoiler:

{Admiral William MacGregor} {Colonel Stephen Caldwell}NPC

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the Hammond and Daedalus Wings." Stephen said emphasising the first with a touch of sarcasm, he knew that there were a few he'd have on his report later on. "Staragte Commands Fleet Officer, Admiral William MacGregor will now brief you on this auspicious occasion, saving Earth and possibly the galaxy. So listen up!"

Will suppressed a grimace and leaned over to his friend. "A little over the top isn't it Stephen?" He said quietly then turned to face the assembled pilots. Ground crews stood in and around the aircraft, some sitting on the wings for a better view.

"At ease all of you." The Admiral had a tradition from his days as a CAG himself and he wasn't about to break with tradition now. He handed a box he had brought with him to one of the stewards, opened it himself and drew out two large havana's one for himself and one for Caldwell he offered it over and told the steward to pass them around. He stuck his and his mouth, but would not light up until everyone had their own.

((OOC I will wait an appropite time for you all to sit and take your stogie, at which point the Admiral and Caldwell will light up. If your character is non smoker like the Admiral, you just don't inhale like Clinton))

{Admiral William MacGregor} {Karina "Starbreaker" Thracen}

"At ease all of you."

Immediately Karina went limp and plopped back down into her seat. She felt exhausted all of a sudden and knew it was probably because of her face off with Connor. She stayed quiet but bounced her eyes around the room trying to find him amongst the crowd. She did feel it too.....there was always something ....a pull toward him but then again something inside her wanted to be at odds with him as if constantly testing the waters. She didn't dare try and figure it out...all she knew was that she felt just a little sick right now and maybe the stoogie would help. She grabbed one as the box passed by her and as she quickly unwrapped it she found him.....Connor....across the room. He immediately glanced at her as if he knew she tagged him with her eyes. Time seemed to still for moment as they stared at one another it was probably only a very brief moment but time always stopped when she connected with him that way. She shrugged and gave him an almost imperceptible smile as if to inquire if they were still "OK". She hated when she pissed someone off just before a mission...especially him.....not knowing if she will have the chance to correct her blunder later. she always felt that later was never promised in their business....the only thing she was sure of was here and now...and she hoped they could have at least one kind word before they launched.

She got back to business, swiped the fat boy under her nose, sniffing it and grinned almost manically as she chewed off the end to prep it for fire. "Hey who has the lighter? Get a move on people we don't have all day here!"

{Hammond Wing - Foxtrot/Blue Leader}
                            Last edited by squirrely1; 26 November 2010, 07:51 AM.
                            Originally posted by jelgate
                            This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Lt Colonel Connor "Goose" Mason & 1st Lt Frank "Gobbler" Garner

Connor relaxed to "at ease", releasing a breath he hadn't realised he was holding. He grimaced slightly at the cigar thing, wondering how on earth that had become tradition before a particularly difficult mission, but then again it had. It made his stomach turn, and he almost declined the cigar that was offered. This was one of those times he cursed his position. He had to accept it, no doubt about that. He owed it to the men. Never mind a possible allergy to it, or one of its ingredients. He'd have to talk to Dr Beth about it, see if she could test him and confirm a suspicion... His thoughts became interrupted by a certain 'pull', then, and he looked up. Only to find Karina's eyes bearing into his. She seemed to have her spirit back from what he could tell. His heart soared at the sight, momentarily making him forget all about his sick stomach.
                              Connor felt himself nod only slightly toward her and that impossibly small, sweet smile of hers. He knew what it meant from experience, of course they were OK. He could never stay mad at her for long, anyway. He gave her a grin back and then looked at the object in his hand, looking at it as if it were the first time.

He still felt slightly sick from the mere sight of the cigar. Connor carefully unwrapped it, got it ready to "smoke" (he never inhaled ), and braced himself for the horribly sweet smell which he knew would soon assault him from everywhere around.

Beside him, Frank grinned a little, knowing exactly what Connor was going through. He always ribbed him on about it. "Don't throw up," his friend smirked mock-warningly. Mason shot him a glare, to which Frank only chuckled. Out of respect for Connor's rank, he kept it mercifully short though.

Hammond CAG - Hammond Wing, AlphaBlue Flight Leader & Hammond Wing, AlphaBlue XO
                              Last edited by Ryn; 26 November 2010, 09:03 AM.

Comment

{Lt. James Tierney}

Spreads sits down and and relaxes. He looks at the cigars making their way towards him and feels himself already becoming a little queasy. "What a stupid tradition." Half the people at this briefing never smoked and he always felt a little embarrassed pretending to enjoy it.

{Daedalus wing Delta red flight leader}
                                Last edited by JosephGracey; 26 November 2010, 09:54 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X