X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<Daedalus Starboard Hangar Bay>

{Major Pena} {Admiral William MacGregor}

"Ha,Yes I do remember that. That was what like 5 years ago? Its been a long time indeed Sir.
    Yes Sir, it would be a great honor to be your wingman."

Comment

{Admiral William MacGregor}

Standing again to his full height Will extended his hand. "Glad to have you at my six Major, now I think we'll have the stewards bring the coffee, there's a few more we're waiting for and we'll get this show on the road."
      Last edited by puddlejumperOZ; 16 November 2010, 08:09 PM.
      My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
      sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

{Major Pena}-{Admiral William MacGregor}

"Rodger that Sir, I wont let you down, Sir."
        Takes a few moments before getting really for the briefing.
        Last edited by Rudy Pena; 17 November 2010, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Connor watched the arrival of the admiral and shook his head, covered his smirking mouth with a hand. The man couldn't even land properly.

"We--eelll, he's Navy. Probably thinks he's still at sea." A familiar voice next to him drawled. It was his longtime best friend and wingman, lieutenant Frank Garner.

Connor chuckled with him. "Yeah. With a gale force seven or somethin'." It was funny to watch the man's struggle for control of his aircraft, minute though it was.

Catching Caldwell's frown at them, they both quickly schooled their faces back to neutral whilst the Admiral finished the landing procedure and exited the 302.

"Showtime, bud," Frank hissed, as MacGregor walked up to Caldwell to shake hands.

"Do I really have to." Connor complained, not really looking forward to it.

"It's your job, Connor. You're CAG."

"Guess so."

They both knew Connor loved his job, but he hated all the other, brass-related stuff that came with it. Flying was what Connor loved best, air battles were like ballet when he was in charge of them.

"Come on. Let's get this over with. We'll be back up there before you know it." He felt a gentle nudge from Frank on his shoulder, pushing him toward the other man.

They saw Major Pena chat with the Admiral first, and Connor was glad for that timely interruption.

"Okay, fine." He muttered at Frank, stood up from his chair and marched over to the Admiral, putting on his best diplomatic face and attitude. Garner could tell it wasn't really genuine though. Connor really, really hated this part of the job.

"Admiral MacGregor, sir," Connor said, standing behind the man. "Welcome aboard." He waited to shake hands.

Lt Col Connor Mason
          -- Lt Frank Garner
          (NPC's)

Comment

{1st Lt Ange Darkness USAF}

Overhearing the chatter between her boss and Garner, Ange couldn't help but giggle, she left her seat and crept up behind Frank and tapped him on the shoulder. "Franky, look at the Admirals bird, it's 07, that crate was almost a write off, if it were you or me, we probably would have been dead. I think this old guy might be rusty, but I bet it's combat rust." She stood where she was respectfully for a moment, but decided that it'd be best if she returned to her seat. Frank always did his best to find her weaknesses and after he gave her he call sign 'Spook' she did her best to live up to the name. She sat beside one of the Daedalus pilots, Pena was on his chest patch and introduced herself. "Hi, I'm Leuitenant Ange Darkness, Hammond Cougars. But as you know I've been attached to you guys for a while. I don't think Frank and Connor will miss me. I heard the Admiral say you're going to be his wing, what do you know about him?"
            Last edited by RogueRanger; 18 November 2010, 01:06 PM.

Comment

{Major Pena} - {1st Lt Ange Darkness USAF}

"Hello Lieutenant Darkness, Its nice to meet you. I know the Admiral good, we used to serve together quite a few years ago. He is a easy to get along with and jokes around with you. If its just you two, rank doesnt show because he knows we all need to be treated fairly so once you get to know him well he will let you call him by his first name. Just along as theres no higher or lower ranking people around, but on the other hand he's a hard hard and will not hesitate to bust you a new one when you do something very wrong.

But dont get me wrong, he is a great man and a good asset to this program. There will be times will he has to be hard as it comes with the job.

So, Whats your background?'
              'Wonders the LT is like.'

Comment

Lt Frank Garner, Royal Marines

Combat rust? Somehow, Frank didn't believe a word of it. He eyed Spook as she found someone else to talk to, that Major of before. He didn't know the other man, and felt no need to. Crews didn't generally mingle between ships, this was the first major joint briefing he'd been to. The only one, in fact.

The lieutenant then turned his gaze back at the new bird that the Admiral had just flown in. So, the 07. That thing sure had seen a few gazllion miles. He was pretty sure O'Neill had flown it once. He was also pretty sure Spook was right. The throttle on that thing was whimsical at best. Maybe Connor wouldn't have had a problem with it, but he sure would, although of course it wouldn't have killed him. Spook was good, no doubt about that. But not as good as him and definitely not as Connor. Mason was one of a kind, topped maybe only by Sheppard.

He took a swig of his coffee and grimaced at the taste, putting the cup back down on the tray of a passing steward.

"You got any tea?" Might as well get something better. This briefing was going to take long enough as it was. And tea would just have to be the drink of choice if alcohol was forbidden for now. Frank secretly longed for the scotch he'd kept hidden in his bunk. It sure would help ease the waiting.

"Right away, sir."

Another steward brought him the steaming cup.

"Thank you." He declined the offered cream and sugar, the less weight a 302 had to carry, the better. Frank was thin and lithe and he wanted to stay that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy Pena View Post

"Hello Lieutenant Darkness, Its nice to meet you. I know the Admiral good, we used to serve together quite a few years ago. He is a easy to get along with and jokes around with you. If its just you two, rank doesnt show because he knows we all need to be treated fairly so once you get to know him well he will let you call him by his first name. Just along as theres no higher or lower ranking people around, but on the other hand he's a hard hard and will not hesitate to bust you a new one when you do something very wrong.

But dont get me wrong, he is a great man and a good asset to this program. There will be times will he has to be hard as it comes with the job.

So, Whats your background?'
                  'Wonders the LT is like.'
                  <Daedalus Central Hangar Bay>

"Woohoo, he sounds like General O'Neill. Me, well I came straight from flight school, onto F16 training missed a tour in the 'Stan because the SGC liked my smile and recruited me." She said with a chuckle. "I've been on Hammond for two years except for my time now here on the Daedy, but being adversary instructor, you guys don't and are not supposed to know me, that's why we're just meeting now, even though it was me Major who shot your ass off last week." Her smile could have been evil, or sarcastic, but it was niether, just her way of showing off.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn View Post

Connor watched the arrival of the admiral and shook his head, covered his smirking mouth with a hand. The man couldn't even land properly.

"We--eelll, he's Navy. Probably thinks he's still at sea." A familiar voice next to him drawled. It was his longtime best friend and wingman, lieutenant Frank Garner.

Connor chuckled with him. "Yeah. With a gale force seven or somethin'." It was funny to watch the man's struggle for control of his aircraft, minute though it was.

Catching Caldwell's frown at them, they both quickly schooled their faces back to neutral whilst the Admiral finished the landing procedure and exited the 302.

"Showtime, bud," Frank hissed, as MacGregor walked up to Caldwell to shake hands.

"Do I really have to." Connor complained, not really looking forward to it.

"It's your job, Connor. You're CAG."

"Guess so."

They both knew Connor loved his job, but he hated all the other, brass-related stuff that came with it. Flying was what Connor loved best, air battles were like ballet when he was in charge of them.

"Come on. Let's get this over with. We'll be back up there before you know it." He felt a gentle nudge from Frank on his shoulder, pushing him toward the other man.

They saw Major Pena chat with the Admiral first, and Connor was glad for that timely interruption.

"Okay, fine." He muttered at Frank, stood up from his chair and marched over to the Admiral, putting on his best diplomatic face and attitude. Garner could tell it wasn't really genuine though. Connor really, really hated this part of the job.

"Admiral MacGregor, sir," Connor said, standing behind the man. "Welcome aboard." He waited to shake hands.

Lt Col Connor Mason
                    -- Lt Frank Garner
                    (NPC's)
                    {Admiral William MacGregor} {Colonel Stephen Caldwell}

“You've got to pulling my shanks.” Will blurted out as he took the other man's hand with a steely grip. “You!.....” Then Will started laughing. “Connor Mason, Stephen this is the guy that pulled my sorry carcass out of Iran when my bird had a flame out in 03'.” He gripped Connor's shoulder. “I never got to thank you Colonel, you dropped me off onto the Lincoln so fast..damn I never thought.”

“This is the guy, Christ Admiral, that was a hundred and twenty clicks inside their border wasn't it?”

“Something like that I believe, the Colonel would be more accurate on that figure. Connor, I'm officially recognising your bravery, and stupidity for that day, as soon as this skirmish is done, you'll be full Colonel and you can have my DSO.” He finally let his hand go and addressed Major Pena.

{Major Pena}

"Rodger that Sir, I wont let you down, Sir."
                    Takes a few moments before getting really for the briefing.
                    {Admiral William MacGregor}

"I know you won't son. Just stick to my wing and do as I ask, that's all I require." Will returned to Caldwell and took a quick inventory of all the faces assembled with the cavernous bay. He cleared his throat. “Right before we start, can you men take your seats please.” He said in his normally soft voice. “Stephen you can start for me, usual procedure."

“Sir, I'll just wait for everyone to take their places Admiral.”

“Of course.”

((OOC 'Lincoln' is the Aircraft Carrier USS Abraham Lincoln))

Comment

Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post

"Woohoo, he sounds like General O'Neill. Me, well I came straight from flight school, onto F16 training missed a tour in the 'Stan because the SGC liked my smile and recruited me." She said with a chuckle. "I've been on Hammond for two years except for my time now here on the Daedy, but being adversary instructor, you guys don't and are not supposed to know me, that's why we're just meeting now, even though it was me Major who shot your ass off last week." Her smile could have been evil, or sarcastic, but it was niether, just her way of showing off.

'Wow, that was her. Damm shes pretty good' "Damm LT, you did a fine job.You are a fine pilot.'And a fine girl'Well, I think we should pay attention to the briefing thats about to start in a few moments. 'Considers asking for her contact info and see what it goes from there.'

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post

“You've got to pulling my shanks.” Will blurted out as he took the other man's hand with a steely grip. “You!.....” Then Will started laughing. “Connor Mason, Stephen this is the guy that pulled my sorry carcass out of Iran when my bird had a flame out in 03'.” He gripped Connor's shoulder. “I never got to thank you Colonel, you dropped me off onto the Lincoln so fast..damn I never thought.”

“This is the guy, Christ Admiral, that was a hundred and twenty clicks inside their border wasn't it?”

“Something like that I believe, the Colonel would be more accurate on that figure. Connor, I'm officially recognising your bravery, and stupidity for that day, as soon as this skirmish is done, you'll be full Colonel and you can have my DSO.” He finally let his hand go and addressed Major Pena.
                        Connor's eyes widened in shock, he so totally hadn't expected this.

"Sir, I..." Connor began, but he couldn't finish, MacGregor was already talking to someone else and then it was suddenly time for the briefing.
                        Connor's mind whirled, it wasn't every day this happened and it was a little too much. He wondered how to go about this. He couldn't very well accept the medal, that was out of the question. The Admiral had earned it just as much. That mission had been hell, for all concerned.

So, just before the briefing started, Connor tried taking MacGregor aside.
                        "Sir, can I have a word with you later? After the briefing? I don't want to hold things up longer than necessary, but I really need to talk to you."

MacGregor merely nodded and Connor took his seat next to Frank, as per usual.

Comment

'Wow, that was her. Damm shes pretty good' "Damm LT, you did a fine job.You are a fine pilot.'And a fine girl'Well, I think we should pay attention to the briefing thats about to start in a few moments. 'Considers asking for her contact info and see what it goes from there.'

Getting a compliment from a squadron XO was a wonderful boost to Ange's confidence, she filed it away in her 'deal with it later' cabinet and shook her hair, the reaction from that was her long dark pony tail had come loose and she had to secure it again. As she did so, she spoke softly to the Major. "You have a latino background don't you Major? My mum was from Agua Prieta near the Arizona border. My Spanish is a little off, but I'm quite sure the Lucian don't understand it, we could use it on coms if need be. ¿No piensa usted? " She looked up at Connor and Frank and wondered what would be going through their minds, not having her on the six, something the three of them had worked on and used to good advantge so often. She nodded to both of them as Connor sat and shrugged, she would feel very uncomfortable with his usual words of encouragement.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post

Getting a compliment from a squadron XO was a wonderful boost to Ange's confidence, she filed it away in her 'deal with it later' cabinet and shook her hair, the reaction from that was her long dark pony tail had come loose and she had to secure it again. As she did so, she spoke softly to the Major. "You have a latino background don't you Major? My mum was from Agua Prieta near the Arizona border. My Spanish is a little off, but I'm quite sure the Lucian don't understand it, we could use it on coms if need be. ¿No piensa usted? " She looked up at Connor and Frank and wondered what would be going through their minds, not having her on the six, something the three of them had worked on and used to good advantge so often. She nodded to both of them as Connor sat and shrugged, she would feel very uncomfortable with his usual words of encouragement.
                            {1st Lt Ange Darkness USAF} {Major Karina Thracen VMFAT101}

Karina rushed into the area like a whirlwind right before the briefing was to begin. "YES!" She murmured to herself in minor celebratory fashion.....as she couldn't smear her stellar 'just in time' record when it came to briefing attendance. Besides she hated to wait around doing nothing when there were birds to get ready and so much pre-flight work to be done. She graced in and her eyes met up with Ange....she shot her a wink and a nonchalant wave.....as she made her way toward her. However because everyone was already seated for the briefing she couldn't quite get close enough and things were starting to quiet down. "Psssst..... SPOOK!!" She just had to get her attention ....even at the risk of being called out for her inattentive behavior. "We have some catching up to do after the briefing.....so when this breaks....hold up!" She whispered loudly over to her making quite a display.....but then settling back down into her seat with her leg propped up casually. She never really was one for etiquette....she just wanted to get airborne. Karina cleared her throat and beamed at the Admiral with her usual smartass smirk.... "Admiral.....Sir?"
                            Originally posted by jelgate
                            This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Royce Sprills, First Lt USAF, Callsign The Tank
                              He was the last to arrive and did so in a very nonchalant fasion, he noticed the entire new group of fighter pilots that had arrived and was once again struck by the fact this was the first time that many of them would be going into combat...at least of this nature...and together...though many of them were very experienced in their own way.

He took his proper seat and stared blearily at the Admiral. He was not going to be rushed, for anything, slow and steady he was, like a glacier, like a tank. Ice cold and lethal in everything that he did. He ignored the inane chatter going on around him to stare at the forward area waiting to pick up everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn View Post
                                Connor's eyes widened in shock, he so totally hadn't expected this.

"Sir, I..." Connor began, but he couldn't finish, MacGregor was already talking to someone else and then it was suddenly time for the briefing.
                                Connor's mind whirled, it wasn't every day this happened and it was a little too much. He wondered how to go about this. He couldn't very well accept the medal, that was out of the question. The Admiral had earned it just as much. That mission had been hell, for all concerned.

So, just before the briefing started, Connor tried taking MacGregor aside.
                                "Sir, can I have a word with you later? After the briefing? I don't want to hold things up longer than necessary, but I really need to talk to you."

MacGregor merely nodded and Connor took his seat next to Frank, as per usual.

After going through the pilots listings with Caldwell on his ever present Ipad, Will watched Connor take his seat and made a mental note that he would see the Colonel and speak with privately before Hammond's pilots returned to their ship, but it would take a little time before everyone was settled so he once again left Stephen standing there and walked over to the front row of seats. He crouched down at eye level and kept his voice low. "Connor you can speak to me at any time, you have my word. As soon as I dismiss the briefing we'll have a one on one how's that sound?"

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                                {1st Lt Ange Darkness USAF} {Major Karina Thracen VMFAT101}

Karina rushed into the area like a whirlwind right before the briefing was to begin. "YES!" She murmured to herself in minor celebratory fashion.....as she couldn't smear her stellar 'just in time' record when it came to briefing attendance. Besides she hated to wait around doing nothing when there were birds to get ready and so much pre-flight work to be done. She graced in and her eyes met up with Ange....she shot her a wink and a nonchalant wave.....as she made her way toward her. However because everyone was already seated for the briefing she couldn't quite get close enough and things were starting to quiet down. "Psssst..... SPOOK!!" She just had to get her attention ....even at the risk of being called out for her inattentive behavior. "We have some catching up to do after the briefing.....so when this breaks....hold up!" She whispered loudly over to her making quite a display.....but then settling back down into her seat with her leg propped up casually. She never really was one for etiquette....she just wanted to get airborne. Karina cleared her throat and beamed at the Admiral with her usual smartass smirk.... "Admiral.....Sir?"
                                Standing straight and arching his back, Will looked at the direction of the voice, he shook his head. He knew that face, he whipped out his pad again and thumbed through the listings and ID photos. Two stood out, not by their appearances but by their records. Major Karina Thracen and Leuitenant Ange Darkness, a pair of rebellious louts if ever that appleage could ever be applied to women if ever there was. Gamblers, boozers and general layabouts who thought their skill in combat and flying would get them past muster. It had been 'noted' that the pair of them were seen 'flashing' Jack O'Neill from the windows of a bus recently after a particular heavy day of letting off steam when the squadrons had been on a twenty four hour leave out of Cheyenne Mountain. Will sighed and ran his fingers through his sparse hair.

Stephen looked at the wayward officer and his face went a lurid shade of scarlet he stomped over and with hands on hips he stood in front of the Major. "Thracen, sit up and look like you're an officer and zip your jacket up, this is not a bordello..."

Will held his hand up. "It's alright Colonel. At ease."

"Sir, I think you should know..."

"I do already. Major what do you need to ask at this juncture that can't wait until we start the briefing?" Will gave her that don't frak with me face but stood his ground near Mason. He would move if he had to, which was in his own time.

Comment

Working...
                                X