This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connor nodded. "Yes sir, fine with me."

And then they were interrupted by yet more latecomers.

Connor's heart sank upon recognising Karina Thracen's voice (it'd been so quiet around he hadn't noticed she wasn't there yet), shouting out to her best friend Ange. He grinned just a little at the dressing-down she received.

"Karina," Connor said, after a clearing of his throat to get her attention. "You know the drill." He didn't have to say any more than that, she knew he meant KP or Latrine duty, or possibly even fuel pipes cleaning (a meaningless job with their 302's) if she didn't behave, and by the look of Mason's face it was safe to say it would be the dirtiest job he could think of. Not that it ever had any effect, she seemed to be oblivious to any of the earlier punishments. Hm, maybe Connor'd have to rethink his strategy on dealing with her.

Comment

((Am not sure if they are wearing any caps on ship, but I just simply can't imagine a salute without it... ))

And then the last two officers of the Daedalus Wing rushed in, just in time for the briefing to begin. Captain Titarenko was the first to enter the bay. He shifted his service cap and gave a salute to Admiral.

"Permission to join the briefing, Comrade Admiral? That Grasshopper got lost in the ship again and I had to go look for him."

The man smacked slightly the boy next to him over head and growled to him from the corner of his mouth.

"Пилотку одень, придурок, и честь отдай. Ты что, не выспался?" ((Wear your field cap and salute, you softhead. You had not enough of sleep or what?))

Alexandrov straightened himself out, and wore his field cap and gave a bit clumsy salute to the Admiral, swallowing hard as he sensed he'll have some trouble after the mission.
      Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
        {1st Lt Ange Darkness USAF} {Major Karina Thracen VMFAT101}

Karina rushed into the area like a whirlwind right before the briefing was to begin. "YES!" She murmured to herself in minor celebratory fashion.....as she couldn't smear her stellar 'just in time' record when it came to briefing attendance. Besides she hated to wait around doing nothing when there were birds to get ready and so much pre-flight work to be done. She graced in and her eyes met up with Ange....she shot her a wink and a nonchalant wave.....as she made her way toward her. However because everyone was already seated for the briefing she couldn't quite get close enough and things were starting to quiet down. "Psssst..... SPOOK!!" She just had to get her attention ....even at the risk of being called out for her inattentive behavior. "We have some catching up to do after the briefing.....so when this breaks....hold up!" She whispered loudly over to her making quite a display.....but then settling back down into her seat with her leg propped up casually. She never really was one for etiquette....she just wanted to get airborne. Karina cleared her throat and beamed at the Admiral with her usual smartass smirk.... "Admiral.....Sir?"
        {1st Lt Ange Darkness}

"Oh sh**" Ange thumped her friend in the ribs. "Buckle up K, Mason has your number." She whispered and tried to make herself as small as poosible. They were friends in flight but with the CAG of Hammond, that friendship ended as soon as wheels were down.

Originally posted by Ryn View Post

Connor's heart sank upon recognising Karina Thracen's voice (it'd been so quiet around he hadn't noticed she wasn't there yet), shouting out to her best friend Ange. He grinned just a little at the dressing-down she received.

"Karina," Connor said, after a clearing of his throat to get her attention. "You know the drill." He didn't have to say any more than that, she knew he meant KP or Latrine duty, or possibly even fuel pipes cleaning (a meaningless job with their 302's) if she didn't behave, and by the look of Mason's face it was safe to say it would be the dirtiest job he could think of. Not that it ever had any effect, she seemed to be oblivious to any of the earlier punishments. Hm, maybe Connor'd have to rethink his strategy on dealing with her.
        With Mason's back turned to her, Ange was so tempted to flip the bird at him, but she held back, if she got close enough once they were in theatre, she'd let him know then. She sufficed with curling her little finger at him and made sure Frank saw her. Now she was satisfied.

Originally posted by Vagabond Serpent View Post
        ((Am not sure if they are wearing any caps on ship, but I just simply can't imagine a salute without it... ))

And then the last two officers of the Daedalus Wing rushed in, just in time for the briefing to begin. Captain Titarenko was the first to enter the bay. He shifted his service cap and gave a salute to Admiral.

"Permission to join the briefing, Comrade Admiral? That Grasshopper got lost in the ship again and I had to go look for him."

The man smacked slightly the boy next to him over head and growled to him from the corner of his mouth.

"Пилотку одень, придурок, и честь отдай. Ты что, не выспался?" ((Wear your field cap and salute, you softhead. You had not enough of sleep or what?))

Alexandrov straightened himself out, and wore his field cap and gave a bit clumsy salute to the Admiral, swallowing hard as he sensed he'll have some trouble after the mission.
        "Oh no, not the Maestro." Ange sighed. He had a sweet voice even if she couldn't understand the words, but serenading her in the middle of a dog fight was rather off putting, she tried to slide down her seat lower, hoping not to meet his eyes.

((OOC name tags please people, we're not all familar with who everyone is yet))

Comment

<Daedalus mens' head to Hangar deck>

{1st Lt Rufis Dent}

His radio went off, nearly scaring the man out of his wits. Travel hated him like always, he stood at the sink. His sleeve rolled up. the voice on the radio squaked something of being at the hangar deck of the Daedalus in two minutes, he could be there easliy in side of one. after all it was around the corner. He pressed the reply key. "Copy that." He replied. He placed the needled from the small paket to his arm and injected the green colored liquid within it into his arm, a slightly energied feeling washed through the young man. he rolled his sleeve down and disposed of the needle before heading to the hangar.

He may have looked out of place on the Deadalus, Yet Rufis Dent was in his element at the controls of a craft. As long as he didn;t know it was moving he was OK. he spotted Spook, a smile graced his face as he went and silent as a cat appeared behind her. "Hello, Spook" He said before moving again, this time standing next to her. "Did I miss anything?" he had a calm look to his red eyes.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

First Lt. Royce Sprills, The Tank

He found it somewhat amusing the banter and the rough around the edges chatter that graced the briefing room. All of this was to be expected from a group of people coming together for essentially the first time under combat situations. But he tried, and failed, to keep the slight smirk off his face. He hid it by tucking his chin and pretended to look at the sheet of paper in front of his face. After he figured that he had his expression under control he cast a cold calculating glace around the room.

His admiral seemed a hard nosed and experienced veteran, not a man he really wanted to mess with.

The Major seemed to be attractive, in an off beat and hard nosed way, but given that she was a superior officer, he moved on, hoping that his gaze had not lingered too long. He returned his gaze to the front of the room and hoped that the Admiral would get on with it...he had an itchy trigger finger.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
              {1st Lt Ange Darkness}
              With Mason's back turned to her, Ange was so tempted to flip the bird at him, but she held back, if she got close enough once they were in theatre, she'd let him know then. She sufficed with curling her little finger at him and made sure Frank saw her. Now she was satisfied.
              ((finally worked out their callsigns Connor's is Goose, figured that fit -- edited bio ))

{1st Lt Frank Garner, Royal Marines, callsign Gobbler}

Frank caught the gesture and rolled his eyes.

"Keep it down, Spook. Or do you wanna join Starbreaker in her ... Fate ... of ... Doom?" He wiggled his eyebrows at her at the last three words, to go with the deep dark and dramatic voice there, too.
              Last edited by Ryn; 22 November 2010, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                <Daedalus mens' head to Hangar deck>

{1st Lt Rufis Dent}

His radio went off, nearly scaring the man out of his wits. Travel hated him like always, he stood at the sink. His sleeve rolled up. the voice on the radio squaked something of being at the hangar deck of the Daedalus in two minutes, he could be there easliy in side of one. after all it was around the corner. He pressed the reply key. "Copy that." He replied. He placed the needled from the small paket to his arm and injected the green colored liquid within it into his arm, a slightly energied feeling washed through the young man. he rolled his sleeve down and disposed of the needle before heading to the hangar.

He may have looked out of place on the Deadalus, Yet Rufis Dent was in his element at the controls of a craft. As long as he didn;t know it was moving he was OK. he spotted Spook, a smile graced his face as he went and silent as a cat appeared behind her. "Hello, Spook" He said before moving again, this time standing next to her. "Did I miss anything?" he had a calm look to his red eyes.
                {1st Lt Ange Darkness} {Spook}

Ange looked over at her friend and saw a little distress in his reddish eyes, she knew about his medication and how it settled him for flight but worried also about any side effects it may have, she gripped his arm firmly. "Not a lot yet Rufi, but I think we're almost ready. There's still one or two missing." She said as she scanned around the hangar. "You really need to keep a check on that stuff, when this is done you should see Doc Hayden on the Hammond and have your kidneys checked ok." She wasn't really asking him, she was telling him out of concern for a friend.

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                First Lt. Royce Sprills, The Tank

He found it somewhat amusing the banter and the rough around the edges chatter that graced the briefing room. All of this was to be expected from a group of people coming together for essentially the first time under combat situations. But he tried, and failed, to keep the slight smirk off his face. He hid it by tucking his chin and pretended to look at the sheet of paper in front of his face. After he figured that he had his expression under control he cast a cold calculating glace around the room.

His admiral seemed a hard nosed and experienced veteran, not a man he really wanted to mess with.

The Major seemed to be attractive, in an off beat and hard nosed way, but given that she was a superior officer, he moved on, hoping that his gaze had not lingered too long. He returned his gaze to the front of the room and hoped that the Admiral would get on with it...he had an itchy trigger finger.
                After another look about, Spook saw the Tank take his seat, at least Rufis wasn't the only late comer, she had to lean back to speak to him behind her, she saw where his gaze was directed. "Hey Tank, you know what they call Starbreaker don't you......" She left it unsaid but amongst the males of both Squadrons the implication was there. She gave him a wicked smile and then whipped around when she heard Frank's voice.

((finally worked out their callsigns Connor's is Goose, figured that fit -- edited bio ))

{1st Lt Frank Garner, Royal Marines, callsign Gobbler}

Frank caught the gesture and rolled his eyes.

"Keep it down, Spook. Or do you wanna join Starbreaker in her ... Fate ... of ... Doom?" He wiggled his eyebrows at her at the last three words, to go with the deep dark and dramatic voice there, too.
                "Oh Franky.." She batted her eyelashes at him. "Is that an invitation." She thrust her chest out and sat up straight to emphasise her figure, despite the constaints of the G-suit. "Hmmmm?"

Comment

{1st Lt Ange Darkness USAF}

Getting a compliment from a squadron XO was a wonderful boost to Ange's confidence, she filed it away in her 'deal with it later' cabinet and shook her hair, the reaction from that was her long dark pony tail had come loose and she had to secure it again. As she did so, she spoke softly to the Major. "You have a latino background don't you Major? My mum was from Agua Prieta near the Arizona border. My Spanish is a little off, but I'm quite sure the Lucian don't understand it, we could use it on coms if need be. ¿No piensa usted? " She looked up at Connor and Frank and wondered what would be going through their minds, not having her on the six, something the three of them had worked on and used to good advantge so often. She nodded to both of them as Connor sat and shrugged, she would feel very uncomfortable with his usual words of encouragement.

{Major Pena}

"Oh, I see. That is cool, I dont really speak much spanish because of the area I grew up in. My family comes from Mexico and also Italy." 'Damm, she can speak spanish, thats sexy.' "Well, if need be any language besides english would really throw them off. Seeing as there are over 10 languages and many versions of the lanuages." 'I need to stop trying to impress her to much....well I guess I will ease up a bit.'

Comment

{1st Lt Ange Darkness} {Spook}

Ange looked over at her friend and saw a little distress in his reddish eyes, she knew about his medication and how it settled him for flight but worried also about any side effects it may have, she gripped his arm firmly. "Not a lot yet Rufi, but I think we're almost ready. There's still one or two missing." She said as she scanned around the hangar. "You really need to keep a check on that stuff, when this is done you should see Doc Hayden on the Hammond and have your kidneys checked ok." She wasn't really asking him, she was telling him out of concern for a friend.
                    {1st Lt Rufis Dent} {Figment}

A faint smile graced his face. His eyes held a odd type of mirth to them, "Good then I'm early for the party" he snickered. He was the only one slightly out of place in terms of his combat suit, since he was stationed on the Sun Tzu for two and a half years, he'd gotten thel ay of the land onboard. Since he was in charge of the flightgroup there. He was more or less similar to Sheppard, basic pants and black top when not in a flight fight, only in his case, his g-suit was slightly more embellished with a dragon scale pattern on the shoulders, as if he wore a pair of armor pauldrons. Clearly indicating his posting on the 'Tzu

He got serious then about his medication. only Spook knew of his need for it, also the Col on the 'Tzu. But no-one else knew, and if anyone else heard of it, there'd be unwanted questions. He spoke quietly, "Don't worry about me, I haven't spazzed on anyone yet. And when I do, it'll be our enemies." That said a lot, in fact it pretty much said, 'you want me on your team, not against it.' The medication was not in short supply, thankfully he had a case of it within reach on his own F302. He was surprised to say in the least of his posting after his testing with the craft in America. the medication he was given after a bad helicopter accident that left the thing smelling as if a cow had dropped a load.

Rufis smiled, "Besides, who else would have your six if I were..... delayed?" he asked taking his seat. he had a unseen smirk that was fighting to show on his face.
                    Last edited by Princess Awinita; 23 November 2010, 09:01 PM. Reason: missing info

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy Pena View Post

{Major Pena}

"Oh, I see. That is cool, I dont really speak much spanish because of the area I grew up in. My family comes from Mexico and also Italy." 'Damm, she can speak spanish, thats sexy.' "Well, if need be any language besides english would really throw them off. Seeing as there are over 10 languages and many versions of the lanuages." 'I need to stop trying to impress her to much....well I guess I will ease up a bit.'

"L'italiano? Bene spero che lei possa seguirmi Maggiore" Ange laughed, it was her one strength she had as an instructor. There had been so many students pass through the program, learning their languages was a must and Italian wasn't a lot different to her mother's language. "But I think for this sorte' we'll be too busy speaking with our 302's weapons don't you?"

((OOC *translation* "Italian? Well I hope you can keep up with me Major"))

Comment

"L'italiano? Bene spero che lei possa seguirmi Maggiore" Ange laughed, it was her one strength she had as an instructor. There had been so many students pass through the program, learning their languages was a must and Italian wasn't a lot different to her mother's language. "But I think for this sorte' we'll be too busy speaking with our 302's weapons don't you?"

((OOC *translation* "Italian? Well I hope you can keep up with me Major"))
                        {Major Pena}

'Oooo, that sounded so sexy.' "hahaha, I think so too, but hey you never know just what might happen. What is somethings you like to do on your off time?
                        ((OOC, thanks for the translation. ))
                        Last edited by Rudy Pena; 24 November 2010, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                          {Admiral William MacGregor} {Colonel Stephen Caldwell}

After going through the pilots listings with Caldwell on his ever present Ipad, Will watched Connor take his seat and made a mental note that he would see the Colonel and speak with privately before Hammond's pilots returned to their ship, but it would take a little time before everyone was settled so he once again left Stephen standing there and walked over to the front row of seats. He crouched down at eye level and kept his voice low. "Connor you can speak to me at any time, you have my word. As soon as I dismiss the briefing we'll have a one on one how's that sound?"

Standing straight and arching his back, Will looked at the direction of the voice, he shook his head. He knew that face, he whipped out his pad again and thumbed through the listings and ID photos. Two stood out, not by their appearances but by their records. Major Karina Thracen and Leuitenant Ange Darkness, a pair of rebellious louts if ever that appleage could ever be applied to women if ever there was. Gamblers, boozers and general layabouts who thought their skill in combat and flying would get them past muster. It had been 'noted' that the pair of them were seen 'flashing' Jack O'Neill from the windows of a bus recently after a particular heavy day of letting off steam when the squadrons had been on a twenty four hour leave out of Cheyenne Mountain. Will sighed and ran his fingers through his sparse hair.

Stephen looked at the wayward officer and his face went a lurid shade of scarlet he stomped over and with hands on hips he stood in front of the Major. "Thracen, sit up and look like you're an officer and zip your jacket up, this is not a bordello..."

Will held his hand up. "It's alright Colonel. At ease."

"Sir, I think you should know..."

"I do already. Major what do you need to ask at this juncture that can't wait until we start the briefing?" Will gave her that don't frak with me face but stood his ground near Mason. He would move if he had to, which was in his own time.

{Admiral William MacGregor} {Colonel Stephen Caldwell} {Major Karina (Starbreaker) Thracen - VMAT101}

Karina scowled toward the Colonel as she barely adjusted her lax sitting position by wiggling slightly in her seat and returning her foot to the floor. She did nothing to address her flight suit that was still somewhat disheveled and she had to go one step further and mumbled out just under her heated breath, "Uh Yes Sir Colonel Sir.....always good to know who didn't get any last night!" She had to giggle to herself as she smirked in his general direction trying not to make her mocking too obvious. She was familiar with the inside of the brig and really didn't want to find herself there.....but knew she was relatively safe since they needed all the pilots they could muster on this mission.....insubordinate or not.

Her attention then glazed over toward the Admiral and she found herself seething over the fact that it always came down to her record and never her piloting skills...she sighed heavily and belted out, "Admiral........sir..... thank you....but did you say that some of Jackson's Kasa cobs were missing? Cuz I could swear some of the senior stripes here musta woke up with one of 'em lodged up their arse." She shrugged defiantly and continued in her defense....."Oh but while you're all belly achin over my record and all I'll be pulling your asses outta the fire out there." She straighten up quickly in her seat and promptly zippered her suit toward her chin with a snap.....and glared toward Colonel Caldwell "So honestly, now that I'm properly dressed .....can we get on with this briefing.....Sir?" She smiled at him trying to smooth over all the total insubordinate BS she just shoveled at him praying he'd just let all that slide.

Spoiler:

{Connor (Goose) Mason} {Karina (Starbreaker) Thracen} {Royce (Tank) Sprills}

Karina's eyes met with his and she rolled them dramatically as she nodded in agreement. "Seriously....Goose......you need a hobby or something.... Now who's all in for a great game of poker once this gig is up?" She blatantly smacked her hand on Tank's arm who happened to be in strike range.... "and what about you .....BIG GUY.... TANK?" She asked emphatically...with a whisper so that only he could hear, "I just love the strong and silent type" She couldn't help but eye his sheer size and bulk and found herself no less blushing from the thoughts of seeing him naked in her mind. "and Damn bro....how do you fit in the cockpit? You must put that 302 on?" She giggled at him while leaning over a bit in order to close the gap between them. She winced and noticing he was a little uptight maybe......not really knowing how or what to say in response, she winked at him and patted his muscular arm "Yeah....we'll have to chat later..... you know work on loosening you up a little!" She turned her attention back to the rest of the room hoping this damned thing would get underway.

Spoiler:
                          {1st Lt Ange Darkness}

"Oh sh**" Ange thumped her friend in the ribs. "Buckle up K, Mason has your number." She whispered and tried to make herself as small as poosible. They were friends in flight but with the CAG of Hammond, that friendship ended as soon as wheels were down.

"Oh no, not the Maestro." Ange sighed. He had a sweet voice even if she couldn't understand the words, but serenading her in the middle of a dog fight was rather off putting, she tried to slide down her seat lower, hoping not to meet his eyes.

((OOC name tags please people, we're not all familar with who everyone is yet))

{1st Lt Ange Darkness} {Karina (Starbreaker) Thracen}

"Pffffffft.....Goose? He doesn't scare me." Thracen bandied back at Ange. "They need us Spook...we've got their nads in a pinch....they can't touch us now!" She stuck out her tongue toward Ange ...as they always did....which has fast become their signature salute to one another. "Besides when did niceties win you wars?.....No I have always said....badassery wins wars!" She twisted around in her seat feeling like the brig would be better than this prison of a briefing she was in right about now.
                          Originally posted by jelgate
                          This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

{1st Lt Ange Darkness} {Lt James Tierney}

"argh" 'He wondered why these briefing were so boring, if we have all the technology why do we always end up just sitting around listening to someone higher ranking than us? When we would all rather be somewhere else.'

{Deadulus wing Red Delta flight reader}
                            Last edited by JosephGracey; 25 November 2010, 06:10 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

{Lt Col Connor "Goose" Mason} -- {Lt Frank "Gobbler" Garner}
                              (bio)

Connor watched Thracen and her antics, and felt a lot of things. The most of which was disappointment. She never learned. She didn't evolve. She stayed as she was. After all that time spent serving together, he still wasn't sure what to make of her. He knew most of it was a front. It just had to be. A front or an act, to keep up with her reputation. There was more than a little jealousy in the mix too, of the way she acted around other men, and some part of him guessed that was her intention. Like now with Tank. What was all that about? What was she doing? He all but glared at her. This had to stop. One way or the other, he had to end it.

Connor's feet had moved themselves over to her and he now stood in front of her. Bending down so he could grip the armrests of the chair and be in her personal space, Connor spoke up.

"Major Thracen." He felt the others in the room go quiet at the iciness in his tone of voice, but Mason didn't care. The British accent was quite audible, too, as it always was when stressed.

"If I so much as hear ONE disrespectful SYLLABLE from you, be it directed toward myself, or ANY of the officers present, you will NOT, and I repeat, NOT, be flying this mission, nor the next five after. Now I would HATE to waste your talent like that but you will only have YOURSELF to blame. Have I made myself CLEAR, Major? A simple *respectful* yes or no *will* suffice."

As he finished, Connor didn't release the armrests and kept staring at her face, trying very hard not to let that beauty distract him from the reprimand. His grey-blue eyes glittered with anger, she'd gone too far this time. Maybe back on the Hammond he'd have let it go, knowing where it all came from, but not for this mission. This was a pretty vital one, his first ever joint one whilst holding the position of CAG, and he was not going to let it fail because of her.

A few seats away, Frank watched, fascinated as always with their little dance. He'd shrug off Spook's earlier response with another eye roll but then this happened whilst he was trying to think of a proper reply anyway. Maybe later. Or never. If Connor's acting that way, she's definitely dented that armour of his... Frank thought, eyes glued to the scene.

Comment

<USS Daedalus Central Hangar>

{Admiral William MacGregor} {Colonel Stephen Caldwell}

Stephen got an elbow from the Admiral in the ribs as the two of them watched the antics of the assembled pilots, it wasn't new to Will, he'd seen worse on Carrier pre-mission briefings, it was a way of hardened men and women blowing off steam before a mission, especially as some knew in their hearts they may not return. He hoped it would be otherwise, but in it was in the hands of Lady Fate, he often cursed her, but not now. "I'm rather enjoying this aren't you Colonel?"

Stephen stood there with his arms folded, he didn't look impressed. It might be ok with the Admiral, being Navy, but he thought Air Force officers were more discilpined. It was more than likely with an on going battle with the various services now ensconsed on the 304's, a severe case of oneupmanship was going down and the Navy was winning the battle. "I'd enjoy it more sir if I knew this lot will do their job when the chips are down."

"Oh lighten up Stephen, they'll have our backs when it's needed most. Nevertheless, I think we're ready, call it up."

"Yes Sir." Caldwell moved to the centre, watched Mason give Thracen her dressing down, for the umpteenth time. He had observed that pair tussle on previous joint missions and this was no different. He gave the Englishman a little time, then made the 'official' introduction.

"Hammond and Daedalus Fighter Wings, Aten-hut! Flag Officer on deck!" It was loud and he even surprised himself at the sound in the cavernous hangar.

((OOC at this point all will rise at the attention postition and stand until the Admiral give the command to be seated. Of course Starbreaker and Spook will be somewhat tardy in doing so))
                                My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                                sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Working...
                                X