Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the ratings for Cloverdale come out this evning?
    When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.-Arthur C. Clarke

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology -Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by YoshiKart64 View Post
      Early start for that isn't it? I'm going to wait for this episodes numbers to come out before I can even being to guess next weeks.
      it doesn't much matter to me as I don't get to see Cloverdale until Friday anyway
      So what if it's early?
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        Yes, the C3 index rating will pick up on that also. Remember the C3 usually falls between the Live Raw and Live + same Day numbers. The numbers that Travis posts are Live+Same Day.
        TV by the numbers wrote up an analysis of C+3 v. Live-SD numbers and said
        But those Live + Same Day ratings that everybody reports every day, even though they measure different things, match up very closely with the C+3 ratings that determine how much the networks get paid by advertisers. (emphasis in original)
        In fact, most shows do go down a little but a few shows actually went UP in the C+3. It's still very close though.

ED: I'm not predicting anything until I see the Cloverdale ratings.

Comment

Trial and Error Predictions:
          please copy and add your own numbers!

xxxevilgrinxxx - 1.6 million
          Greenfield - 1.3kk

Comment

Originally posted by SSJPabs View Post
            TV by the numbers wrote up an analysis of C+3 v. Live-SD numbers and said

In fact, most shows do go down a little but a few shows actually went UP in the C+3. It's still very close though.

ED: I'm not predicting anything until I see the Cloverdale ratings.
            Um that is why I said usually and not always.
            sigpic

Comment

I don't know if it was a direct competition or not - do not follow sports, TBH - but: Miami Heat vs. Boston Celtics is Most Watched Regular Season Game Ever on Cable. Could it have influenced the ratings or did it air earlier/later?

Comment

Originally posted by katikatnik View Post
                I don't know if it was a direct competition or not - do not follow sports, TBH - but: Miami Heat vs. Boston Celtics is Most Watched Regular Season Game Ever on Cable. Could it have influenced the ratings or did it air earlier/later?
                Or outside of the Fan Base not many people in the General Public / non Fan Base just does not like the show ? If Chuck can be steady during Monday Night Football why cant Stargate Universe be during Basketball ? & yes I know I answered my own question but just saying. Hawaii Five-0 for example is surviving through DVR Ratings. They are that damn good. So it is a moot point to say oh Basketball may have hurt the ratings for an episode when other shows during Sports nights are surviving just fine
                Last edited by TheRandomOne; 27 October 2010, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                  Um that is why I said usually and not always.
                  Oh yes, I was just trying to supplement and support your post with some additional information from a separate source.

Comment

Originally posted by SSJPabs View Post
                    Oh yes, I was just trying to supplement and support your post with some additional information from a separate source.
                    I kinda figured you were just adding to my post.
                    sigpic

Comment

Remember good or bad the numbers are Brian's fault. I'm not going to list Trial and Error's numbers until I see Cloverdale although I suspect them higher then Cloverdale
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

1 million viewers I'll bet!

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                          If Chuck can be steady during Monday Night Football why cant Stargate Universe be during Basketball ? & yes I know I answered my own question but just saying. Hawaii Five-0 for example is surviving through DVR Ratings. They are that damn good. So it is a moot point to say oh Basketball may have hurt the ratings for an episode when other shows during Sports nights are surviving just fine
                          I'm even more of a Chuck ratings watcher than an SGU one. Monday night shows have been running against Monday Night Football every week. It's not like one week they didn't and another week they did. That's part of the reason for the consistency in Chuck's ratings. For all we know, Chuck's ratings might be a little higher if it didn't run against MNF every single week. That being said, the games do vary in their ratings.

Chuck also is a 4th season show and the fanbase it has settled into is pretty loyal. I know the fandom and it is pretty singular in its support for their show. It has trouble at this time in its lifestage to build on that, though.

Other shows running on Monday have not seen as consistent ratings as Chuck. Even Hawaii Five-O's ratings on October 18th were 25% below its premiere. But, it started very high.

Now, may I present last night's ratings for SGU, in the way(kinda) Travis Yanan usually publishes them:

SGU 10/26:
                          HH Rating: 0.7
                          A18-49 Rating: 0.4
                          Total Viewers: 1.01 million

Caprica 10/26
                          HH Rating: 0.5
                          A18-49 Rating: 0.3
                          Total Viewers: 0.84 million

Comment

Originally posted by globex View Post
                            1 million viewers I'll bet!
                            You were bloody close!

Thanks for the info MediaSavant. Still not great by any stretch but at least they went up instead of down.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
                              Now, may I present last night's ratings for SGU, in the way(kinda) Travis Yanan usually publishes them:

SGU 10/26:
                              HH Rating: 0.7
                              A18-49 Rating: 0.4
                              Total Viewers: 1.01 million

Caprica 10/26
                              HH Rating: 0.5
                              A18-49 Rating: 0.3
                              Total Viewers: 0.84 million
                              Oh great. Thanks MediaSavant!

You don't have by any chance the half hour breakdown for SGU?
                              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                                I read the contrary, that the amount of money was really significant.
                                Syfy cable/sat/etc fee is .21 cent per subscriber which comes to 240 million a year before they get single penny from ads. Think thats a lot most articles have ESPN getting 4+ dollars per subscriber

Comment

Working...
                                X