This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
    OT moment, Amazon has been selling DVD's and other stuff (it's some video games and electronics they don't sell) to Australia for at least a decade. I buy most of my DVD's from Amazon US and UK 'cause it's ridiculously overpriced in Australia.

On topic: Once again, whether or not individuals found the episode boring doesn't mean that it is going to rate poorly. Likes and dislikes of a fanbase don't really reflect ratings. If it did I can think of a number of shows that would have been canned by now .
    D'oh! I'm having a Homer Simpson moment. I meant iTunes. haha. I can't believe I screwed that up. My brain is clearly not working today. lol. Love Amazon, and it is usually better to pay shipping costs as opposed to import costs especially on there. Very sorry about the confusion.
    sigpic

Happy Holidays!

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      Forum traffic was about the same as last week, maybe a tad less. But no baseball game tonight and people are not getting Fox who have cablevision. So maybe there could be an uptick. We shall see!

so Sorry MD, I am gonna say anywhere from 900,000 to 1.2 Million. I really don't know, it could go either way.
      No worries dude... I mean... you said the traffic was more then aftermath for pathogen and pathogen got sub mil... so IDK.. could be anything.. just hope its over a mil.. and im curious to know if the general population hated it as much as fandom did.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't have a good feeling about this episode. It all depends on how they advertised it - Season 1's 'Human' had a drop and it was very similar.

Hopefully goes up.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandria7 View Post
          I don't think companies like Time Warner pay them very much to air their channel. Syfy is part of the cable television standard service in most areas, so subscribers don't pay a fee just for Syfy. They buy standard cable service which gives them over 100 channels.
          I read the contrary, that the amount of money was really significant.
          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Morganrone93 View Post
            oO Wow, that ep looks freaking epic!
            Unfortunately, it's mostly
            Spoiler:
            a "prophetic dream" of Young's.
            But if I didn't know that, I would say, it looked great. It should draw in more people, even casual viewers.

Comment

Atlantis and SG-1 writers have written eps exactly like Cloverdale. It was actually a pretty good episode. It just reminded me of The Real World and The Changeling. I think the show was interesting enough from start to finish to at least keep people curious how it would end.

Sadly, we don't get min by min ratings or quarter hour ratings. Gotta have special access to that kinda stuff. That info is not meant for public consumption. LOL, sounds like a I am talking about food, lol Consumption. lol.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nesais View Post
                i'm so gonna get slapped for not understanding why this is before asking but, if the figures are an average for the whole hour, how do they inform us about the first and last half? how does an average over time tell us about any specific instant in time for ratings?
                The ratings that are generally published, are the "Average Audience". That is the number of people or households watching during the average minute of a show.

Occasionally, you will see people publish ratings for different hours within a 2-hour show or half hours within a long show. As an example, you will see this writer is showing this for "The Biggest Loser", showing how the last half hour was the highest rated.

http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/content_...22da41da152396

Nielsen subscribers--e.g. Syfy and some ad agencies--can access ratings information for a show by the minute. But, this data is rarely published to the outside world (us).

If a specific episode has a significant decline during it that is visible in the minute-by-minute ratings, only the network would know about it.

Comment

just a general warning, let's not get bogged down in specific episode discussion. Some comments are fine but in depth talk needs to go into the - in this case - cloverdale thread

thanks
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

So if someone surfs during the commercials, does that count against the ratings?

While not my favorite episode "cloverfield", certainly better than the previous episode "pathogen". Why? Because the gate was used, a kino used, weapons used, and so much other stuff that DIDN'T happen in the previous one. And thank god, no stone use. Or did that happen while I was cleaning up my spilled drink?

I'll go with 1.4 million for the next one. Still sticking to 0.7 million for this one since the previous probably encouraged fandom that it was okay to make other plans last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
                      So if someone surfs during the commercials, does that count against the ratings?

Yes, the C3 index rating will pick up on that also. Remember the C3 usually falls between the Live Raw and Live + same Day numbers. The numbers that Travis posts are Live+Same Day.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
                        For the Live plus Same Day ratings, yes.

So if the actual program content averages 1.5 million viewers and is 42 minutes of the hour, but the minutes that have commercials average 1.0 million viewers and are 18 minutes of the hour, the average for the entire hour is 1.35 million viewers.

So, if you can merely get fewer people to fast forward through the ads and fewer people switch channels during ads, you can increase the ratings of the telecast.

As Briangate mentioned, the advertisers currently only count who watches the minutes that have the ads in them within a 3-day window.

Comment

part of the interpretation is seeing the ads, another way to look at it is....if you're really into the show, you're not gonna risk missing a few minutes if you're late surfing back.

you could almost say - and please don't go calling people names - those that surf are just kinda casually viewing and if they find something better during the surf, they'll stay there, vs those that are more 'into' the show and won't risk missing something and really are so into it that they don't change channels.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well, they could also be checking the weather channel for the first minute of a 3 minute commercial break.

Comment

Trial and Error Predictions:
                              please copy and add your own numbers!

xxxevilgrinxxx - 1.6 million
                              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Early start for that isn't it? I'm going to wait for this episodes numbers to come out before I can even being to guess next weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X