X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, up is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
      As safe as it can be given the data we have, we can say with 100% certainty that if we use the same logic we used in the first place to say baseball had a big impact on ratings then we have to conclude that it had little to no influence given the ratings for Cloverdale.
      I'd call an increase of 400,000 viewers significant
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by globex View Post
        rofl...

Is it safe to say, the baseball had very little influence over the ratings?

Trial and Error Predictions:

please copy and add your own numbers!

xxxevilgrinxxx - 1.6 million
        globex - 900,000
        Jelgate - 1.15 million
        Artemis-Neith - 1.175 million
        Homer 120 - 1.2 million
        Major Davis - 1.13 million
        Morganrone93 - 1.45 million
        one could argue that more would have tuned in this week for cloverdale if pathogen wasn't as bad as it was...... but IDK if thats the case (and for the record.. pathogen is still my favorite season 2 episode).
        sigpic

Comment

I think that if you can find out what happened to Syfy's ratings the last time it ran against mid-term elections, you might have a clue what may happen next week.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Where do you see an increase of 400k viewers?

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
              wow.. a lot of optimism in these predictions (even jelgate was optimistic ) ...... as supposed to last week where the majority of predictions were 1 mil or under...
              I'll be optimistic until we get to 1.6 and then I'll go higher

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              Well, up is good.
              yes
              yes it is
              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                Well, up is good.
                haha... whats funny is if someone told us during season 1.5 airing that ep 4 and 5 of season 2 would be under or just around 1 mil and that the highest ep would just be 1.2 mil... we would probably tell that dude to stop smoking drugs and go troll somewhere else... I just wish SGU could pull the lowest rating from season 1.5 lol.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
                  Before making your predictions for next week, folks, keep the following in mind:

1. No World Series. It's an off-day between games 5 and 6, if there are games 5 and 6.
                  2. Election Night: CBS's NCIS-LA is listed as a repeat in TV Guide. NBC is showing election coverage starting at 9. ABC starts there's at 9:30 (all times ET)
                  3. I'm not seeing an NBA game on the shedule on ESPN, TNT, or TBS.

So, in my opinion, ratings predictors this week have to figure out if the election coverage is a giver or taker of SGU viewers.

Are SGU viewers involved in the real world of politics?

I believe those factors are far more important than what anyone thought of the trailer.
                  True. I think the ratings will rise, but not by much. I would say 1.16-1.20 mil.

Unfortunately, a show has to prove itself against competition too, not just when every other channel is airing repeats/specials. So far, the show's just not doing as well as it should/could be and the excuses for that are getting a tad desperate - from "it's the third Friday before Xmas" to "people didn't know it's back." There will ALWAYS be something, I'm afraid

Comment

I think that if you can find out what happened to Syfy's ratings the last time it ran against mid-term elections, you might have a clue what may happen next week.
                    what happened??? Was that the situation with first contact?
                    sigpic

Comment

Wouldn't that have been a SGA ep?

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                        Ok... well.. based off this info.. what do you think trial and error will get..
                        I'm not ready to make my prediction yet.

But, I won't make it based on the trailer or based on the half hour ratings. It will be based on competition. I think the election coverage is the biggest factor. I also believe that NCIS-LA is probably the regular show that duplicates highest with SGU viewers.

I don't believe changes in competition can give you precisely the number because there are too many variables(200+ stations) and statistical float, but it can help you predict "up" or "down".

Comment

At least its above a million again(even if only by a little).

globex - 1 million
                          Jelgate - 1.15 million
                          Homer 120 - 1.2 million
                          Major Davis - 1.13 million
                          Morganrone93 - 1.45 million
                          VampyreWraith - 1.31 million
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                            this one is, very much so
                            Here too. I'll definitely be more focused on the election. The results probably won't start coming in until the time Stargate airs as well.

globex - 1 million
                            Jelgate - 1.15 million
                            Homer 120 - 1.2 million
                            VampyreWraith - 1.31 million
                            SSJPabs - 950,000

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              you mean 40,000

Comment

Originally posted by Lucylee View Post
                                Wouldn't that have been a SGA ep?
                                Not in 2006. Plus, SGA never ran on Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                                X