This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
    Yes, I can see them animated on my computer.
    They aren't animated on my computer.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
      They aren't animated on my computer.
      What I mean is that the original on my computer is animated, but when I uploaded it here the Gateworld server has done something to un-animate it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
        What I mean is that the original on my computer is animated, but when I uploaded it here the Gateworld server has done something to un-animate it.
        It's because of the automatic resizing. The uploader is glitching up a bit with the new size allowance. It still compresses the sig under 50KB, which means discarding the extra layers that make the animation.

Until that is fixed, you can try resizing your original sig in Photoshop (or any other program that allows animation editing) to under 50 KB, and upload again.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks Jas. I'll wait until the Gateworld uploader comes to its senses.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
            It's because of the automatic resizing. The uploader is glitching up a bit with the new size allowance. It still compresses the sig under 50KB, which means discarding the extra layers that make the animation.

Until that is fixed, you can try resizing your original sig in Photoshop (or any other program that allows animation editing) to under 50 KB, and upload again.
            All my sigs are under 50kb and it still resizes them because of the 700x180 instead of 700x200, which inturn squashes them and makes the blurry as well. 20 pixels is a lot when it comes to cropping sigs.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
              All my sigs are under 50kb and it still resizes them because of the 700x180 instead of 700x200, which inturn squashes them and makes the blurry as well. 20 pixels is a lot when it comes to cropping sigs.
              It's basically the same issue as with the animation. The new settings aren't working as they should yet. We're aware of the problem, and hopefully it'll be fixed soon. Until then, everyone please have some patience.
              sigpic

Comment

i used to have two parts of my sigpic pic: first being my name and a handmade samsmiley, hosted from another site, and two, always be a diff pic, always hosted here at gateworld.

since the change, i can't have that samsmiley part of my sig anymore, unless i make it part of my diff sigpics. that would mean adding it to every new sigpic i came up with.

it seems to be that you can't add *two* separate pics to your sigpic, you can't upload two separate things. am i wrong?
                sally

sigpic

Comment

you're not wrong. the uploader allows for one graphic. If you want to merge 2 or more, you'll need to merge them in another program, making them a singular item to be uploaded
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    you're not wrong. the uploader allows for one graphic. If you want to merge 2 or more, you'll need to merge them in another program, making them a singular item to be uploaded
                    thanks for the explanation.

it's what i thought i'd have to do, but i just wanted to make sure i didn't miss some genius maneuver to getting both in there.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Ahhh, was wondering what happened to my sig.
                      sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4907261/1/Golden_Dawn

^ My new fanfic ^ Enjoy and please subscribe!

(Shameless advertising ftw)

Comment

I tried reuploading my sig, but it still doesn't show? It's 600x180 and 48kb. What do I do wrong?
                        sigpic
                        sig by jasminaGo -THANK YOU

Comment

There are two steps to using the uploder

first put [ SIGPIC] [ /SIGPIC] (without the spaces) in your sig area, then upload the image.

snakeskinner, i put in the tags, if you just delete that url then your sig should be fine

step 1, putting in the code tells the VB software 'hey, go find the image they uploaded and display it', step 2, uploading the pic, gives that code something to display
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thanx a lot, Skydiver! *hugs*
                            sigpic
                            sig by jasminaGo -THANK YOU

Comment

Just changed my sig. Hope I did it correctly.
                              sigpic
                              Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

yeap it's there so it's correct
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                                StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                                GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Working...
                                X