This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post
    Re-uploading worked to make it visible, but the pic got "blurry" (I know I stuck the other stuff in there also, but it wasn't blurry before I uploaded it)
    And there's also a weird white "background" (my pic had transparent background, maybe the pic got "flattened" at upload?)
    sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Re-uploading worked to make it visible, but the pic got "blurry" (I know I stuck the other stuff in there also, but it wasn't blurry before I uploaded it)
      Yup, the GW uploader has been like this ever since I joined, it compresses them when they don't need to be and makes them blurry.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
        Yup, the GW uploader has been like this ever since I joined, it compresses them when they don't need to be and makes them blurry.
        I was afraid of that happening to my own sig aswell, but maybe its format being .gif prevented the blurriness.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
          I was afraid of that happening to my own sig aswell, but maybe its format being .gif prevented the blurriness.
          It wouldn't let me upload anything not a jpeg.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
            It wouldn't let me upload anything not a jpeg.
            Interesting, it worked perfectly for me.
            sigpic

Comment

And there's also a weird white "background" (my pic had transparent background, maybe the pic got "flattened" at upload?)
              it could be the flattening. You could try it as a gif and see if it remains transparent, or when you're making the image sample the background of the forum (the off white color), make your sig background that color and it looks transparent
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hey Mods, I'm having the same problem. My sig pic is an attachment I uploaded to GW, but no matter if it's [img][/img] or [sigpic][/sigpic], it won't show. It is just being fussy cuz it's a Doctor Who sig?

The picture itself is only 10KB. Could it be all the links in the sig space are consuming space and won't let the pic show?

Comment

The plain text links are fine.
                  Check whether the [CENTER] and /CENTER] tags are outside the Shippy smilies ,then put [SIGPIC ][/SIGPIC] tags either side of the CENTER/CENTER tags.
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

the SIGPIC tags you use need to be all caps i believe. and then you upload the pic and you should be good to go

sigpic

Comment

Looks fine now !
                      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Awesome! Thanks!

Comment

I figured it out, for me anyways, it was the 700x180 limitation that was causing it to make my sig blurry. Even though it is supposed to be 700x200.

Comment

Any update on why my smilies aren't animated?
                            sigpic

Comment

Everything looks okay
                              when you have that pic on your local computer are the gifs animated?

because the option for animated sigs is turned on

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                Everything looks okay
                                when you have that pic on your local computer are the gifs animated?

because the option for animated sigs is turned on
                                Yes, I can see them animated on my computer.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X