Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm afraid that's how it is folks. You can talk to folks in the members helping members threads and see what info they have for you. However, the reason we did away with the off site linking to sigs is, our site is only as fast as the slowest server it's linked to. and all these sig rotator sites, buttons, countdown banners etc, they were all a part of what was slowing the site as a whole down.

So rather than letting a few slow all of us down, we've gone with an option that inconveniences a few but gives a better experience to more.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I have an animated gif as my signature hosted here, but it's not moving. I know other posters have their sigs animated, so what am I doing wrong?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
        All I see is a link. AWWWW! mine got oppressed to. Well I am not very happy right now. THANKS ALL THAT DIDN'T SHRINK YOUR SIG SIZE THAT LED TO THIS INJUSTICE!
        I guess I was no match for Skydiver's wet noodle of doom.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
          I have an animated gif as my signature hosted here, but it's not moving. I know other posters have their sigs animated, so what am I doing wrong?
          The best bet is that it has something to do with the size of the sig. The uploaded version has been reduces to almost 30KB. What's the original size of the sig?
          sigpic

Comment

I feel that I have to apologize for bursting out like that. Sleep deprivation and current issues did not help the situation. Sorry. My sig I tried to upload was 17kb, and the GW uploader did something to ruin it's quality. I believe that it was set to 180 instead of 200 which would have made it automatically squashed my 700x200 sigs.

Comment

Apology happily accepted.

There are definitely some things to straighten out regarding the sigs/uploader so a lot of re-testing's been going on.

Greg'll take a look later too so let's see what happens.
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

My (main) sig is uploaded to GW - why doesn't it show then? It shouldn't be too big.
                sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

The main Hathor pic should show,as according to the properties it's only 10.97 kb and 499 pixels wide x 170 px tall.

The banner isn't showing except as a url because it links to PB as a jpeg.Maybe that's confusing the Uploader into thinking *everything* is an offsite hotlink.

Test it this way : take the PB banner out ,save your changes and refresh by pressing ctrl and F5 simultaneously.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                    I feel that I have to apologize for bursting out like that. Sleep deprivation and current issues did not help the situation. Sorry. My sig I tried to upload was 17kb, and the GW uploader did something to ruin it's quality. I believe that it was set to 180 instead of 200 which would have made it automatically squashed my 700x200 sigs.
                    The original size is 72kb, which I thought would have been okay.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      The main Hathor pic should show,as according to the properties it's only 10.97 kb and 499 pixels wide x 170 px tall.

The banner isn't showing except as a url because it links to PB as a jpeg.Maybe that's confusing the Uploader into thinking *everything* is an offsite hotlink.

Test it this way : take the PB banner out ,save your changes and refresh by pressing ctrl and F5 simultaneously.
                      Didn't help, unfortunately. Does it show for anyone else?
                      sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Nope,still can't see it .

I doubt the petition link would affect the sig from showing up,so you and others might have to wait on a fix till Greg can check things out .

Comment

Did you put (SIGPIC) (\SIGPIC) in your sig space. Replacing those curvy brackets with square ones?
                          As to the animation the uploader may be compressing it by discarding layers. Something Greg needs to work on. There have also been some usergroups that didn't get the option for animated sigs turned on. I can look into that tonight.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

did you do something like this <url="enter the url here"><sigpic></sigpic></url> but with [ instead of < or did you put the url inside the sigpic ?
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                            StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                            GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                              Nope,still can't see it .

I doubt the petition link would affect the sig from showing up,so you and others might have to wait on a fix till Greg can check things out .
                              Re-uploading worked to make it visible, but the pic got "blurry" (I know I stuck the other stuff in there also, but it wasn't blurry before I uploaded it)
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                As to the animation the uploader may be compressing it by discarding layers. Something Greg needs to work on. There have also been some usergroups that didn't get the option for animated sigs turned on. I can look into that tonight.
                                Thanks Sky.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X