This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
    AMEN! 1,000% agree there was nothing wrong with the old one and if it ain't broke don't fix it
    Well see i would be all for this if it's user-friendliness wasn't so bad. I mean the old version was pretty intuitive but now its just kind of hard to navigate.
    Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Tweaks to come -- I should have some time in a couple of hours. Thanks everyone for the initial feedback.

For those who feel lost, please do give it some time. Once you figure out where your familiar things are located, I think the new look will grow on you!
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Give it time guys.

the old forum looked the way it looked because Darren had done a lot of customizations

Ultimately, things have to move forward. any software reaches a 'too old to be operable' level, where it's using old lines of code that current browsers don't read right.

Things have to change and can't stay 'familiar' forever.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I definitely prefer the old look.

The looks terrible imo.
          The Official Robin Dunne Website

Brian-J-Smith.Com

HenryFossAddicts.Com

Comment

Guys give Darren a break, he's still working ou some of the bugs reported here and hasnt even responded yet. We won't be going back to the old style/forum, but we will be taking on your feedback to improve the new forum.

Some of the things like "GW feel/pictures/styles" are working their way back, these things take time with such a huge upgrade - also to note is the personalised profile pages will be back shortly too.

As Pharaoh said, its only been active for 5-10 minutes.... there is still plenty of time for us to perfect things.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
              Tweaks to come -- I should have some time in a couple of hours. Thanks everyone for the initial feedback.

For those who feel lost, please do give it some time. Once you figure out where your familiar things are located, I think the new look will grow on you!
              if i had any feedback it would be more blue like the old forum other then that this is awesome
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
                I can't even get the page to load right. I don't like the new format.
                The look of it i don t mind, in fact i like it more than the old, its just the interface is bad.
                Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

I am missing the 'View first unread post' link at the top of the opened thread but other than that I love the look!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    I'm seriously lost... And it now looks like any ordinary forum out there... Gone is the GW-feel.
                    Agreed, looks very generic.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg View Post
                      Some of the things like "GW feel/pictures/styles" are working their way back, these things take time with such a huge upgrade - also to note is the personalised profile pages will be back shortly too.
                      That's good to know.
                      sigpic

Comment

Listen guys they have only just got this thing going...I know from personal experience it takes at least a week to get all of the tweeks done...I have done several myself....so please just give the guys a chance....

Kriss
                        sigpic

Comment

1. There definitely should be a line between postbit and post. I can make out they are supposed to be different colours, but it's so subtle that it feel like it's playing tricks on my eyes.

2. Change these images;

These look dull and bland and it's not just the index ones, but the red/blue envelope images too.

3. Bring back the old black background that had the symbols on the side. I loved these.

4. Change the colour of the white background to something that doesn't match posts. Too much (near)identical white.

5. Put reputation on a line below rank, as opposed to the same line.

Other than that, may add more stuff once I have fully explored all the new stuff but I have noticed that avatar limits haven't been increased yet. Well done on getting the update so fast and I look forward to seeing what will be done next.

sigpic

Comment

I miss not having to go all the way back to the top of the page to look at my subscribed page before there was a link at top and bottom gone now, the reply box is small, I miss my persinalized profile page I finally get it the way I like and it is gone too. Part of the appeal of GW was it wasn't just another forum it stood out now it is just another forum nothing about it unique.
                            sigpic

Comment

I have a question - still don't like it - about the first unread post... When I click on the little arrow to take me to the first unread post of the thread, it won't take me to the actual first unread post but to the page where this post is situated... A fixable-problem or just another deal-with-it?

Oh, and I notice that when your rank is long, the green jellies cut to a second line.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The IE glitch is fixed. I can see and read the 'about me' tab.

Comment

Working...
                                X