This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren View Post
    A lot of people have been asking for it, and of course a lot of people won't like it. We're going to go with it for a bit, and see what we think. So for those who don't like it, I'd ask that you give it a little time rather than petitioning for a change from Day One.
    Apart from this being a great forum , one of the things I like that makes it unique is having the poster names as a header, rather than down the side like every other forum out there.

Still, I'll give it a try before I moan at you, Darren.
    sigpic

Comment

Two questions;

Will the forums when updated look similar to a site known to me as The Land of Fu? If so YAY!! #1 (I will provide a link if asked for one)

In addition to Col Sharps question; the signartures will be displayed under every post made by a user in a given thread page right? (Land of Fu has it set to have signatures, but limited to the first post made by a poster every post after that on the page does not have the sig itself) #2

And lastly, LoF has been updated to the newst version of vBulletin, and looks the way it always has, hoewever there are two differeances....

1) Post headers are user names (avatars are limited to 100x100 though)
      2) All user information is on the right side of the post head, showing pretty much everything gateworld has (location; reputation, date joined, etc)

PS: I'm also a moderator on LoF and I can provide a link to the site if asked Darren

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
        2) All user information is on the right side of the post head, showing pretty much everything gateworld has (location; reputation, date joined, etc)
        all of that is going to be on the left side now and we're going to be allowed 120X120 avatars

https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

OK, I read all of this thread, and what I got out of it is: blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
          Looks like I will have many surprises in the days to come
          no means no, and so does pepper spray
          Sig by The Carpenter
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
            OK, I read all of this thread, and what I got out of it is: blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
            Looks like I will have many surprises in the days to come
            i know the suspense is killing me. im a 100% computer nerd so it's fun to play and learn new things.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              i know the suspense is killing me. im a 100% computer nerd so it's fun to play and learn new things.
              Well if your a 100% computer nerd, then i'm a 120% computer geek.

I want my update NAO. Everytime i load a page i'm like NOW!? naaw not now

Comment

Originally posted by Kidwizz View Post
                Well if your a 100% computer nerd, then i'm a 120% computer geek.

I want my update NAO.
                just like a computer once you learn how to use it get's updated and changed

Comment

Will vBulletin 4.0 include the ability to have a larger size of a signature?
                  If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                  Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                  If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                  Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

just like a computer once you learn how to use it get's updated and changed
                    Thats why you need to learn about it before you get it

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                    Will vBulletin 4.0 include the ability to have a larger size of a signature?
                    Hmm good question... This also begs the question will the sig rules be updated?

Comment

if sigs are bigger it would open the door to more abuse then there already is.

my 2 cents

Comment

my 2 cents
                        I didn't think there could be much abuse now that GW has a maximum fixed sig height...?

Comment

Thats why you need to learn about it before you get it

Hmm good question... This also begs the question will the sig rules be updated?

my 2 cents
                          I didn't think there could be much abuse now that GW has a maximum fixed sig height...?
                          Maybe a bigger sig. height could be put in placed for the more..advanced members, that aren't spammers.
                          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                            Maybe a bigger sig. height could be put in placed for the more..advanced members, that aren't spammers.
                            I don't think the software allows for multiple sig heights...

They could be wider and higher with the new layout.

Comment

I don't think the software allows for multiple sig heights...

They could be wider and higher with the new layout.
                              Hopefully so.

sigpic

Comment

Signature limits are moderator-imposed and have nothing to do with the forum software, so no -- all that stays the same.
                                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
                                X