This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
    I can view her profile page I just click her name, the same way I can view my profile page by clicking my name.
    And yes it has occurred to me that you are always one step behind me,
    Either you are stalking me
    Or just out to correct what I say
    Or clicking on the newest post
    Yes, you can view her profile page, but that's not what I am saying, meant to say. A new member (you aren't a new member) cannot view her/his profile or other profiles, until of probie-status. This was implemented three weeks or so ago.

And I'd say all of the possibilities above.
    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

JPer you are just a wealth of knowledge.
      no means no, and so does pepper spray
      Sig by The Carpenter
      sigpic

Comment

JPer you are just a wealth of knowledge.
        I'll consider this a compliment. yay!

Comment

Originally posted by Joshurahrah View Post
          Heyo everyone!

My name is Josh and i am from the UK. I am currently at the University of Hull studying computer science. I have watched Stargate for quite a few years now, and was really pleased to stumble on this site =)

I am also an avid fan of Dr Who.

So yeh, this is me
          yay!! i go to hull uni too!! im in my 3rd year doing aquatic zoology, what yr u in? ive loved stargate since it started but yesterday was the first time i decided to join a forum. we should meet up once semester starts, have a drink in the union and talk about SG!

Comment

Originally posted by flyaninnocentlife View Post
            yay!! i go to hull uni too!! im in my 3rd year doing aquatic zoology, what yr u in? ive loved stargate since it started but yesterday was the first time i decided to join a forum. we should meet up once semester starts, have a drink in the union and talk about SG!
            Welcome to the forum. Look around the threads you will find more Hullites . I will inform another one you are here.
            Sig by The Carpenter
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flyaninnocentlife View Post
              Welcome to the forum. Look around the threads you will find more Hullites . I will inform another one you are here.
              Concider her informed. *first year drama student waves to other Hullites*
              If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
              sigpic

Comment

Hello all :Big Grin

New to this place but will b around for a while lol, does anyone know how long it will b b4 I get off probie status so I can view and edit my profile prop?

see u's all in the Gateroom lol
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ar3s View Post

New to this place but will b around for a while lol, does anyone know how long it will b b4 I get off probie status so I can view and edit my profile prop?

Welcome to GateWorld Forum, Ar3s,

As long as you're on Probie-satus - which is different from the "Probie-rank" shown under your username - you're on "moderation" and your user control panel options are indeed limited, but you can change your avatar for example or subscribe to a thread. Moderation means your posts need to be approved by a moderator before they appear. This had to be implemented as a protection against spammers (yes they ruin all the good things).

It is correct that you also cannot access your own or anyone else's profile, nor can you send PM, post VMs, edit your posts, etc. These are all protections the forum administrators had to take to protect the board against spammers.

As your post count, membership duration and reputation increases you'll be, at one point, promoted to the next user level (different from the rank under your nick/user name which is solely linked to your post count). Then you'll be able to view your and other members profiles or change your signature.
                  The Probie-restrictions, including moderation, will then cease to be.

More info on Probie status can be found here.

The GateWorld Forum FAQ can be found here.

There's also NEWBIES: Handy Forum Tutorials!

The X-Treme guide to GateWorld Forum can be found here.

And for the future Rules for signatures can be found here.

Hope this has all the info you need. Enjoy your stay here on GateWorld, we're happy to have you!
                  - Jasper

Comment

Also, if you have more questions feel free to ask them here, or in the MEMBERS helping MEMBERS: General Help and Assistance Thread which has more frequent visitors if you have any questions.

- Jasper

Comment

OK, ty for the info
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ar3s View Post

Hi there, welcome to the forum.
                        I see Jper has already done his informative act, so I will do the welcome act.
                        Patience is the word about probie status, just keep posting and you get a nice surprise one day, when you find out you have all kinds of goodies to play with.
                        Now wasn't that more fun than reading all that stuff Jper quoted
                        Sig by The Carpenter
                        sigpic

Comment

Hi there, welcome to the forum.
                          I see Jper has already done his informative act, so I will do the welcome act.
                          Patience is the word about probie status, just keep posting and you get a nice surprise one day, when you find out you have all kinds of goodies to play with.
                          Now wasn't that more fun than reading all that stuff Jper quoted
                          LOL
                          sigpic

Comment

*Waves hello* I just joined today. Was looking around today for a Stargate site and I found this site. Hope to post often .

Comment

Originally posted by ladybug42 View Post
                              *Waves hello* I just joined today. Was looking around today for a Stargate site and I found this site. Hope to post often .
                              Hope to see you post often
                              welcome to the forum
                              Sig by The Carpenter
                              sigpic

Comment

Message to all newbies...let the hate flow through you and learn the true nature of the Force
                                -Darth Aretood2
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X