This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

I've been around Gateworld for about a week now. I've only ever posted a reply on the Daniel/MS Thunk thread. I'm not really new to Stargate, although I only really got into it last summer.

- Buggy
    Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
    Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

hello there Buggy542!!! welcome to the forum,have fun!!!!

Comment

Welcome Buggy542. Hope to see you posting around!
        Rocky

Comment

Greetings, All.

This is my first post here at the Forum, so I'm just gonna jump through the gate and get this over with.

TechnoWraith - that's me. I came up with the name while watching Stargate Atlantis last friday, and listening to some techno-tunes on my comp.
          (Plus I happen to think the Wraith are kinda cool - at the risk of sounding like a geek ).

Been a Stargate fan ever since I saw the original movie. I've followed the entire Stargate SG-1 series from it's inception and currently own Season's 1-5 on DVD. (I'm working on getting the rest.) I got hooked on Stargate Atlantis during the first half-hour of "Rising", and have been following it ever since.

I found GateWorld last thursday while randomly surfing the internet search engines. (I typed in "Stargate" in yahoo and pressed the search button and that's how I ended up here.) Found it to be a great place so I decided to join and here I am.

Hope to see you all around.

Comment

Great to see more new people coming here

Welcome to GateWorld!

Buggy

Comment

Welcome TechnoWraith! Hope to see you posting around the Forum!!!
              Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                Greetings, All.

This is my first post here at the Forum, so I'm just gonna jump through the gate and get this over with.

TechnoWraith - that's me. I came up with the name while watching Stargate Atlantis last friday, and listening to some techno-tunes on my comp.
                (Plus I happen to think the Wraith are kinda cool - at the risk of sounding like a geek ).

Been a Stargate fan ever since I saw the original movie. I've followed the entire Stargate SG-1 series from it's inception and currently own Season's 1-5 on DVD. (I'm working on getting the rest.) I got hooked on Stargate Atlantis during the first half-hour of "Rising", and have been following it ever since.

I found GateWorld last thursday while randomly surfing the internet search engines. (I typed in "Stargate" in yahoo and pressed the search button and that's how I ended up here.) Found it to be a great place so I decided to join and here I am.

Hope to see you all around.
                hello and welcome!!

Comment

I didn't realize this topic was here. I found it alittle odd that there was no Introduction page or something like that. I do have one question though and I need a direct answer: About writing a fan fic. I know I'm new here and I should read up on the rules but I have to ask.

When you start a new fic, do you post it right there cause I have read the links for stories but found none. I don't onw a website like most of you do beacuse well, money's alittle tight right now.

I just had to ask. I was curious.

Anyway, I hope that I get to liking this website, cause I'm a fan not a die- hard fan but just a ordinary fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Boy
                    I didn't realize this topic was here. I found it alittle odd that there was no Introduction page or something like that. I do have one question though and I need a direct answer: About writing a fan fic. I know I'm new here and I should read up on the rules but I have to ask.

When you start a new fic, do you post it right there cause I have read the links for stories but found none. I don't onw a website like most of you do beacuse well, money's alittle tight right now.

Anyway, I hope that I get to liking this website, cause I'm a fan not a die- hard fan but just a ordinary fan.
                    There are lots of people/companies out there that let you make a weblog without having to pay. Granted, you don't have as much freedom as you would with your own website, but I'm sure its enough to post your own fanfic.

If you want, you can try www.xanga.com

Hope that helped!

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Boy

Welcome Bad Boy. If you'd like fan fic assistance, try posting a thread with your request in the Fan fic section.
                      Rocky

Comment

Hey. Im KoRnY. I found this website looking for Stargate conventions & info on when the rest of season 8 was going to be aired. Seems i found the right place

Been watching sci-fi since i was 3 & been watching Stargate since the movie.
                        "I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to." - Donnie Darko

Comment

Welcome to the Forum KoRnY. Hope to see you posting around!
                          Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by KoRnY
                            Hey. Im KoRnY. I found this website looking for Stargate conventions & info on when the rest of season 8 was going to be aired. Seems i found the right place

Been watching sci-fi since i was 3 & been watching Stargate since the movie.
                            Hello KoRnY!

You did find the right place! This is a great website!

Have fun posting!

Comment

Hi, you can call me argent. i can't remember how long i've been watching stargate. it seems like forever. the movie was my introduction. May have been going through an X-files phase as well, which i think has screwed with my brain. I can't even remember how many seasons i've seen. As for me, i'm a 20 yo biology student who writes more than she should and studies less than she'd like. I'm a Kemetic Pagan by faith, and my love and knowledge of Egyptian mythology does lend itself to my wonderful imagination while watching stargate. Especially Anubis. I kept expecting to see a jackal head under that cloak with a mischevous grin and a glint in his eye. The main genre of stories i write are horro/fantasy. My love of sci-fi has diminished somewhat, probably because of my brother's obsession with Staw Wars, which i really can't stand (no offence to those that do like it). I knew about Gateworld long before i came here. I don't know why i never thought to look for stuff online about stargate, but i supose there are certain things i'm just a little slower at. Here's to interesting times here. Gods know i have enough forums to hang around at, and don't really need another, but i can't resist anymore.

senebty,
                              argent

Comment

Originally posted by argento_occhi
                                Hi, you can call me argent. i can't remember how long i've been watching stargate. it seems like forever. the movie was my introduction. May have been going through an X-files phase as well, which i think has screwed with my brain. I can't even remember how many seasons i've seen. As for me, i'm a 20 yo biology student who writes more than she should and studies less than she'd like. I'm a Kemetic Pagan by faith, and my love and knowledge of Egyptian mythology does lend itself to my wonderful imagination while watching stargate. Especially Anubis. I kept expecting to see a jackal head under that cloak with a mischevous grin and a glint in his eye. The main genre of stories i write are horro/fantasy. My love of sci-fi has diminished somewhat, probably because of my brother's obsession with Staw Wars, which i really can't stand (no offence to those that do like it). I knew about Gateworld long before i came here. I don't know why i never thought to look for stuff online about stargate, but i supose there are certain things i'm just a little slower at. Here's to interesting times here. Gods know i have enough forums to hang around at, and don't really need another, but i can't resist anymore.

senebty,
                                argent
                                Hello argent, welcome to GateWorld!

X-Files is a great show, and I'm finding myself wondering why it messed up your brain... or maybe it messed with mine too, and I just don't know it

Anyways, hope you have fun posting!

Comment

Working...
                                X