Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't have the "remember me" box checked, and I had gone out grocery shopping - so that's likely the reason. Fixed now.
    sigpic

Comment

Fair enough!
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Temporarily using Firefox due to major flaw alert from MS with ALL versions of IE. No goofy pop-ups. I did have all ads blocked on IE9.

Comment

display issue with a Sears ad - both at top and bottom of page

sigpic

Comment

I had he same issue with that ad last night but only when I'd increased my zoom. When I went back to normal zoom the ad when back to it's rightful layout.
            Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

There was a Zazzle ad that did the same thing. I reported it to Google ad sense, and they said they would contact the other party involved. I haven't seen the ad lately.

Comment

I've never had any issue with ads on GW until now. The past couple of days the 'panera bread' ad is keeping GW from loading. The ad will load, but then I just get the blue background of GW and I have to refresh. After 2 or 3 times the page will load. I don't have any ad details because it just says that GW is trying to load. I thought I had an ad pop up blocker and that is why I usually don't have any issues but for some reason this one ad is a problem. If any other ad comes up on the page, then it loads fine, so it's just panera bread.

Edit: just downloaded adblock for Chrome and it stopped! and can I just say, adblock is *fabulous*! It's blocking all the stupid little ads on the side of FB, and every page seems so much faster now! Wow!
                Last edited by mrscopterdoc; 03 December 2013, 06:28 AM. Reason: added info
                sigpic

Comment

Hi mods.

Here you go, the ad that is perturbing moi...

Last edited by FanGirl; 14 December 2013, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                    I've never had any issue with ads on GW until now. The past couple of days the 'panera bread' ad is keeping GW from loading. The ad will load, but then I just get the blue background of GW and I have to refresh. After 2 or 3 times the page will load. I don't have any ad details because it just says that GW is trying to load. I thought I had an ad pop up blocker and that is why I usually don't have any issues but for some reason this one ad is a problem. If any other ad comes up on the page, then it loads fine, so it's just panera bread.

Edit: just downloaded adblock for Chrome and it stopped! and can I just say, adblock is *fabulous*! It's blocking all the stupid little ads on the side of FB, and every page seems so much faster now! Wow!
                    How did you do that? Every time I try I end up back at the site that tells me all about it. When I try using the link that says download, it takes me to an unfamiliar site name. Livid or something like that. I don't trust anything I've never seen before that claims to be the best thing since sliced bread.

Comment

I'm getting that Western Union ad, too. I'm running Safari.
                      Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

that western union ad loads like that - full size - every time it appears on the page. You do NOT have to scroll over it for it to expand.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FanGirl View Post
                          How did you do that? Every time I try I end up back at the site that tells me all about it. When I try using the link that says download, it takes me to an unfamiliar site name. Livid or something like that. I don't trust anything I've never seen before that claims to be the best thing since sliced bread.
                          I just went to tools>extensions>get more extensions and then searched for ad block and then clicked the 'free +' blue button. Then a box pops up saying it will be added and I click okay. That's all I did.
                          sigpic

Comment

I've e-mailed Darren about it.

Just a little word. I totally get using ad block. I once accessed yahoo without it and was astonished at all the junk there and how practically unusable it is with the ads. However....the ads here help to pay the server bills so....use your best judgement and bear the 'big picture' in mind (no pun intended)
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              I've e-mailed Darren about it.

Just a little word. I totally get using ad block. I once accessed yahoo without it and was astonished at all the junk there and how practically unusable it is with the ads. However....the ads here help to pay the server bills so....use your best judgement and bear the 'big picture' in mind (no pun intended)
                              I know, and adblock lets you you 'unblock' certain pages....which I did for here I was just having so much trouble with that pesky panera bread ad I had to do something.
                              sigpic

Comment

I totally understand. It'd be hypocritical of me to criticize anyone using it because I do too. Some web pages are just totally impossible to visit without ad block. (try going to tvguide.com some time, more ads than info)
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X