This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captain jake
    What does it mean when you get a grey/blue reputation mark?

Like this
    That's a neutral rep point. The poster who gave it to you is too new for his or her rep to count. Neutral rep doesn't affect your rep number, so you have to judge what the poster meant based on the comment left behind. (If a comment was left behind). A negative rep will be a red box, by the way.

Comment

Does anyone know how to see how many posts you have in OT?
      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by wako!
        You cant. The only way to find out is if you use the search feature to check every thread you post in and then add all your posts up from each thread.

sigpic
        Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
        Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by wako!
          Find each thread in Off-Topic in which you've posted, click the Replies Number, and add up your totals for each thread. If there's an easier way, it's not coming to mind for me right now.
          Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Call me a dork, but I can't figure out how to use Random Image! I find the "upload images" center thing and I upload my image, then it just goes right back to "upload images" and claims not to have any of the imges I just uploaded!!

Um, and I tried to look under "help" for.. um.. help, but it didn't.... help.

Help?
            Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel
              Call me a dork, but I can't figure out how to use Random Image! I find the "upload images" center thing and I upload my image, then it just goes right back to "upload images" and claims not to have any of the imges I just uploaded!!

Um, and I tried to look under "help" for.. um.. help, but it didn't.... help.

Help?
              You upload the image, then go to the rotations page and select which pics you want to display and check the box/s then click on the small button "update rotation" there should be a button at the bottom of the page.

On GW I don't use a sig so I can't say how you display it here, but on other forms I just cut and paste the link they give in img tags.

Comment

Originally posted by defending
                You upload the image, then go to the rotations page and select which pics you want to display and check the box/s then click on the small button "update rotation" there should be a button at the bottom of the page.

On GW I don't use a sig so I can't say how you display it here, but on other forms I just cut and paste the link they give in img tags.
                Yes you have to remember to check the boxes for the images you want to display or it will not work. Uploading the images is just that uploading not rotating. You need to check the boxes in the rotation section and update it before you can have a link (URL) for your rotation (sig). Also the more you check (tick) a box the more that image will appear in the overall rotation so if you really like one image more than another just tick the box more.

Oh and you need to make (not sure what they call them) a folder for the rotations to reside.

Comment

I'm in need of help again. Maybe I'm missing the option.. but how do I -permanently- disable smilies? I looked in my preferences and in the reply messages area but couldn't find it. I mostly use QR and that doesn't give me the option unless I go to advanced. I don't like smilies, especially when it gives me one unintentionally.

I searched the thread but all Q&As seems to be on how to get smilies to WORK. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by defending
                    You upload the image, then...
                    OK, stop right there. It won't upload my images. It says, "You have 0 image(s) uploaded. Click 'here' for the image upload form." (even though the form is already there) so I click 'here' and it takes me to the image upload form (which was right underneath), I see the option: "Upload a File From Your Computer:", I click 'Browse...', I choose the file to upload, I click '**Upload Image', it looks like it's going to work and....

It goes right back to: "You have 0 image(s) uploaded. Click 'here' for the image upload form."...

An endless cycle.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily
                      I'm in need of help again. Maybe I'm missing the option.. but how do I -permanently- disable smilies? I looked in my preferences and in the reply messages area but couldn't find it. I mostly use QR and that doesn't give me the option unless I go to advanced. I don't like smilies, especially when it gives me one unintentionally.

I searched the thread but all Q&As seems to be on how to get smilies to WORK. lol.
                      I looked under 'My Controls' but it turns out you can only permanently disable avatars, sigs, and pictures. I don't think you can disable smilies without going advanced.

Sorry...

sigpic

Comment

OK, stop right there. It won't upload my images. It says, "You have 0 image(s) uploaded. Click 'here' for the image upload form." (even though the form is already there) so I click 'here' and it takes me to the image upload form (which was right underneath), I see the option: "Upload a File From Your Computer:", I click 'Browse...', I choose the file to upload, I click '**Upload Image', it looks like it's going to work and....

It goes right back to: "You have 0 image(s) uploaded. Click 'here' for the image upload form."...

An endless cycle.
                        well the site has had probelms lately not sure if there've been resolved yet that might be your probelm
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                          well the site has had probelms lately not sure if there've been resolved yet that might be your probelm
                          I DID IT!!! *throws confetti*

Oy, no matter what I did, it wouldn't let me upload from my computer. So, guess what I did. I uploaded the images onto ImageShack, then from ImageShack to RandomImage! And, well, it worked... somehow...

Whatever, at least I did it. *shrug*

sigpic

Comment

lol, congrats! That's a roundaout way of doing something.

Thanks, btw, for checking for me. Now another question: WHY is there no permenant disable for smilies?!

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily
                              lol, congrats! That's a roundaout way of doing something.

Thanks, btw, for checking for me. Now another question: WHY is there no permenant disable for smilies?!
                              I don't know...

How 'bout this question: how big is a kb? Is 25050 more than 50 kb?

sigpic

Comment

I don't know...

How 'bout this question: how big is a kb? Is 25050 more than 50 kb?
                                1024 bytes = 1 kbyte.

25050 bytes is a bit under 25kb.
                                Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                                X