• Time
  • Show
Clear All

as far as i know youtube is ok alot of people post video's from there
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
      as far as i know youtube is ok alot of people post video's from there
      Okay, thanks. I was thinking it was, but I wanted to double check since it wasn't quite the same thing as a vid.
      It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

I think it's okay as well.
        sigpic

Comment

Oo, oo! Me, me! *waves hand in air* Okay, forgive my ignorance in my ensueing questions (and my typos, as there are bound to be MANY of them), but I have never been a part of a message board before (technically) and I have NO idea what I'm doing. I hardly know where to START asking the questions. Okay, i guess I'll just list them below:

*Does this cite have a feature where you can have a private conversation with one of the board members?
          *If you see a 'thread' that interests you, do you just jump right into the conversation, or are many of them, like, kinda conversations that have been going on for a awhile between a few pople who started them up?
          *And how do you re-access those conversations that you join, if you forget which ones they were and where you found them?

Well, I think that's it for now. Hopefully I'll be able to find my way back to this page so I can read the answers people have hopefully posted.

Thanks, Hopelessy Confused

P.S.-anyone know when they're going to announce the next Get in the Gate sweepstakes winner? And do you REALLY have to be 18 or older to enter? I didn't know that when I entered, and yet SciFi.com still allowed me to enter... hmm. Oh, one more question- how do you find a specific thread, or rather a specific thread subject already in existence? I've tried running searches already and that seemed to yield threads that were completely off the topic I had in mind. Ai-yi-yi, I have much to learn...

Comment

Originally posted by jmouse
            *Does this cite have a feature where you can have a private conversation with one of the board members?
            *If you see a 'thread' that interests you, do you just jump right into the conversation, or are many of them, like, kinda conversations that have been going on for a awhile between a few pople who started them up?
            *And how do you re-access those conversations that you join, if you forget which ones they were and where you found them?
            GW has a Private Message (PM) feature in your Options page. No chat rooms.

All threads (that have not been locked by Mods) are open for anyone and everyone to post in, never let anyone make you feel you are not welcome to post, if it is part of the forum you can post, the only exception maybe is the Role Playing section (but as I don't use that I can't say).

Gw has a subscribe to thread feature in the Threads, at the top of the screen (Thread Tools) . Just click and they will be saved as a sub in your Options Page.

All other answers can be found in the Rules and the FAQ *look* above this page to the little heading in blue. (GateWorld Home, FAQ, Rules....)

Comment

hey everyone, i'm searching for a translation-site for an hungary site, or even better is there a person from hungary here that would translate something for me from hungary to english? that would be really great. thanks

Comment

One of my favorite translation sites is Omniglot - try it.
                sigpic

Comment

thanks for the link Nolamom, have already found someone who helped me.

Comment

how does one convert a video Gif to a video jpeg?

Comment

Originally posted by principia
                      how does one convert a video Gif to a video jpeg?
                      JPEG doesn't have animation support. If you're trying to use an animated GIF for a sig, and it's too large for the sig limits, you'll either have to remove some frames to shrink it to fit, reduce the quality to shrink it to fit, or use something else.
                      Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

can anyone help me ? i keep trying to listen to the newest david hewlitt and 'Baal' interviews on gateworld, and all i hear are the first 5 seconds then it stops working .... could someone upload it somewhere and give me a link so i can here em !!

Comment

Originally posted by GATEGOD
                          can anyone help me ? i keep trying to listen to the newest david hewlitt and 'Baal' interviews on gateworld, and all i hear are the first 5 seconds then it stops working .... could someone upload it somewhere and give me a link so i can here em !!
                          this has happen before it's a probelm on david and darren end nothing we can do
                          i reported it to david

update
                          fixed
                          Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 14 August 2006, 05:28 AM.
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                            JPEG doesn't have animation support. If you're trying to use an animated GIF for a sig, and it's too large for the sig limits, you'll either have to remove some frames to shrink it to fit, reduce the quality to shrink it to fit, or use something else.
                            you could literally reduce the frame size (hight and width), too, or make it transparent/use delta frames (not that i know how to do either).
                            sigpic
                            "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                            Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                              Yep, what you'll need to do is break down the source file into individual frames using something like nandub, then rebuild it again as a gif (reducing the size and quality). Though, if I remember your original vid correctly, it wouldn't be worth it. 50k's isn't alot to work with for animated gifs.

Comment

Hey, everyone! One question, can you put "spoilers for such and such episode" in the blue line here:
                                Spoiler:
                                such and such was awesome!
                                ????

Did that make sense...?
                                Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X