This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrincessJ88 View Post
    Thanks, Pegasus. It may take me a few tries but I'm sure I'll get it eventually.
    You're welcome. Although I gave you the rules, I never explained how to do it. Sorry Princess.

To put in a pic, it's best to have an external account like photobucket this will allow you to store your pics, it also you to hotlink from there without stealing their bandwith. The registration is free, so once you have that, upload your photos and then to link them here, you'll see to url's.

One with just a normal url and one showing some thing like this [IMG] http://pictures.com [/IMG] without the spaces.

You can do one of two things. You can copy and paste a normal link and then click on the 'insert image' box that looks like this insertimage.gif insert the link into that box and click save and your picture will show up.

Or you can copy and paste the URL link direct to here and add [IMG] at the beginning, then close it by ending the link with [/IMG] without gaps. does that make sense?

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    the offical number is no longer known??/

it used to be 2001
    It's about that, yep.
    Last edited by Pegasus_SGA; 29 September 2008, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
      Or as I mentioned before about googling, but it helps to know a sentance, the name of the poster a snippet of the conversation. I tried using yours but couldn't find anything except for this

I don't know if it's the one you were thinking of, but it had talk about Midway, spacesuits and complaints.

Eureaka! That's the one!

I was close on the thread name but no cigar.

Unfortueately it turns out is from about 20,000 years ago, well, not that long, but February, anyway...

I was there only a week ago, assumed I was looking at something more recent but I would have had to set the search data back at least 6 mo. to pick it up.

Oh well. At least the discussion will be all in one place and there will be a context for some of my intended remarks. Thanks.

One more thing. I found something that helps. AOL runs on top of some form of Internet Explorer so I am assuming IE. If you hold down the <Ctrl> key and then press the < F > key you get a "find in top window" box.

I've worked out a two step approach. Set to display a large number of posts per page, Once you locate the thread using the various methods, you can then search inside for text using the IE search box. I imagine other browsers might have some equivalent to this as well.

Ok I'm good now. Thanks to all.
      "Thank God it hit the Reading Library, or somebody might have been seriously hurt!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
        I'm unable to see users’ info on the profiles. The tabs are missing. I'm using IE, as that's what is available at the library and as it's a widely used browser I don't see why GW shouldn't be compatible with it.
        Realplayer has a hidden, internal web browser. If you open the program normally and then press CTRL+N, it will open a web browser window where you can use it as you would IE. The star-symbolled button lets you add it to Realplayer's favourites.

Hope that helps!
        "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
        ==============================================================
        Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
        Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Comment

Originally posted by Tiletron View Post
          Realplayer has a hidden, internal web browser. If you open the program normally and then press CTRL+N, it will open a web browser window where you can use it as you would IE. The star-symbolled button lets you add it to Realplayer's favourites.

Hope that helps!
          Salutations, i'm trying to disable the email notifications that I get for each time someone responds to one of my subscribed threads. But I can't find the option. I've gone into 'Edit options' but can't see it there. Has it moved?

Comment

I don't think it's been moved, rather than been renamed. Its currently called "Default Thread Subscription Mode" and it's still in the Edit Options area.
            "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
            ==============================================================
            Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
            Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Comment

ETA: and remember to change the default thread subscription mode to: No Notification in the Options page in your Use CP.

NM. Already been answered.
              Last edited by Missster.Freeman; 22 September 2008, 11:59 AM.
              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Tiletron View Post
                I don't think it's been moved, rather than been renamed. Its currently called "Default Thread Subscription Mode" and it's still in the Edit Options area.
                Thanks hon, I had a brain fart.

Comment

How do you create a social group?

i'm not sure if this is already posted but im in a rush.

Sorry if this has already been posted before ^^
                  (~°.°)~.....~(°~)

Mayborne: I took your dog i hope you don't mind.
                  Jack: Your eating my dog...
                  Jack: You want a beer to wash it down?
                  Mayborne: Already helped myself.

Comment

Originally posted by [[.DarkShadows.]] View Post

When you're viewing the list of groups, at the bottom of the page it says "Create a new group".
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by [[.DarkShadows.]] View Post

I believe you'll be able to set up a social group once you come off newbie status. Certain privilages are restricted as a new poster, and I believe this is one of them along with not being able to set up an album or post in real time. I'm afraid it's up to the mods to decide when that will be. Sorry.

Comment

Thanks you two

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                        When you're viewing the list of groups, at the bottom of the page it says "Create a new group".
                        Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                        I believe you'll be able to set up a social group once you come off newbie status. Certain privilages are restricted as a new poster, and I believe this is one of them along with not being able to set up an album or post in real time. I'm afraid it's up to the mods to decide when that will be. Sorry.
                        (~°.°)~.....~(°~)

Mayborne: I took your dog i hope you don't mind.
                        Jack: Your eating my dog...
                        Jack: You want a beer to wash it down?
                        Mayborne: Already helped myself.

Comment

Hi guys.

I've recently made over 200 posts and when I try to view all my posts it will only show me 200 even though I've made more than that (if you get my meening).

Is there another search tool in the forum you can use to search for every single post you've made or is the one in your profile the only one available.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                            Hi guys.

I've recently made over 200 posts and when I try to view all my posts it will only show me 200 even though I've made more than that (if you get my meening).

Is there another search tool in the forum you can use to search for every single post you've made or is the one in your profile the only one available.
                            I get your meaning

You can get more results by changing the dates for the search, under Search Options change: Find Posts from... ===> A Month ago ===> and Older, for example.

It's a little more complicated to find all your posts if you've been here a long time, but for you, just changing the dates a bit shud be enough

Comment

Originally posted by Ronja View Post
                              I get your meaning

You can get more results by changing the dates for the search, under Search Options change: Find Posts from... ===> A Month ago ===> and Older, for example.

It's a little more complicated to find all your posts if you've been here a long time, but for you, just changing the dates a bit shud be enough
                              Cheers Rongja

I'm glad you got my meening
                              I'll give it a go and post on here if I have any problems.

Comment

lol sure glad I could help

Btw u won't get more results (still 200) but u can just search different time periods this way.

Comment

Working...
                                X